Halo and Ponies 947 members · 193 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

What do you know in terms of what a Covenant Carrier holds as forces, munitions, vehicles, and firepower. One hovering over equestria would cause concern but how would you destroy one or disable it?

Covenant Assault Carriers or CAS Carriers are 5 km long, carry tens of thousands of troops, together with thousands of support units and equipment. It can easily deploy several scarabs at once from orbit and is nearly impervious to UNSC weaponry, except for Super MAC cannons.

One carrier is almost enough to solo glass a planet, it would take some time but it can do it. In one short, one CAS carrier carved a glass trench thousands of miles long and easily visible from orbit in the shape of a Forerunner rune, quite casually too.

A CAS carrier over Equestria could destroy all cities on the planet before landing a singke troop if necessary.

I think that the Rainbow power mane 6 could bring one down, or at least severely damage it. Other than that only Discord could take one down.

To have a CAD carrier, you need a reason for the carrier not to fire one Equestria, to give ponies a fighting chance and even then there will be many pony deaths

I plan to have Equestria be built on ruins of Forerunner tech.

While not a bad reason, its been done to death. Equestria is a land of magic, mystery and super natural things that drive all other races crazy. Certainly a more unique reason to not automatically glass Equestria can be found.

Unique signatures not of Forerunner origin. Equestria obvious technological backwardness and underestimating the cute looking equines. Celestial and Luna as a detente, that leaves them weakened.

As I said Equestria is unique and doesn't need the forerunners to become amazing in sci-fi environments.

You could also use the wiki. They normally give pretty accurate descriptions.

That is true, maybe instead of glassing they want to conform them to become a part of the conenant.

Couldn't get on wiki due to work restrictions.

You can have Celestia use her powers to cause a solar flare. While the magnetosphere would protect the planet, the shields of the carrier would be drained by the solar particles. Once the ship is vulnerable, Luna can use her magic to attract a few meteors from space and use them to hit the hull.

I would think that wouldn't work only because as a space faring ship it would be resistant to sun particles and magnetic forces as well the defences would make light work against meteors. Now if we have the same amount of power Twilight had in season 4 finale that would overcome the sheilds.

7F

If Elite shipmaster is smart and competent enough then is there chance that the carrier execute micro slip-space translation to evade attack of alicorns. I don't know solar flares how powerful but Luna's meteor thing is can be blocked with Pulse laser batteries and plasma torpedo

I am sick of cliché near always same plot : covernant attacked without reason- allied with human - suicide mission - end so i trying to make out how our protagonist carrier and shipmaster survived from totally magical attacks of equestria .

i have to figure out a way to take care of one that is damaged

Not true. Their shields may be powerful, but they can't withstand the constant bombardment of radiations and particles caused by a solar storm. We know this because in the book Halo: Shadow of Intent a San'Shyuum Prelate uses this strategy to drain the shields of Rtas 'Vadum's ship.
As for the meteors, well, their effectiveness would depends from the element of surprise and their numbers, I guess.

Unless the alicorns are attacking the ship in space, the Covenant wouldn't be able to perform what you called 'micro' slipspace jumps, both because they don't know how to do it in atmosphere (Halo 2 is an exception), but also because slipspace is used to travel long distances or at least thousands of kilometers, not for something as frequent and short ranged as required in the case of evasive maneuvers.

But I agree with you that that's a cliché we've see too many times.

well i dont want it to end so easily soooo im saying it dont work in this context :P

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12