Spike Fanfictions 2,960 members · 5,599 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Hello everyone. I am in need of a oc that I need for a story. Would anyone like to create a kobold that will appear your characters will be credited of course. I just need about 3. If your need any help. Free free to DM me.

Can you not make one yourself or why do you need others?

Depends on if we're talking about a European Kobold (Lizardfolk) , or a Japanese Kobold (Dogfolk/Diamond Dogs).

In both senses I have a somewhat interesting answer to it.

In the work I've been toiling away with, a Kobold is seen as a derogatory term for Dragonkind which roughly translates to "Non-Dragonkin Fool" and is seen as an insult in lands dominated by the current "Might-Makes-Right" Philosophy of Dragons Post-Scales. However, this term is embraced as a badge of great honor by The Onewa Reformists: a section of Dragons all said to descend from Onewa the Philosopher, the Dragon Lord who wanted to rewrite Dragon Culture to embrace a change in order to become a part of The Great Tapestry of Life and serve to contribute to the world and its other races, a feat of change that would have been possible until Scales made a move to not only steal the Dragon Scepter from Dragon Lord Onewa; but also to butcher and kill many of the Dragon Thanes that were in-attendance, with only three of these Thanes escaping the massacre while carrying away a clutch of Dragon Lord Onewas' Eggs to try continuing Onewas' noble work at a later date.

After having seized power and securing her position as Dragon Lord, Scales started one of the most brutal campaigns of subjugation and genocide of the other unaligned Dragon Thanes to secure her position as the sole ruler of Dragonkind with the intent to punish "The Escaped Experiments" of her creators for daring to start an unauthorized culture and civilization in the first place. Scales reign was so brutal through her usage of Necromancy to twist and manipulate the souls of her victims: with one of her favorite past times being the tormenting and breaking of her victims' minds before stitching them all together and cramming them into a pile of stone and rocks to create Golem soldiers which would become known as "Scale Collectors" in the modern day. It was fortunate that after Scales was eventually felled by another Dragon who would become a new Dragon Lord, many and all of Scales influence and torments would be destroyed and outlawed by Dragonkind, however; there would be no sense of culture or greater peace for Dragonkind, the proposed ideal future originally envisioned by Dragon Lord Onewa now but a fleeting memory as Dragonkind instead continued to quarrel and bicker amongst themselves for power and prestige again.

Yet, the legacy and knowledge of Onewa would endure through the two Dragon Thanes and the clutch of Onewas' offspring, and through an equally-unlikely source from 561 years before the return of Nightmare Moon: where a young Crystal Pony Stonemason would win a Dragon Egg in a game of Cards.

But as they say: that, is a story for another day...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3