Transformations 5,820 members · 5,266 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I have this idea for a fic where a portion of the earth's population wake up one day as ponies. I know this isn't a unique idea; I've seen a least two with the same general idea. The only problem is that I cant think of a reason for why they change and I could use some ideas. Please, no TCB ones. Any help would be greatly apperciated:twilightsmile:

912015 Well, there are always a few things you could use. Discord always work easily, but you can always say it's Celestia and Luna, Elements of Harmony, freak mad scientist experiment gone freaky and mad, a magical solar storm, dimension clash, a cult of bronies and their magical rituals, Pinkie Pie, etc.

But hey, the first question you must ask yourself is why is this important? Are the main characters looking for a way to reverse it? Is it spreading? If for some unlikely reason this isn't a concern, well, maybe the explanation isn't needed either. It all depends on what is the point of your story. Heck, if the story is how to adjust to a sudden change like that, readers might not need to know the source of the change, just how it affects the characters. (but yeah, YOU as the author, should have at least an idea as to why)

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

1. A misheard wish.
2. A magical pony virus that existed because of something that happened in Equestria or a pony visited Earth and then leave as soon as she came (basically a teleporting mishap)
3. A Villain from Equestria's dimension that wants to eat some ponies or enslave them but finds the local populace too hard to handle so decides to turn other creatures into ponies that have no knowledge of what they normally do because they're not native of that world, therefore making them easy prey.
4. A scientist's mishap caused it.
5. If MLP:FIM is here as a cartoon: someone wanted to bring them to life using science or magic but only did this instead.
6. A magical creature in Earth wanted to make MLP:FIM ponies real.

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

You got to reply to someone in forums so they can see your message. It's different from when someone makes a blog or story here in this site.

912091 Right. Completely forgot that. Thanks.

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

You're welcome.

That's most of them.
Note that Franz Kafka never explicitly stated why the protagonist of The Metamorphosis turned into an insect. Often, the things the mind uses to fill the gaps left in the story are more horrific and personal than a writer could convey. If there is no cause, then the protagonist was truly powerless to stop it.

912067>>912083

thanks for the ideas:ajsmug:

I think ill go with the 'We have no idea' idea

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

One I've used in a furry story is the "Critical Mass" effect, where one more person converting to the fandom hit the tipping point in numbers where their shared belief overcame reality.
Once the first one or two change, well seeing is believing and the change spreads like wildfire.

I could also see an alicorn filly on the scale of a young Celestia finding earth and is appauled at how sad and violent Earth is. "They are all so sad! I know what will make them happy!" and sets out to accomplish her WISH...

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

Here's an idea, one I'd never use, but you can go ahead and have it:
In truth, all humanity is descended from ponies. A small group of them back what we think of as the early Neolithic were transformed into them.

Now, something has awakened and it's flipping on their hidden magic, in the process turning them into ponies overnight.

912015 how about the sonic rainboom affects humans and Equestria is somewhere near earth?

912268 Some brony cult that has been working for years underground to find a way to send the world into true happiness. Ok so that's the what. Now the how.

I guess it would have to be black magic or Discord.

For science (as a story concept) i just thought of something funny.
For years humanity has been eating Skittles, but what happens when they add a secret new ingredient? People wake up with more colour than usual.:rainbowwild: Maybe not with rainbow mane, but just as ponies. :scootangel:

DDRMASTERM
Group Contributor

912419 I almost want to see that fic and that Filly Celestia Idea sounds like TCB: Hyper Filly Edition. As for Ideas, I think it's already been well covered in this thread, I don't need to add anything else.

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

Sounds Like I'd better check out TCB then. I've been reading my way through the stacks and havent got there yet :twilightblush:
The story I mentioned is old enough to need a full rewrite now, like one from the same year I just remembered, where an alien avante-garde performance artist (the kind of artist that, on Earth, surrounds islands with orange plastic and other wierd things) takes it upon himself to IMPROVE the locals of any inhabited planet he finds. I can imagine looking on his view screen at Earth... "Oh my dears...the colors! Too bland, too limited! and those eyes? too small. no, no no... (watches a brony watching MLP) *GASP!* they need... PONIES! Yes! Ponies! Andre! Warm up the nano-probe launchers! Have I got a DOOZY!

DDRMASTERM
Group Contributor

916727 I was making a joke. Sadly TCB: Hyper Filly edition does not exist (that I know of):fluttercry: and TCB stories tend to be quite misanthropic but it does usually involve Celestia being part of the plan to turn humans into ponies.

And your story sounds bizarre:applejackconfused:but might be interesting.

I plan on making it a first person fic set partially in my home town of maypearl texas

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18