The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,447 stories
Comments ( 79 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 79

You guys should definitely pop in here. We've had chats about Ponies, music, writing, artistry, EqD, and of course Potatoes! It's nonstop good times in here.

Why is it so empty?

Because peoples are from America! Err. Or so I think. And over there the time is like, um, between 03.00 and 05.00 AM. :)

However, us CET guys have no reason not to be there. Unless we have a job. ._.

I don't care, get me the stick I use to wake people with.

I dislike Irc... but I like you guys. Maybe later this evening...

So lonely! :'(

If only those 'lazy' American guys could wake up!

I'm from Sweden! it's 4:28 PM here! :>

H'ok, IMPORTANT POST HERE!

The first thing you should do (And the first thing I should have done) when you get on the IRC is register your name. To do so, click the "Auth to Services" box the first time you log in. Enter a username and password, and don't forget your nickname up top. I actually don't know if Auth to Services is necessary the first time, but it's how I did so it'll at least work. In the other box, type in

##fimTWG

Then type in the captcha and you've begun. Once you get into the chat, type in:

/nickserv register (PASSWORD) (EMAIL)

They'll send you an email containing something you else need to type in. Highlight the line that starts with /msg nickserv, copy and paste it into the IRC, and voila! You're registered. From here on, just log in using the same nickname, the same username, and the same password. Then we can recognize you and know it's you!

Distrance
Group Contributor

^
Some good info right there fellas. Good ahead and copy-pasta that Tytyvm.

As for the IRC channel. Do we have any sort of moderation on this channel? Can you grant that kind of thing? I hardly use IRC so I'm pretty novice at it.

I saw this tytyvm guy being op!

Yeah he's OP so when he comes on we have to stop posting ponies.

As the reigning king of nothing at all, I hereby name you Hilarity! Your cutie mark shall be a dick joke, with a banana on top.

So nothing changes then?

Bump again

Ahem! Sorry.

You really want more people to use it, eh? :)

People should totally use this thing.

I think its populated by ghosts...
No one is talking

Use this thing already

PEOPLE!! SERIOUSLY! Come to chat room! X'D

Always empty when I check it out, heh.

I'm usually there... However, right now I'm in the middle of an assignment so whenever I actually am there I'm studying. It also depends on where you're from, different timezones you know!

To bad, your grade can take a back seat. Its time for pone.

PONEEEEEEEEE! We loves it.

I have been in this chat alot and no one ever speaks I say hello everyone how you all doin, and nothing. I get nothing.... :raritycry:

T.peters

amg!

I haven't been on due to [insert really bad excuse]. Getting on.

People are usually online at UTC 19:00. As of nowadays, only a few (less than five) people come up to chat at once (at most). I'll try to solve that problem eventually.

Ehehee... Should I really say? Let's say it's a three-letter acronym game that has been keeping me busy. However from now on it will be a lot more of University studies and a lot less gaming, hence more hanging in the chat.

This is pretty much dead, isn't it?

Yes. Sorry about that.
Then again, there's been four of us chatting half an hour ago, but that's an exception than a rule.

I'm around when I'm home. Uni has taken a lot of more time these days though. My hours are usually 6:30 pm -> midnight (CET) which is, eeeh, 10:30 AM -> 4:00 PM in PST? or whatever you US-folks are using. :>

Yeah, this needs more attention. From the perspective of the new guy, it seems like this group is almost being used as a "please review this" drop bin. Part of what makes cooperative writer groups work is the willingness of members to do the reviews and commentary. A chat seems like a good tool to help build a community, the trick is getting people interested.

Several of us have been spending a good deal of time in the channel. We could always use a few new, friendly faces to join us. There are lots of laughs, story help, music, and animated gifs-a-plenty. Hell, I have essentially adopted the channel and never leave it (aside from sleep and school). :twilightsmile:

So come on in... and bring cookies. :scootangel:

This chat just has a massive aura of light and activity! So much that I can't see any of it! (Hurray for jokes about silence.)

I concur. When I've jonied the last few days (on reasonable hours like evening (CET) or weekends) we've been five up to eight people in them channels! That's way better than the 1½ afk we usually have. So do feel free to join us!

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!

I've braved the chat channel.

/is in the chat channel
/has totally conquered it, somehow

its works but... WHY THE HAY DOES NOPONY GO ON?! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Showmare Trixie
Group Admin

How did Trixie not realize we had one of these until now.

If you plan on making the IRC channel a habit, a client such as Hexchat will make your life a lot easier. Try it: it's freeeeee! :pinkiehappy:

For all the writers out there who might be a touch uncomfortable setting up Hexchat, it's easy (even if I can be a rather wordy fellow). Here's how:
Open up the Network List. This should open itself automatically.

There's an Add button to the right. Hit it, and you'll get a New Network on your network list. Its text is already selected, so write in whatever name you want for the network. After you're satisfied with the name, hit Edit.

Once you're in edit, you're gonna click on the server already there and change the text in it to: irc.freenode.net

From there, unless you've registered your nick, all you need to do is add ##fimTWG to your Favorite Channels list. If you did register your nick then you'll want to put the password in the Nickserv Password box so it authenticates you every time you log in.

Back at the network list, hit Favor with the network you just added selected, then check Show Favorites Only. That gets rid of a huge list of stuff you probably aren't going to use.

Make sure you've got your nickname up there where it says to, then you can connect. In the future, all you need to do is open up Hexchat, select the network you added, then hit Connect. It will log you onto your nick, authenticate it if you've registered it, and log you into our channel.

I've downloaded it and click run, but nothing happened.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 79