Queen Chrysalis's Changeling Swarm 3,967 members · 2,759 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I need help with coming up with a name for the mane cherter of a fic i wont to do he is a changeling prince

5078330 I think he means "character".

And by the way, I'm not helping you unless you can prove you've got an editor working for you and/or you are capable of spelling. A crapfic delayed is a crapfic bettered, in my humble opinion.

5078362 i hve to do it on my xbox1 but i will need. a editor

5078451 I'm not available. I do, however, wish you luck in your search for someone to grant you the powers of grammar.

For some reason the name Thorn came to mind :derpytongue2:

My suggestion would be to look up species/genus classifications for various insect types. This works especially well if you include traits from that species in the changeling's description.

5078473 i mlike that name i might go with it

I suggest Prince Speeling Chaek.

I don't mean to be harsh, but... There's no way you're going to find an editor willing to spend hours (days?) repairing that kind of grammatical aptitude. The only advice I can offer is to let you know that writing is a process which begins with a sound understanding of the English language and its usage. You should get yourself to the point where you make only a minimal amount of technical errors before asking for an editor. Once you're at that point, then you can think about actually writing a story.

then you can think about actually writing a story.

A good story, at least.
In fact, having functional English skills would probably put him in the top thirty-percent of fic authors on this site. :trollestia:

Touché

I suppose it's worth noting that writing is a broad spectrum of skill. A complete novice can appear to offer expert assistance to some people. That doesn't mean the story will be bearable to read, of course.

5078328 how about Prince Spelling Check

I already suggested that!

Though, now that I think about it...what about a changeling story that is essentially the part out of Charlotte's Web where Charlotte writes stuff in her web, but with a changeling that has a hard-on for correct spelling and grammar usage? That would be hilarious.

Not exactly the idea you were contemplating, but I found this too amusing not to write out.

(EDIT: An updated version has now been posted to my short story collection.)

"Charlotte," Applejack trotted in and said, "we need ta talk."

The changeling queen leaned back on her throne, twirled a holey appendage through her mane, and smiled. "Yes?"

Applejack wasn't smiling. "About the message ya left."

"Oh, good," Charlotte purred, then glanced up at AJ's expression and tilted her head. "… Is there a problem? I thought it was a straightforward request."

One of Applejack's eyebrow arched up. "Request? We sent Bessie to ya for the weekly hive tribute, and ya left her hanging in one of them goop pods on the side of my barn!"

"Yes," Charlotte said, examining her hooftip, "that I did."

AJ pointed an accusatory hoof. "She's been curled up sobbin' in her stall for the past 24 hours, eatin' tub after tub of ice cream!"

Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Oh, don't let her be such a drama queen. She should already be recovered. It's not like I sucked her emotions dry."

"The goop-splatter letters ya painted called her 'SOME PIG'!" Applejack threw her hooves wide. "Now every doggone animal in the barnyard's teasin' her about her weight!"

"I wait wha WHAT?" Charlotte bolted upright, her full attention on Applejack. "I most certainly did not!"

Applejack nearly flung a photo at the queen. "Don't you lie! I got evidence!"

Charlotte snatched it out of the air in her horngrip, scrutinizing the picture and frowning. "Why are the shutters on the second-story window open?"

"Huh?" Applejack said. "Apple Bloom was airing out the barn this mornin', but don't you change the subject —"

"I'm NOT!" Charlotte yelled, flinging the photo down. "The message was TWO LINES! The top line across the shutters said 'I WANT', as in, 'I WANT SOME PIG!' I'm trying to go on a diet and their love isn't nearly as fattening as cattle!"

"Oh," Applejack said, and then, "oh."

"Oh what?"

"Oh," Applejack said, "as in, 'maybe I'd better go explain that to the cattle mob outside.'"

No...not what I was contemplating. But that said, I'll take it.

Good show, ol' bean!

5078804 XD I know what you mean

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18