Badass Twilight = Total Domination 4,264 members · 1,245 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

As always the picture expands when click

Brought to you by Asa Harris for images used contact him
In life there are many who believe that everything is black and white, good or evil. For better or worse, this is not the case. Is someone who steals a loaf of bread to feed his starving family as bad as a rich man who takes the last bit of food from a starving child? Is a general who will kill ten thousand civilians to save over one hundred million lives evil?

This winter contest is dedicated to exploring Twilight as she enters the areas considered to be morally grey, whether she is a thief who wishes she could be good, or a cruel general who will do anything to protect her nation, it matters not. Of course she needs to be a badass.
Authors may enter 1 of 2 categories.

1: Short story
These stories are under 6,000 words and must be completed
2: Story/ Novel
These stories are above 6,000 words and are not required to be complete. Completed length is taken into consideration.

Rules of the competition
1. Twilight must be the main antagonist or protagonist and feature in over 2/3s of the chapters.
2. In order to finish judging as quickly and efficiently as possible you may have your story judged early by contacting me.
3. No changes can be made to the story after 2/11/15 (12:00 A.M. Central 2/12/15 to be exact.)
4. You must advertise the contest, a link the description would suffice.

Theme
The theme of this contest is simply morally grey. Twilight must be the in the morally grey area.

Prizes
AA game from Steam or Origin worth 20$ or less - Pleaseworkforonce
BNice Review or a Regular Review on Contest Story-Hopeless Appraisal
CA Nice Review (No matter how bad the story is the review will make you feel good)- Pleaseworkforonce
DAngry Review (Cruel comedy mixed with actual advice for any story 30K) - Pleaseworkforonce
EOC from the artist of this - Muzzled Elk

At the end of the contest each contender will need to post a thread that will be made with a list of the prizes in the order that you want them
For example
1:C
2:D
3:A
4:B
5:E
If a person who chose those comes in first place they will get their first choice. If they come in second, but first place chooses a prize other than their first choice they will still get their first choice. This process continues until there are no prizes left.
(Feel free to donate to the prize pool)

So lets see how our first contest with prizes pulls off.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Feel free to talk you heads off in this forum, just make sure you tag me if you have a question, but the longer this stays at the top of people's feeds the better.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3878587 You can say that again.
Figured 1700 members was as good as a reason as any to post the contest.

Majin Syeekoh

I have a really weird idea for this.

3878583 May we enter a story that is ongoing or does it have to be a new story? thanks,
Crimson

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3878643 New stories only.

This surprises me none

Hmmm...
I might have something in mind...

3878598 Must thou tempt me from my works with challenges such as this!

I wish I was a better faster actual writer. I've got an idea I've been putting together for awhile, but I can't finish it in time for this. oh well.

3878691 What if we have a story, but we are already planning on changing it completely? (Title, description, EVERY WORD OF EVERY CHAPTER changed)

3878626 Have at you, then! I have a feeling this will be fun, competing against such an open-minded writer.

3878691 Alright then, I will not be entering, since I have story that I am currently working on. Good luck to those participating. :twilightsmile:

3878583 I have enough MyCokeRewards points to add a 20 oz. Coca-Cola brand soda to the prize list if you wanted it.

Now I must be off to begin attuning myself to a being of the Plane of Equis.

Ah, the morally grey area. My favorite place to operate.
Can we complete the story first before we advertise the contest? I'd rather finish my story before putting it into the contest this time around since I'm exceptionally bad to wander off and leave a fic only partially done.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3882248 It would be better to advertise from the start, but we don't check until it's time to judge.

Ironically, I just started writing a badass Twilight story that fits the bill before finding out about the contest. Must be destiny :twilightsmile:. Would a Fallout: Equestria story be acceptable?

3878575 I'll promote this contest on my user page in hopes of getting you more contenders.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3891290 I've never read a foe story, but I don't see why not.

3878575 Can the fic be a sequel it if stands on its own legs?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3922458 As long as it can stand on its own.

3878575 Is this still going on?

3940144 Yay. Can I help judge?

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

3940187 Sure, it'll be a couple of days before I can send you the info though.

Pleaseworkforonce
Group Admin

Only three weeks are remaining for the contest.

3878575 How does one submit a story?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30