DC Fanfics 376 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Recently, I've found I want to play a GOOD Superman game (which sadly, don't exist). But How would one go about making a Good Superman game?

Here is my answer:
Make it about being Superman in an open world. Allow the Player to play the way they think Superman should be. You know, access to all powers to a point (spend points to increase the effectiveness of powers or access different tiers in the case of Super breath to unlock Ice Breath).

I mean yes, he should have a Stamina meter. Yet why not use a Solar energy meter as HIS mana meter(as it goes down, powers get weaker or number of uses of certain powers go down)? Why not allow the player to choose to play at original Golden age Supermans' power or Superman with only certain powers? Why not make the suits be both cosmetic and also change his power-set up a bit? Or maybe a story that doesn't have to be played to feel like you are accomplishing something?

Like an Open ended, open world game. With superman.

So How would you guys/gals make a superman game?

Well, right now I'm packing to go to a game design school, so I might get the chance. I'd start with full access to his basic powers. flight, heat vision, freeze breath, super strength and speed. Nobody really cares about anything else, if we're honest. Then I'd make a story focusing on Lex Luthor's attempts at proving Superman is evil. The challenge in the gameplay would be having FULL control of his abilities. as in, at any moment, you can push Superman to his absolute limit. You have to decide how much pressure to put on every situation. Stories for Superman are tough because of how basic the character is, but you could do some good work playing off how even though he's THAT powerful, he isn't ALL powerful. Some interactive cutscenes of likable characters biting it in ways where Supes couldn't possible save them. Add some good voice acting and you've got at least a 7/10 game.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2