Protect Celestia 1,947 members · 1,762 stories
Comments ( 91 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 91
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I've been debating for a while to start this thread but I think it is now time. There are many stories out there that could be added to the group but we may not be sure if it is appropriate or not for inclusion. So ask you what stories do you think could be added but you are unsure of?

Make suggestions, debate, and so on. All I ask is that you keep the discussion relevant, concise, and Safe For Woona.

EDIT:
You may also use this thread to discuss fics that are already added that you question why they are in the group. Same rule apply as with the above.

Oh, this looks like fun. I'll.....

All I ask is that you keep the discussion relevant, concise, and Safe For Woona. [\quote]

...F&$#%

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Do you have a suggestion Dance? :twilightsmile:

1083493 actually i do. Id like to open the old wounds on the verisict on PC Changeling queen. Should it be in? I still say no because it simply is t about celestia, but an oc.

......did i just post a comment without cursing?

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I would be more surprised if you posted with correct grammar and spelling.

*mentally translates comment* You mean Vren22's Princess Celestia: Changeling Queen?

1083571 i blame my iPhony 4 and lack of ambition to spell shit right.

And yes.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I believe it was decided to table that one for the time being until Celestia actually appears in modern era of the story.

1083592oka doke.

Back to Smackdown

1083571 i also believe its Vren55

Most if not all of the ones I'd suggest are already in. Real life kinda gets in the way of ponies, dammit.

I've wondered if my own Crossovers would fit. Celestia goes TCB (by way of Plan 9 From Outer Space) but it's revealed to be a dream -- and a prank by Luna.

If it doesn't fit, that's fine; it really is more of a comedic crossover than a significant story about Celestia.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Ok this is one that is already in the archives but has been brought to my attention that it might not exactly be right for the group: My Full-Sized Goddess Horse

1084151, Isn't that a parody story?

1083571 1083612

You got my name wrong? Seriously?

And yeah I'm good with the verdict. :D

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Hard to say since it lacks the normal comedy tag

Comet Burst
Group Admin

Actually, I was for adding it here.

I have my crossover where half is about Nightmare Moon, but the other is about Celestia.

1085859 Wow thanks! But only one chapter of Celestia probably isn't enough to be put into the group's folder... just yet XD

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

And there is also the Aprils' Fool chapter to consider as well.

1087148 Oh right :P

Okay... I'll be frank. This is likely me just... bitching and moaning about it, but...

While I understand "Post Nuptials" being in the story list... as of this point, I don't understand the inclusion of its sequel, "Families". While the former is a bit of slice-of-life and everyone making up in the aftermath of the wedding, Families is... not so much.

Sure, there are actual slice-of-life bits, but that's just it. Bits. It has basically become all about an Anti-Celestia conspiracy blended in with Scootabuse, with Scootaloo's father becoming one of the FLATTEST villains ever. Sure, it features Celestia being the bigger mare about the conspiracy and not physically acting out, but still... the damn conspiracy plot got old, at least for me as the viewer, especially since we follow up Pinkie and her family reuniting with... Soarin and Rainbow Dash being poisoned by Scoot's father at a dinner he invited them to.

I am in a bit of a grey area.

Technically, A story I am almost done with does not have Celestia IN it. As in she is not have any lines or is directly mentioned or hold any real role, but at the same time the story is partially about her actions.

In the epilogue, she is mentioned by name, and in the prologue, a scroll s inferred to be hers because of the stamped "C" on it.

The story is mainly a practice for me, but is specifically about the guy who does Celestia's dirty work. In the prologue, he is arming himself for something and leaves his house early in the morning.
The first chapter begins and Rarity is closing up her shop. At the last minute, this guy arrives and she is scared to death of him because Sweetie Belle is upstairs. The story has flashback to when they first met to where they are now.
In the end, he leaves and rarity has some closing words. In the epilogue, Rarity wakes in the morning and reads the wrong paper. She rereads the headliner, a story about a drug lord and his mansion going up in flames, and as she is about to discard the paper, she recognizes someone in the background. She looks closely and sees it is her client from the night before. She goes to the library and looks through old news papers and finds a correlation that whenever a bad guy is caught, killed, or something big happens, she can see him in the background.

In the extended epilogue, kidnappers are negotiating for their release of their hostage with the guy from before, who says that he is send on behalf of the Princess. they keep refusing his offer, and so he kills them all and saves the girls.

I completely understand if this is not accepted, but maybe we should wait until I publish it, first.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

That is indeed a gray area, but unfortunately since Celestia wasn't even in the fic let alone a major character I would say that it wouldn't be allowed. A while ago I was asked by a writer to read through his Fallout: Equestria fic, it was a similar situation to this. Celestia was active in the background but even then there wasn't much of her.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Not a problem man

How about Wings of Tomorrow ~ Lament of the World? It portrays an alternate universe where Celestia was overthrown and demonized as a tyrant, and the world was plunged into robber-baron capitalism and mechanized dystopia, with the few ponies who remember the way the world was trying to rescue Celestia and restore her to the throne.

Seriously, the scenes depicting her imprisonment are heartbreaking enough to shut up the haters.

After asking around and changing spots, I decided that I am going to ask again to have you look at it.

Here is the incomplete story in need of beign edited and slipped around. But, to be honest, to save you time, what I would use to be in this group is the last Chapter, In Medias Res.

Regardless of Celestia's background doings, I have the two sisters acting in a manner that out group would support and also shows Celestia reflecting on her decision making.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/113560/the-tailor-and-her-recurring-customer
[Link: It is going to be fixed up later.

Password is: pros

I would like to nominate "destiny, and othet lies told to foals" by Sunchaser, for the best of the best Folder.

Because it is one of the Best Celestia stories I have ever had the immense pleasure of reading.

I'm going to answer that one, since I was the one who added both stories.

I think that families should be in the list for a good reason, the whole Anti-Celestia subplot it's a deconstruction of the whole "Tyrantlestia" concept, showing what would really happen if one goes against beings like Celestia and Luna, and I can tell that Celestia's actions in that fic are in concordance with the group rules, she doesn't act like a tyrant at all and in fact, takes the heat for the whole wedding fiasco in order to protect Twilight and Shining Armor.

There's a Crossover section, so I'm figuring if I wanted to add my fic it should be all right, but just wanna throw it out to the forum here as a just-in-case before I do.

My fic Nightmare in Old Equestria is a Doctor Whooves story, featuring the Seventh Doctor (I like using Classic Doctors instead of Tenth or higher) with Celestia featured as an ex-companion.

Celestia is a major character throughout the story and is at his side throughout. I made a point not to intentionally alter her personality in any major way, so that should fit in with the goal of the group.

Like I said, don't think it's a problem, but I always figure it's better to ask and not have to than vice-versa.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

I like to think that this thread is more about fics that the writer isn't too sure about, but I do appreciate the caution. It sounds like she is in character, so ask yourself is she a tyrant or a troll?

Neither, the most out of character thing about her I'd think perhaps showing deference to the Doctor and, when briefly shown as her younger self, being very gleeful at the prospect of explosives (since she's basically the pony version of a companion known for home made bombs).

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

She's a pony version of Ace? Nothing wrong with being boom happy, I like to think that Celestia is bit of a pyro myself

Yeah, I got the idea, imagined a Teen Rebel Celestia, and figured it was too good to pass up. It doesn't hurt that she can be 'initialed' into it too (Alicorn Celestia of Equestria)

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Nothing wrong with that, I do find it refreshing at times to read a fillyestia fic that doesn't have her as a perfect pink pony princess. Main thing to consider is that she doesn't lose what makes her Celestia, or at the very least we see her grow into the mare that she becomes.

That's her whole character arc if/when I do more stories with her. She has a bit of what Applejack did in Cutie Mark Chronicles, not wanting to be tied down to a pre-chosen destiny. Though, as she's a resentful teenager, it gets cranked up higher than it did with AJ. So she runs away, comes across the Doctor, who lets her travel with him until she develops enough to want to be the Princess she's meant to be.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Alright then, I see no reason to deny it being added.

Okay, I am greatly conflicted on a story I just read... mainly because a lot of it's 38 chapters are tedious filler in the form of character development and it takes such a long time to get to the actual STORY of it.

Basically, Luna is given a choice to reform by the Elements, instead of just purified... She says 'no', destroys the Elements -somehow- and then in the resulting strife and because the Macguffins were destroyed, Discord broke free and became Equestria's savoir from Eternal Night and suffering... BUT... that is not where the story ends. It goes into Discord's brief rule of 'fun and chaos, but wanton destruction for destruction's sake is boring and not fun', and then he screws up... and to make sure he doesn't have a rebellion on his claws, he goes with Twilight to find the still-missing Princess Celestia.

... Come about... twenty chapters later, she's found... and due to events in the story, she thought that Luna and Twilight had both died, and had been trying to set the universe on a reset, destroying this one in the process. When she's snapped back to her senses, she's regretful, and it's up to Discord to save the day...

... At the cost of becoming a statue.

It's not a bad fic, and I don't think it's going for any Tyrantlestia bull-crap, thankfully, but... should it be added? Celestia's hardly in it at all.

Comment posted by Snow123 deleted Jan 20th, 2014
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Do you have a rebuttal to 2641609's comment?

If I have the premise of this group right, what's most important isn't so much the amount of Celestia's screentime so much as what she does with the time she has.

Going by the description, sounds like we go a long while before seeing Celestia again and when we do she's lost it a tad. So based on that, not so sure. Is there any hint of Celestia going through the wringer, or is it we don't see her at all until that point?

2645397 We don't see her up to that point, but apparently she's been watching from afar... apparently. I think it's a little plot hole.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Ok it sounds like we are in a similar situation to a Fallout Equestria that got requested to be added. While it had Celestia has one of the most important characters in the overall plot she never really appeared outside of a few scenes.

Would this story (one of mine) be considered an acceptable addition to the group?

Celestia plays a fairly important role, and is seen and mentioned in various scenes and chapters. I wonder if her scene time is good enough to qualify, though.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

It has been added to our sister group so that is a good start, and since she is on the cover I'm guessing she is important to the story. Now how is the human character treated by her or Equestria?

The 'humanoid' character, in question, is treated as a special guest. The Equestrian's lore on ancient tribes denote that regular humans could not use magic on a normal basis. With the discovery of magical energy within him, it brings out her 'motherly' self, welcoming him and giving him a chance to recover from his long voyage. She sees him as a valuable asset as she gets to know more about him-- she becomes easily acquainted with him, as she learns that both societies share similar traits.

In short, the more she learns about him, she begins to treat him like any other citizen of Equestria.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

And the romance tag?

The romance part is more geared towards Luna than Celestia.

I've got a story that may or may not fit the group. In Nightmare Night, Recanted, Celestia is shown a thousand years back in the original Nightmare Night. Her heart is in the right place, but she has a modest arrogant streak that contributes to Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon.

I proofed the story, so ill stand by it. Celestia in the story is mortal and makes a mistake.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 91