Twilestia is Bestia 3,275 members · 956 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

As we roll into Season 7 of MLP, it sounds like Twilight and Celestia may get some screen time together. I think the platonic relationship (as opposed to ‘ship) between these two has a lot of fascinating story possibilities, even in the canon show.

- What direction do you think the show should take their relationship in?
- Should Celestia’s situation change so it would be easier to involve her in stories?
- How involved should Twilight be in ‘princess stories’ vs. ‘slice of life’ or 'adventure' stories?
- Does being more involved in the duties of being a princess make it harder to write stories where Twilight is engaged in ‘slice of life’ episodes with the rest of the Mane 6 or ‘adventure’ episodes where she journeys far and wide? If yes, are there ways to fix that, or should the issue be addressed?

I read once about someone teaching English in a Japanese school, showing the students Magical Mystery Cure, and then asking them what it was about. One interpretation was that Celestia had ascended Twilight to be her successor. (I wish I could remember where I read that story so I could credit the author!)

Having Twilight begin the journey toward being Celestia's successor would be a massive change in canon. However, we have to remember that the show has made some changes to canon that seemed to be pretty massive at the time, including:

- Adding Princess Cadance (there’s a third alicorn?) and Shining Armor (Twilight has a brother?)
- Twilight becoming an alicorn (what does being an alicorn even mean?)
- Discord being free and befriending Fluttershy
- The Mane 6 giving up the Elements of Harmony
- Adding the Equestria Girls universe
- Twilight losing the library and gaining the castle
- Starlight becoming Twilight’s student and moving into the castle
- Adding Flurry Heart (the first naturally born alicorn)
- Reforming the Changelings (Chrysalis excluded)

So massive change is possible in the show. What do you think the next massive change in canon will be?

P.S. I’ve been thinking about all this because I have a new story called “Teatime - A Novel Of Twilight & Celestia” - a story from Twilight’s point of view about her evolving relationship with the pony who’s had the most impact on her life, Celestia. I look forward to seeing what the community on FimFiction thinks about it. Because once a story is published, the writer loses sole control over what it means; that responsibility is jointly taken up by the author and the readers.

During the first season I got the feeling Twilight and Celestia were closer* than they ended up being portrayed in later seasons somehow. Like she seemed more intimidated by Celestia's station as time when on and it didn't make sense to me. Celestia may love the others too but her relationship with Twilight is special, and to me that aspect got pushed aside as Twilight's duties piled up and major events kept happening.

I'd like to see something like them having some down time, with Celestia perhaps explaining moments of uncertainty she had when she was a young ruler alongside Luna. That would showcase the deep trust we know is there and could allow for some world building too. And if Luna herself is involved in these interactions to some degree, I'm alright with that too since Twilight and her friends' actions enabled them to share such moments together in the first place.

I want them to have interactions with a warmer tone again. I don't like this apparent distance, this formality and coldness. Outside of family--and I include Spike in that category--Celestia could be considered Twilight's first friend. I just want to see more of that friendship.

*I meant this in a platonic sense

The show has barely acknowledged her status as Princess. She couldn't get a taxi in Manehattan and felt free to stuff her maw with hayburgers. She doesn't have any servants or guards besides Spike and still engages in brawls and fights all on her own. The canon writers haven't had any trouble continuing to throw Slice of Life and Adventure at her.

I'd like to see something like them having some down time, with Celestia perhaps explaining moments of uncertainty she had when she was a young ruler alongside Luna. That would showcase the deep trust we know is there and could allow for some world building too. And if Luna herself is involved in these interactions to some degree, I'm alright with that too since Twilight and her friends' actions enabled them to share such moments together in the first place.

This is exactly the kind of "Celestia Episode" I'd like to see.

This is exactly the kind of "Celestia Episode" I'd like to see.

We can dream. So far, the "Celestia Episode" has been more mythical than any of the ponies in the show.

I just watched the first episode of the new season.
Be honest guys! Is it just me? Am I dilusional or was there a LOT of sexual tension between Twi and Celly?
Be honest! "There is no wrong way to fantasize!" She might as well have said "About you, me and a lot of whipped cream..."

So far, the "Celestia Episode" has been more mythical than any of the ponies in the show.

About that... :trollestia:

I do love Twilestia, so I can't say I disagree XD

The shipping has needed this kind of new fuel for so many seasons!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6