Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hey Party ponies. Just wanted to see if anybody plays Magic Online (MTGO) My Username is TeamCancel (no, I'm not a big control fan lol).

717658 I have a MTGO account, that I haven't used in forever, but I do have one. I'm DsIsmaru there as well.

Question: MTGO still cost something?

The account is ten dollars, though this price is pennies compared to the amount of money you're going to spend if you want to play anything competitive, magic is a relatively expensive hobby. There are other free alternatives out there, but I prefer the automatic rule enforcement that MTGO provides. On the positive side, cards on MTGO are 80% of the time cheaper than their real-life alternatives.

The fact that magic is expensive, i already know. I played for six years now.
So how do you buy cards there?
Because i don't want to buy booster from scratch again, since i have a legions birg themed deck.

Wizards only sells product boosters and such, but on MTGO they also sell Event Tickets ( 1 ticket = 1 dollar ), any event that you would play in for prize costs an amount of event tickets. So in order to buy specific cards, you have to use the trading system MTGO has to trade with people or bots that are scripted to sell/buy/trade using this tix as currency. But since you can't break tickets into smaller units of currency, leftover change ( say the card you bought was worth 3.50 tix ) will be stored in the bot for a later date. There are some websites that will search bots for the cards you want so you can try to get the best price.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6