Transformations 5,820 members · 5,266 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Ether Echoes
Group Admin

BentheBrony:
Your group, 'Transformations', has a folder that deals with the metamorphosis of a pony into a changeling. This folder is the property of the group 'X becomes a Changeling', as it is a group that deals with the metamorphosis of a pony into a changeling. This folder draws membership away from our group. Please delete this folder immediately.
Sincerely,
Benjamin Cakir

Now, no one start harassing this guy or that group, I expressly forbid it.

I don't think i need to say why this demand is ridiculous, of course. I'm very curious to know where they think they have the right to claim a folder as their property and under what rule or law they are claiming it under. What precisely do they plan to do when we refuse?

You know the funny thing? Our group predates theirs by months. If anyone should be complaining, it should be us. Of course, I have no intention of being so petty and controlling.

I'm up for taking suggestions on how to respond. Flippancy is the most natural response of course, but isn't terribly mature.

Ignore them, and block him.

No more necessary.

Respond thusly:

Show me a legal document saying you have exclusive rights to organize My Little Pony fan-fictions which deal with a pony being transformed into a changeling. Have it signed by both Hasbro and knighty.

If they try, they'll either be laughed at, sued, or ignored as knighty searches desperately for more Rainbow Dash X Twilight fictions.

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

Words fail me at the depths of fail involved...:derpyderp1:
Although you might want to pass a pre-emptive quiery up the chain toward knightly in case he tries the squeaky-wheel routine...

Tell'em "first come, first serve" and then tell them that, if anything, they should delete their group :trollestia:

Your group, 'X becomes a Changeling', deals with the metamorphosis of a pony into a changeling. This is the property of the group 'Transformations', as it is a group that deals with all metamorphosis of a pony including into a changeling. This group draws membership away from our folder. Please delete this group immediately.

Sincerely,

but that's just my random idea. I'm starting to think i should leave that group, this isn't the first thing to make me consider it.

DDRMASTERM
Group Contributor

Let's ignore him. He has no right to say we can't have that folder.

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

Not going to do that because I'm not looking to be banned. ^^;

But I think the proper response is more or less like this: "Can't you just add it to your group as well? Is this folder somehow preventing you to do that or some reason? If not, then there is no way it should really matter and the only reason you're asking me to get rid of it is no different than members of a Yakuza family telling people to back off because it's their tuft."

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

I know she'll (I forgot if the admin is female or not) look back to this thread as usual since she made it but I don't think she'll get your message if you don't reply to her.

Seriously, you should be happy to have your fic be added to as many groups as possible.

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

I have elected to submit this matter to the moderating staff and let them handle it. This is clear harassment.

Ether Echoes
Group Admin

Also, male. You defaulted to female, you villain :raritydespair:

Red Bomber
Group Contributor

Sorry it's because of your story that made me think that way.

Boss_Hoss1
Group Contributor

Heehee! "Squeaky Wheel gets da KICK!" Love the sound of that... :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16