Scootaloo 2,575 members · 3,273 stories
Comments ( 24 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 24

:scootangel: This is short but here we go! How about a story or episode where rainbow's parents adopt scootaloo and rainbow gets jealous? I think this would be a good story idea

Why would Fast pone get jealous?

5949279 Honestly, I'm expecting loads of those stories to start appearing as soon as the episode airs.

We still don't have a confirmation that Scootaloo are orphan. No confirmation - no adoption.

5949279 Maybe, I mean it can show that even though the parents are making room to love another pony in the family, it doesn't mean they love those who are already around any less.

5949284 Perhaps when Rainbow's parents no longer give her the embarrassing attention for her accomplishments, and Scootaloo's getting the attention now. Happens with older siblings who become the older sibling for the first time. Happened with me and three of my sisters, til we got older and understood why.

But seeing as how Rainbow Dash got in on the action of cheering on Scootaloo at the end of "Parental Glidance" this might be a little off for a good reason.

She would fully support Scootaloo getting the attention.

She wants the support, and fast pone's family including her are willing to give her some.

It could work, but you'd have to introduce the pony taking care of Scootaloo (since, you know, assuming she's an orphan, even orphans have people taking care of them, certainly in this setting) and have the actual adoption happen, then the next problem is introducing the jealousy.

You need Rainbow's parents to do something with Scootaloo that they did not do with Rainbow, or something that was supposed to be exclusively for Rainbow. And it needs to be something major, for it to affect her as an adult. Too much leniency, maybe, rules that were in place for Rainbow Dash being removed for Scoots, that sort of thing.

Bonus points if it's something with a practical reason behind it; like food types or exercise. Or skipping school.

And then you'd also have to account for the possible existence of social services, who might pick up on any trouble.

So... yeah, it can be done, but there's a lot of parameters to keep in mind to do it right.

RaylanKrios
Group Admin

5949279 for so many reasons no

5949294 I agree with you on this. We still have yet to show evidence about it, but you can't stop people from fanfictioning about the possibility.

Like I said, after seeing the Rainbow Dash/Scootaloo centered episode, Rainbow Dash probably wouldn't get jealous. At least not until Scootaloo became her competition.

5949328 Yeah, but here is my problem:

Rainbow Dash spent that whole episode not wanting attention. It was interfering with her work and wouldn't really be in competition.

Even if she started feeling jealous, I guarantee you that RD's Parents have enough attention to go around for both of them.

No I meant, once Scootaloo got as good as Rainbow Dash, Rainbow would start wondering if she should try and get some of her parents attention to help motivate her, since they motivated her sister so much. But I digress. She'd probably train Scootaloo herself to make sure she had somepony to carry on her mantle as the most awesome flier in Equestria. Like, Scootaloo became the best flier of her time, because she was trained by the best flier of the previous generation.

5949294 Scootaloo said in the episode that she's never had anypony support her like Rainbow Dash does. This more or less confirms that she is an orphan. Alternatively, this could confirm Lauren Faust's idea for Scootaloo, to have her parents constantly working and Scootaloo needing a babysitter.

And that's fine, it's just that there is no reason for her to be jealous in the first place.

5949343 It doesn't more or less confirm anything about her being an orphan. One: Flight to the Finish showed she lived in a house. That was proof, for me at least, she's not an orphan. Two: She said she never had parents as supportive as Rainbow Dash's parents, which is the reason why she felt she wouldn't aspire to greatness like Rainbow has. That doesn't say she's an orphan. That could mean her parents are too busy to provide her motivation, or they feel that it's more realistic to not have Scootaloo expect to be the best at everything, and that she must find her own way to push herself, perhaps, because that's how they were raised.

I mean, my mom heard me tell her that I wanted to do so many things, and here's what she told me:

"Do what you can. Accept what you can't."

I feel those are words to live by. If there's a problem, try to fix it. If you can't then you just have to move on. Something I'm trying to help Navy sailors see, but their a little stubborn right now.

5949379 I suppose that line could be taken either way.

This more or less confirms that she is an orphan.

No, it's also could mean an unsupportive parents. People just tend to interpret what Scootaloo said in the way they want.

5949380 Honestly, I can't dictate how people interpret it. Sorry for sounding snappy. I'm just one of those bronies who doesn't believe that Scootaloo is an orphan in the show until there is physical evidence stating such.

Just like I don't accept the belief that the "Apple Parents" of the Apple Siblings have passed away. Everyone just accepts it because of their lack of appearance, and that could be for a number of reasons unknown. And yes, I have heard the whole "But Sibsy, a reliable source, stated that the two shooting stars in the Apple Family Reunion episode were supposed to represent the "Apple Parents" ."

I'm sorry, but, the shooting stars could've meant anything if that is the truth. It doesn't state that they passed away, plus, look at this comic:

So, for all we know, the parents are pegasi :pinkiegasp: PLOT DEVICE!!!

Just like I don't accept the belief that the "Apple Parents" of the Apple Siblings have passed away.

IIRC we see an episode about how AJ parents meet each other in this seasons. So maybe we also find about their current status.

5949381 I even said that myself.

Alternatively, this could confirm Lauren Faust's idea for Scootaloo, to have her parents constantly working and Scootaloo needing a babysitter.

I'm just one of those bronies who doesn't believe that Scootaloo is an orphan in the show until there is physical evidence stating such.

The house we saw her living in in the episode "Flight to the Finish" could have been her foster parents'.

Just like I don't accept the belief that the "Apple Parents" of the Apple Siblings have passed away. Everyone just accepts it because of their lack of appearance, and that could be for a number of reasons unknown. And yes, I have heard the whole "But Sibsy, a reliable source, stated that the two shooting stars in the Apple Family Reunion episode were supposed to represent the "Apple Parents" ."

I'm sorry, but, the shooting stars could've meant anything if that is the truth. It doesn't state that they passed away

True, but remember in "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" that Applejack said to Apple Bloom, with tears in her eyes, "Oh, Sugarcube, if Mom and Dad were here, they'd be so proud of you." I accept this as the writers confirming that their parents are dead. (Why else would the Apple siblings all have tears in their eyes as Applejack says this line? Apple Bloom even wipes a tear from her eye.) But, again, like Scootaloo's line about not having the support that Rainbow Dash has, this line could be taken either way. It could mean that their parents are dead or it could mean that their parents are simply away on business and aren't home that often. But that theory doesn't work when you recall that Lauren Faust herself said that she considers the Apple parents dead, but the writing staff could never write a story about it because they felt it was too depressing and hard to write. Maybe in "The Perfect Pear" we'll finally get confirmation as to whether or not they're dead (I'm still pissed that they didn't do this in "Where the Apple Lies" where they had the perfect opportunity to do so). Until then, all we can do is speculate.

Oh god have I just started a flame war? Oops :twilightsheepish:

5949322 you are completely right! But remember this is mlp so o doubt they will make it that complicated. :rainbowlaugh:

I was talking about a story idea. If we're talking episodes, then... they could make it an episode, sure, but it'd be one that raises more questions than it answers. Besides, I haven't seen the actual new episodes yet, so I'm not entirely up to speed on the whole thing. Probably bingewatch around episode 12 or so.

Edit: actually, you know what the easiest way to do it is? One episode where she's adopted, then another episode for the jealousy. And, if this is the set-up we're getting (big if, but let's suppose) then the easiest way to induce jealousy in Rainbow Dash would be the title of the episode:

Hoof-Me-Down, or Wing-Me-Down.

If I'm hearing everything correctly, Rainbow's parents are super-supportive, idolise their daughter, right? Then it stands to reason they keep mementos of her childhood. So basic concept: a stuffed animal that Rainbow Dash was very fond of as a child -- which she now vehemently denies, but actually she even took to Flight Camp and still kind of loves -- gets passed down to Scootaloo. This causes conflict, and Rainbow Dash eventually gets over it either with Twilight (Miss Smartypants) or, if they really want to score bonus points, with Spike.

"I had to let go of Peewee, and that wasn't easy, either. But I'm okay with it now, because he's with his family. And his family is happy. And Peewee is happy. So... don't you want Scootaloo to be happy?"

Something similar is possible with Starlght Glimmer, but it's less thematically consistent, since Starlight was in the wrong to be 'having' the stuff she had with her village.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24