Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

A while back, I said I'd share the list with you guys, since I'm pretty proud of it. Since I got my first real game in with the deck yesterday, I figured now's as good a time as any to share it, complete with a couple of new additions from Theros: Beyond Death. As a theme deck with a silver-bordered general, it's not even close to the same power level as my other lists, but it did surprisingly well. Who knew random flyers could be so effective?

Anyway, essentially every spell I've included represents something Twilight would do/cast, an item she owns, or a friend she would call upon for aid. See if you can figure out who's who, it'll be fun. No prizes for guessing everything, save the satisfaction inherent in being right. I've omitted the manabase, since it's pretty standard fare. Behold:

Arashin Sovereign
Arcane Encyclopedia
Archmage's Charm
Archon of Sun's Grace
Aven of Enduring Hope
Balloon Peddler
Banishing Light
Beast Whisperer
Beloved Princess
Boreal Charger
Careful Study
Collective Effort
Compulsive Research
Concordia Pegasus
Daring Archeologist
Diligent Farmhand
Dismiss
Domri, Chaos Bringer
Dusk // Dawn
Earth-Origin Yak
Echoes of the Kin Tree
Entrancing Melody
Expedition Map
Gadwick, the Wizened
Game Plan
Generous Gift
Griffin Sentinel
Herdchaser Dragon
Index
Inspiring Unicorn
Jace's Archivist
Lonesome Unicorn
Lord of Illusion
Loyal Pegasus
Loyal Unicorn
Master Apothecary
Mistfire Weaver
Momentary Blink
Morophon, the Boundless
Mothdust Changeling
Negate
Nightmare Moon
Ordinary Pony
Palace Familiar
Plated Pegasus
Pore over the Pages
Rarity
Ray of Revelation
Research Assistant
Sacred Mesa
Seal Away
Shield Mare
Sphere of Safety
Spirit Mantle
Stonehoof Chieftan
Storm Herd
Swords to Plowshares
Tome of Legends
Triad of Fates
Wavebreak Hippocamp

I love most of these, but Domri feels like a poor fit for Discord. He's more "angry teen anarchist" than "avatar of chaos." Perplexing Chimera or the obvious choice feel like better fits to me.

Still, again, awesome stuff.

Mainly, the idea was that he has Chaos Bringer as his title, and I already had a copy sitting in my binder. Perplexing Chimera is a great idea that did not occur to me, though, I have a foil copy in one of my other decks I could easily just move over. Taking another look, Sower of Discord also would be fun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3