The Writers' Group 9,303 members · 56,564 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Hello everyone I’m new to fimfic and just made a account to write my own story i already had a chapter done and fixing up the second chapter I was just wondering how long does it normally take for a new story to be approved I been waiting for a few days if anyone has s answer I much appreciate I just hope people will like my story since this is first time writing for Mlp:ajsmug:

When you’re going through the moderation queue it can take up to a few days. Long as it’s properly submitted, you’ll know whether it gets approved or denied.

Ah thanks is good to know I will keep that mind if i ever decide to make more stuff 👍

It can take anywhere from a few days to maybe two weeks.

Welcome to FIMfiction! 👍

Thx for the welcome I hope you will like my story once it comes out!

were they welcoming?

a few days, or a few weeks

Ah thanks is good to know I will keep that mind if i ever decide to make more stuff 👍

After your first story is approved, you have the option of auto-approval, which takes around ten minutes. Make sure to read all the submission rules (seen in story submission confirmation box or https://www.fimfiction.net/rules#stories) if you choose to use that, e.g. around allowed stories, and ratings such as Everyone/Teen/Mature, tags, etc.

Oh thank you for the information that will come real handy :pinkiehappy:

Goggle Docs can help with general proof reading, but it ruined the format if copy pasted.
Still worth the hassle.

Fimfiction has literally mindblowing story to read for decades on end. If you ever find yourself out of inspiration, there are years of inspirational stories for you to read :raritywink:

Thx I mostly don’t know much about Mlp but the fanfic I been reading are really good! :scootangel:

Fan fiction is usually better than canon.
Like a already mentioned, there is literally worth years non stop reading of mindblowing material in Fimfiction.
I'm here for over a decade, if not for my first list account I be almost everywhere in the community comment section, with good stories. What I have read.
Unfortunately many account got lost over the years.
Fimfetch has many stories like that still saved.

Winter_Solstice
Group Admin

I certainly hope your entire experience writing thus far hasn't been limited to reading fan works, for that will greatly cripple your ability to write effectively. Granted, there are some gems on this site, but there are quite a few duds, filled with errors in spelling, syntax, phrasing, improper tenses, and misuse of said tags. Also granted, many readers don't care about such, they only care if the story is interesting, but too many errors will cause your stories to fail moderation. We're not looking for Shakespeare here, but your stories have to be readable.

You mentioned you don't know much about My Little Pony. That's...going to be a problem. If you don't know the characters or the setting, it will show in your writing, no matter how many fan fics you've read. For example, you cannot portray a white unicorn and have her say, "darling" every other word and expect readers to recognize her as Rarity. If MLP isn't your thing, if you have no real interest in the show or have no investment in the characters, but just want to write about them, then you'll have to put in some time to study the sources beyond a few fan fics.

This fansite isn't super-strict, but we do have standards. I don't want you to become discouraged or disgruntled if you find yourself butting up against them, just try again, and keep writing.

Good luck on your journey.

I'm honestly curious: if you don't know much about MLP, what made you want to write fanfics about it? Usually people who write fanfics about a property do so because they are really into it.

Will I know a little bit of the show I’m not hardcore fan but after reading so many good stories about Mlp I decided to write my own plus it happens i have a lot of free time so I’m gonna to watch more of the show to get a better knowledge of it so I can make the best possible story I can hope that a good enough reason :twilightsmile:

Right, I see. Well, what Winter Solstice said above is definitely good advice, but I wish you well. :twilightsmile:

Also something to keep in mind is to be careful to not rely too much on how characters act in fanfics when you're writing them yourself. Their characterization is often decent, if not good or even amazing, but it can be all over the place here and character exaggerations are quite common. Often it's just for comedy, but sometimes it isn't.

For example, some stories have Twilight go from a calm, sensible (most of the time) but stress-prone mare in canon, to a far more unstable mare who, especially if you're a human in Equestria, you should try to avoid at all costs.:rainbowlaugh:

Thank you for your input my Story actually a pokemon x Mlp we’re a Sylveon get send there so hope you like it once it comes out :twilightsmile:

Mancin #20 · 2 weeks ago · · 1 ·

Unless you're a phenomenal writer (and I'm not getting that impression from all the spelling and syntax errors you've already made), I'd prepare myself for disappointment once you publish this story of yours. By your own admission, it isn't even fan fiction, as you're not a fan of MLP, but a tertiary observer. With the exception of a few commenters, I really don't get why everyone is being so cheerful and positive, as anyone who has been on this site for any length of time has seen how these scenarios play out:

Basically, you're in a plane heading straight for a mountain. You don't know the characters, you don't know the backgrounds, you don't understand the reasons, but you think you can write a story that fans of the show will like. Oh, even better: as a crossover with Pokémon.

You said you have the first chapter done? Let's see the opening paragraphs. I would LOVE to be wrong.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I can hope that a good enough reason

Honestly? Probably not.

There are SO many aspects of this show that you, as an outsider, simply don't know. There's a reason a cartoon that was designed for an audience of eight to ten-year-old girls has gained so much popularity with an adult audience, and your only reading fan fics doesn't even scratch the surface.

Applejack is an Earth pony. Do you know what makes Earth ponies different from Pegasi and Unicorns? It's not just the lack of horns and wings.

Pinkie Pie isn't just a silly party pony. She has an eidetic memory, which means she remembers everything she sees with total recall, as well as possessing a sort of sixth sense she calls her "Pinkie Sense."

Rainbow Dash is not simply a pony who likes to show off. She was able to recreate an ability that, up until then, everypony thought was a myth. Using this ability, she was able to break the sound barrier and save not only her friend but three other ponies as well. Do you know what that ability is called?

Fluttershy isn't just a shy mare. She possesses a power that none others have, but she hates using it because it takes over the mind of whoever she uses it on.

Twilight grew from being a gifted Unicorn to becoming an Alicorn. What's an Alicorn?

And Rarity? She can shred a heavy metal guitar!

NONE of the things I've mentioned above were created by us fans, ALL of it was done by the original writers. And that was just a very, VERY short list.

So, my point is reading a few fan fics and maybe watching a few episodes MAY give you some idea, but it's still a long way from truly understanding this show.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22