"Homestuck/My Little Pony" Fans 247 members · 25 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Ive seen a lot of people talk about how the trolls, Karkat, Gamzee, Eriden, ect, are the beta trolls, but make no mistake when they say Jake, roxy Dirk and Jane are all the alpha kids.

I had assumed, due to the fact that Kankri and the others had done the scratch to turn into their respective past selves, :i.e. the sufferer, Summoner, Dolorosa, etc. that would make them the beta trolls wouldn't it? Which would make the alpha trolls the ones who troll the original beta kids.

That is just a thing that I'm confused about, since some people seem to call Karkat's team the beta team.

I've only seen alpha and beta used to refer to the kids' universe specifically, and that referring to the versions of Sburb they install (John's team installs a 'beta release' version of the game, Jane's team an 'alpha release', for anyone reading who doesn't know what I'm talking about).

I'd have to go and look up whether the trolls ever refer to their Sgrub installations that way or not. They don't here, at any rate. I normally think of them as pre- and post-scratch trolls.

4031024 I generally just think of us as 'the trolls from Universe A2', rather than trying to apply alpha and 88ta. Similarly, Meenah was from A1, John was from 81 and J8ke was from 82.

~Vriska Serket

The Universe A1 A2 B1 and B2 thing always confused the hell out of me. Not like the whole comic wasn't confusing but still very well put together and thought out.

4041851 It's really quite simple. A is trolls, B is humans, 1 is pre-scratch, 2 is post-scratch.

~Vriska Serket

Explained simply, makes total sense, when Doc Scratch explains it he makes no sense whatsoever and I want to slap him.

4042506 The A/8 thing actually comes from the MDR that Sollux coded.

I'm f8rly cert8n that DS does that just to mess with you, the reader. Or possi8ly to m8nt8n the Alpha Timeline. One of the two. Don't ask me to think a8out time, at least when I'm Thief of Light instead of M8ge of Time.

~Vriska Serket

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7