The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,447 stories
Comments ( 346 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 346

Ok, so I used to be on a forum where we were filling out 1000 ways to get kicked out of Wal-Mart. This is basically the same idea.

It's kind of a forum game, but it's less of a game and more just plain silly fun. Basically, just post the best possible ways you can think of to annoy someone who writes and submits to this site, or just comes on to read a fanfic! I'll start us off. Try to keep them numbered, but if we slip up (and we will), it doesn't really mean anything. Just a fun way to keep track of what we've got =P

1: Go into their computer and change their auto-correct to change "Anypony" to "Anyone."

2 Ask them If they ever noticed you messing with their story . ( this only works if you don't actually mess with their story ) they then will perceive to Drive themselves crazy trying to find what you changed .

Distrance
Group Contributor

3: Create a black and red alicorn OC

4. Write 'First' in the comments on any of the mod's fics.

5. Endless sentences.

6. Thumb them down and dont leave a comment.

Owlor
Group Admin

8. Write about the background pony Rainbowshine encountering Rainbow Dash at the Rainbow Factory. :derpyderp1::derpyderp2:

9. Posting nothing but an emote as a comment.

11. Getting featured with a half assed joke of a fic.

12. Ask them to write a shipping pairing they don't like. Repeatedly.

350862>>350877

These two.

13: 12 favorites, 11 thumbs. SOMEONE'S HOLDING OUT ON ME! :trixieshiftleft:

350889 98 favorites, 69 likes, 4 dislikes, little feedback. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

14. If Lyra is in your story, have someone complain about how she is or is not obsessed with humans. A pointless argument because she's never met one.

15. Someone complaining about when you ship octavia with anyone but scratch, or lyra with anyone but bon bon

16. Four thousand views, fourteen thumbs up.

17. Call a well developed, interesting OC a Mary Sue.

18. Call a badly developed, flat OC a developed, interesting character. Then, when the author finds out the truth...

19. Give them a very well written, in-depth, especially long and (most importantly) generic critique--wait until the last line to tell them it was for another story.

350818 Hey, I can't help it, that's just the way I always write it! And I like it better that way, too. :rainbowderp: It just feels more cutesy to me.

19. Saying that there's a mistake in a story when it actually turns out to be a word that they don't understand.

I kid you not, I had someone do this to me. Not understanding a word does not an error make.

350862 Dear lord... I have annoyed many writers! :trollestia:

351085 You have angered the Gazebo

20. Continually spam the comments of their story claiming how much better your story is than theirs.

Oh man, that deserves an

21. Writing any form of a Big Mac or Spike harem. Bonus points if it gets featured.

22. spam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spamspam spam spam spam spam in general.

23.Poor spelling (boneus pointes fo be diswexic)

24. Post a blog and check fics it has nothing to do with.

25. Write a clop-fic and rate it everyone (because you want everyone to read it)

26. Talking about shit in no way relevant to the story on its comment section.

27. Due any Cupcakes, My Little Dashie, or Sweet Apple Massacre parody/sequel.

28. Be better than they are.:trollestia:

351205 31. Write a romance story called Rainbow Dash and not have her in it. (I'm tempted to do this now...)

Hey! I do that all the time!
1) Write an awful fic
2) Receive hate
3) Call your fic a trollfic
4) ???
5) PROFIT! (a.k.a. FEATURE BOX)

35. Filling a comment full of a price list of an American clothes shop

( this happened to me once. :unsuresweetie:)

351308 Shameless self-promotion... :rainbowlaugh:

36. Down vote story because you don't like the characters (mainly Gilda, Trixie, etc)

38. Just commenting "penis" on someone's fic.

351430 (oh god, I laughed so hard)

40. Writing a comment on the fic/chapter that is longer than the piece itself.

43. Dropping your banana into the eye of the washing machine's Celestia until haircut happens to the wise HiE anthro crossover. Using the wrong number in a list of things that writers hate hoping to confuse those who wont read the actual comment. Putting more than one point, along with jibberish into the post for the list, and also putting two numbers in one post. That's just cheating.

48. See what I mean? I hope I didn't disturb your listing. Oh, yeah, and actual point for the list... *Reads post* Yeah, I think this'll do.

49. Be Melon. :pinkiecrazy:

44: Only write while drunk. When people notice your spelling errors, tell them they "don't understand your artistic vision."

Oh wait, I was supposed to give bad advice, not awesome advice. :raritydespair:

Edit: Also Krass, your avatar is my nomination for best avatar.

351478 (that IS awesome advice! I know some of my niftiest things have been written when I was on a heavy buzz. The miraculous powers of booze!)
45. Only critique while drunk. When the author complains that you're incomprehensible, tell them clearly they are simply an amateur and/or out of touch with 'modern' writing conventions.

Worked for Hemingway, I don't see how it can go possibly wrong! :trollestia:

46: Ship Braeburn with anything but a male.

I use that ALL THE TIME. Sobriety is for the poor and weak livered.

47. Write a "The Conversion Bureau" Fic. Or Ponyfall. Or Fallout Equestria.

48. Write a fallout equestria fic where the lead ISNT a lesbian that mopes half the fic.

20. Continually spam the comments of their story claiming how much better your story is than theirs.

What kind of idiot does that? Reminds of HIE discussion topics devolving into nothing more than a competition over how each author's HIE story is oh-my-god totally-awesome loads better because it "doesn't follow X cliche or Y shortcoming". Also a good reason why I generally don't discuss HIE in the first place, despite being a prominent author of such myself.

50. Post this on someone's comments. Do nothing else.

352108 A few writers who have horrible stories that were downvoted in mass. I have seen them troll some of the better stories, but there are not too many of them. This site is pretty good at keeping them away.

51. CAPS LOCK IS CRUSE CONTROL FOR (un)COOL!

53: Post an image that's so small, they have to open it in a new window in order to see what it's saying. :P

Get their hopes high by saying that the blurb looks promising. Then after actually reading the fic, say that it's crap.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to read a fic from my list of read later list that lists a list of fics listed later to late list read... fic...

54. Post R34 as a link in a fic's comment section.

55. Write a fic that looks really pormising and NEVER UPDATE IT AGAIN

56. Write a comment in a code (Like A=1) bonus points for being a more obscure code.

57. Take that code and translate it into binary.

58. Have the message be really stupid, like "Nice Fic."

59) Complain about author not doing the ship you wanted - even if the ship has nothing whatsoever to do with the blurb, title and story in general.

60) Comment in smileys and nothing else.

61) Triplepost and keep on going.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 346