DC Fanfics 376 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Alright, Superman: Secret Identity is one of my favorite Superman stories. It's inspired by Superboy-Prime's story, but is basically what if he had a HAPPY ending and went on to become the first superhero of his world.

The thing that separates this story from Prime's is that while Prime is indeed a Kryptonian, the Clark Kent of Superman:Secret Identity is born a human that ends up gaining powers exactly like Superman's, who he doesn't like as being named Clark Kent has made his life a never ending Superman joke. He works in secret, though does dress in a Superman costume for this since he wants to stay a secret and he figures that no one will say they were saved by Superman as he and all other superheroes are fictional as it is in Prime's world and no one would admit to being saved by Superman out of fear they'd get committed.

The story never truly explains where this Clark Kent's powers come from and it's only know that they aren't from a yellow sun as it is with the real Superman.

Anyway, does anyone here think a story like this could work in the context of the FIM universe? Personally I would love to see a version of it, but not as a straight up adaptation.

I could see it playing out like maybe Shining Armor, Caramel, even Time Turner is named after the real name of Superhorse or Supermane or Superpony(Whichever anyone wants to go with) and suddenly gets powers like them.

Super-drake just throwing it out there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3