Transformations 5,794 members · 5,230 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hello transformation fans! Hope our American ponies enjoyed their Thanksgiving, and welcome everyone to December. The votes have been calculated and our sponsors have picked their Honorable Mentions.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated. We saw several fun ideas from our entrants, helping to grow a relatively under-represented genre of TF. Whether you won or lost, I encourage all the authors to officially publish their stories on Fimfiction, and anyone who hasn't yet to read them.

Now, without further ado, our top five voted stories:

1st Place: Finding Her Wings by Starscribe
2nd Place: Research by Damaged
3rd Place: New Dawn by Split Flow
4th Place: Double Take by Syke Jr
5th Place: A Minor Bout of Lunacy by MSPiper

Congratulations to you all! Please send me a PM with your PayPal information so I can send you your prize.

In addition to the winners above, the sponsors have picked their favorites of the remaining entries as Honorable Mentions to receive a prize.

Canary In The Coal Mine's Honorary Mention: Nightmare on Two Feet by FanOfMostEverything
Sparktail's Honorary Mention: Autumn Scarlet by IgnitedSage
Two Bit's Honorary Mention: When in Rome by Timelugia

Again, congratulations and please send me a PM with PayPal information to receive your prize.

Once again, thank you to everyone who participated. If you'd like to read the entries, you can find them here.

Congratulations to all the entrants, I enjoyed every story submitted to the contest. Actually limiting my own votes to just three entries was very hard to do with all the competition. I wish I could have named several honorable mentions, since I could say good things about almost every story, and think a number of them could be excellent stories if expanded or rewritten a bit with a different direction or just polished a bit. I was quite a fan of Lovestar, for instance, and felt it could have done a lot more with the premise, especially since it was just one of two entrants set on Earth, and with a changeling POV too.

Thanks for running the contest! I admit, I was a little... unsure of the topic at first, but as I ran through ideas I eventually settled on How Strange Bipedalism Would Be, and thought why not compare it to a monstrous and alien form like timberwolf, just to show how utterly strange it is.

The only thing that still had me unsure and a little off my game was the length restriction, but I can certainly understand not wanting people to write huge and voluminous pieces that would take days to read. That said, I am working to extend my story out to reflect how I'd have liked it to be in the first place, and you can look forward to me adding that to the group as soon as I'm done putting poor Lyra through the wringer some more.

Hope to be writing yet more transformation works for you all soon!

—Damaged

Honestly, even hitting HM was better than I hoped. I got the idea on the first of November and went pedal to the metal to get something out in time (and, of course, then the deadline got extended. :derpytongue2:) But I liked the idea enough to pursue it, even if I couldn't fully shed the specter of Equestria Girls. That probably hurt me in the judging, but I enjoy working with the canon parallel universe too much for my muse to cooperate along other lines.

Thanks again for putting this together. TF stories aren't my usual forte; this was a fun chance to branch out.

An update!

Research has now been published on here, complete with some great coverart of Lyra doing a magic and with the extra words I would have put in had the wordcount limit been just a skosh higher.

So, I give you:

TResearch
Lyra Heartstrings is a brilliant spell-caster and spell-crafter, and remains one of Princess Celestia's first choices for research into complicated magics. Will she be able to study her latest assignment objectively?
Damaged · 9.9k words  ·  64  8 · 1.2k views

And at very long last, I've finally had the chance to do an editing pass over my entry and submit it for moderation & publication (under a new title, which might not be better but should at least be less inapt). Is there a folder for contest entries and/or an official bookshelf I need to submit it to?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6