Spitfire 1,118 members · 605 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
ObsidianPony
Group Contributor

Was curious to see what people think on those two parts of best pegasus; how old do you think Spitfire is and what kind of background do you think she came from/where she lived.

Personally I have Spitfire as being in her late 30s and having come from Fillydelphia and quite a rough background.

I personally find Spitfire to be rather young, maybe 22-25. I imagine that she came from Cloudsdale and was born to a middle class family. She was also bullied a lot as a filly, as she was shy and socially awkward. She'd get all sorts of mean names tossed at her by the bullies in her school. This caused her to develop an inferiority complex, as she began doubting herself, even as her excellent grades in school and athletic performances suggested otherwise.

Spitfire would usually read a book, whether an epic tale or educational, during her free time as a form of escapism. She dreamed of being a hero one day, but she kept believing that they would always be dreams. When her family took her to a Wonderbolts show for her thirteenth birthday, she knew what she wanted to do for a career. She wanted to use her abilities to make others happy, maybe even do something heroic. She honed her skills and after years of practice and tryouts, she managed to join the team and helped them achieve success after success.

However, when her first failure at the Best Young Fliers Competition happened, old wounds were reopened, and her inferiority complex came back, more serious than before. She pretends to have a confident, strict attitude to hide her feelings and her escapism remains a secret to the other Wonderbolts. Tragically, everypony would still like her, maybe even more, if she stopped hiding her worries and was herself.

Okay, maybe I got carried away describing her background. It's a strange headcanon I have. :twilightsheepish:

I tend to put her in the low thirties, and actually imagine her as being born in Canterlot, living there to her pre-teens, then moving to Cloudsdale where she remained. A background like that would reinforce her confidence and talent, which would have come from Canterlot and Cloudsdale respectively. Plus, one doesn't become Captain of a world-renowned elite squad of pegasi without a good, strong presence in the capital. I could go on.

SolidFire
Group Admin

Personally, I've always seen Spitfire as around the age of 23. About 22-26 or so. She's part of an elite group of athletes centered around speed and agility, both of which decrease with age. I also see her as being the youngest captain in history. To me, the most senior members of the 'Bolts are in their late thirties. I see her as being from Cloudsdale, born into something of a middle class family. I personally like to think that she had a sister that she looked up to.

I feel like Spitfire had a fairly normal time growing up. Not being bullied, but not standing out in class all that much either. I would like to go on, but I can't quite gather my thoughts in the way I'd like to for this. Oh well, it was nice to read some of the other responses.

~SolidFire

I think the's around 30 because she was already a wonderbolt in Dash' teenage years.
And for her backstory? No idea actually.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7