Twilestia is Bestia 3,277 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Varanus
Group Admin

Heya guys! Varanus here!

Vimbert, the group's creator, recently made me an admin, since he's fairly busy with IRL stuff at the moment. I had a few ideas for the group, aethetic stuff mainly. An intro to the group on the main page, some kind of Twilestia art, that sort of thing.

What I also wanted to do was post up a sort of top-5 Twilestia fics (shipping or otherwise) onto the main page, so that anyone new to the group would be able to instantly see the best of the batch.

That's where you come in. I need you to vote on your top 5 Twilestia fics so we can see the most popular and put them in the featured folder. I want this to be democratic, mainly because I'm a Twilestia author myself and I'd feel bad putting Composure there without majority agreement, even if I do think it deserves a place.

Any other suggestions for the group, feel free to drop them in here. Looking forward to hearing them!

I dunno, can we put Composure in yet? What if Chapter 5 ruins everything forever? :trollestia:

Off the top of my head I'd say Composure, Much Ahoof About Nothing, Sunset Looms and Four of Two. MAybe Where the Mind Wanders / Where the Mind Roams as well?

Varanus
Group Admin

Doesn't have to be shipping, by the way. I'm hoping to see some suggestions featured in 'other'.

1) Darkest Before Dawn - Get a boost from the lack of other stories about Twilight's time as Celestia's student. More of this needs to be encouraged.

2 & 3) Composure & Eternal - Listed aphebetically.

4) Much Ahoof About Nothing - Why does this have a 3.9 rating (last I checked) on EqD?

5) Athanasia - Not really far enough to truely tell, but it is better than some others so far and Celestia does not often get to adventure with Twilight.

285430 I second the first four, having read them myself. The fifth one is unknown to me I'll likely check it out.

Composure for damn sure, Much Ahoof About Nothing, A Candle to the Sun (for a non-Ship one)....

I'm not sure about the others, maybe Between Day and Night, and Duties

Composure is the only one I'll vote for, though I see it's not necessary.

Butterscotch's works get starbombed on EqD. EqD's star ratings mean relatively little with shipping stories these days, since a lot of them get starbombed.

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

I didn't actually care for Much Ahoof myself, but a big part of that was that I got blindsided by the sudden shipping of my two least favorite mane cast members when I was promised some delicious, delicious Twilestia.

285417 I'll just vote for the Where the Mind stories, to avoid a shameless self-plug.

Seems like lots of groups are doing votes this week. Is it election season already?

I would definitely agree with 2, 3, 4 and 5. Darkest Before Dawn... I have read it, but it didn't resonate with me.

Where the Mind stories? I will give Cloperella those, they are top notch for that category. Though Four of Two is getting close as well.

I'm not sure I can suggest five. That's a sizeable amount of the fics that have been published at all.

Still.

1: Composure is a given.
2: Eternal as well.

After that it gets harder.

3: "Interference" would be worth it.
4: "Miss Sparkle Goes to Canterlot" I rather like this one. Fon just needs to get back to updating it :).

And finally...
Gosh this is hard. If you're going to add something from the clop section, which certainly isn't for everyone, then I'd suggest the one where Twilight accidental sends her, err, fanfic to Celestia. Can't remember the name right now, and can't check either. (Where the Mind Roams? Was that it?)

But if we keep it clean...
It's a tie between "A Princess and a Potion, a Curse and a Cure" and "Sunset Looms".

Most others are, in my rather critical opinion, fairly mediocre. That includes Much Ahoof. It's a decent story, but nothing that makes it particularly compelling other than the Twilestia bit, and far from Butterscotchs best work.

An Unimpressive
Group Admin

I'd... prefer it if we didn't feature clop, but honestly I just started this group on a lark, so whatever you guys want to show our best face would work.

(By the way, I'm not voting because I've sadly been too busy to keep up with all these stories in the group.)

Works with me.

Mind you, stories of that nature is literally invisible unless you've ticked in the "mature" box. So if someone looked and they don't like such stories, they wouldn't be seen.

(I tend to visit this website while at work. It's really flawless, so far I've seen, haha.)

Varanus
Group Admin

285788 285790
I'm with Vimbert. I've got nothing against clop, but if people want to find it, the folder is right there.

What I had in mind was more of an immediate showcase of the best, most varied Twilestia fics we have to offer.

Varanus
Group Admin

Alright, so I finally got around to adjusting the front page. If anyone has any suggestions for the text, or images, feel free to let me know.

1. Composure
2. Tears of a Goddess
3. Sunset Looms
4. Distorted Perspective:
5. Eternal
:trollestia::twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16