OC Adventure 268 members · 409 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

So i have a story idea that I want to pursue but i need to develop a oc for it. Now usually this is easy for me but i need some inspiration so i am going to ask you some questions.

So the oc will end up being celestia's child. NO it will not be an alicorn and it isn't for some heir thing celestia is going to adopt a foal.

#1: should the oc be a baby foal or should it be more around 5-9 yr's old?

#2: should it be a male or female

#3: What race should it be? Unicorn, pegusi, earth pony or bat pony. ( no griffins,dragons or zebra's. this is because I don't know a lot about them)

#4: what should it's special talent be? (it doesn't have to be fancy, and it shouldn't be strongly related to the sun.)

When answering these questions please think of what would make for the funniest ordeals that I can put the dear monarch of the day through :trollestia:

oop

I actually wrote a story very similar along these lines, it was Luna's son and he was a pegasus pony so as far as character development, you can check out my fic Light and Shadow for tips.

But for this character I can provide a little insight. OCs are hard to work with, as I'm well aware, but there are some things you can do to help the situation. Firstly the typical audience will prefer a female protagonist, for a variety of reasons. Some think its a pleasant change, some are glad for the feminist perspective, some are just perverts, but overall most people will like to read about a female character more. Younger kids are good, but in all honesty, avoid the baby foal idea. It usually sounds pretty good at first, but there's a distinct lack of dialogue or ability to change the story that naturally follows it, so try for the 5-9. Unicorns are the most popularly written race but pegasi are the most read race, so those are good things to keep in mind. I would honestly go for a bat pony though, since they're more of a novelty and likely to pull in some attention. Earth ponies are to be avoided for a main protagonist as they better serve the role of supporting character (AJ is best background pony *distant chuckling* ). Also, try to remember that Celestia would probably have more humorous interactions with a pegasus, as she has less in common with one, or even moreso a bat pony as they tend to embody her sister's aspect.

Whatever way you choose to write this, it sounds like a good idea, and I'd love to see where you go with it. Link me up to the story once it's posted, I want to read it :pinkiesmile: Hope I helped!
-CC

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2