Scootaloo 2,575 members · 3,273 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I've been a-pondering, and I don't think I've run across this but others here might have...

Are there any stories out there where the reason Scootaloo has trouble flying is due to a condition where her magic is trying to express as Earth Pony magic? Like it is trying to be in touch with the earth and use tools well, which is why she's so good with her scooter?

Thanks!

No idea of a story like that, but the idea sounds awesome!

If anyone knows of a story like this, can you tag me on your reply too?

I think this is a very interesting idea but replace earth pony with unicorn

Eeeeh. I may know of a story kinda sorta like that.

There is a story like this. I've read it. Unfortunately, I don't remember its name and I read it before bookshelves were a thing.

I've seen that for Fluttershy, but not for Scootaloo. I happen to be writing a story where Scootaloo is Fluttershy's sister and her flight problems are magic related, but nothing to do with earth pony magic.

5877909 Mmm, close. I've read many Scootaloo fics including some that explore her as having an earth pony side but not sure if in the exact pure focus way you described?

I do however have a couple recommended fics. One is pretty much 'incomplete' but are all self-contained episodes, technically all the episodes are completed.

Visiting Hours

^This is by far one of my top favorite Scootaloo stories as not many have really explored her parents in such depth or in such a positive way non-abusive, let's get Rainbow to convince Twilight to marry her to adopt Scootaloo, convoluted mess of a story. lol But I digress. It's got some of what you're looking for, I think anyways, so give it a shot.

And this little short, which I guess is just too charming a Scootie scooting story not to share: Keeping your Balance

I only wish I could recall more off the top of my head but I've been away, disconnected shall we say, from the fandom for some time.

5878544 i feel as if i know what your on about

I think I've got just the story.

The Most Unlikely Places.
Essentially, it's what you've asked for: Scootaloo being unable to fly because she's expressing her magic as earth pony magic. Or rather, she's a Harlecorn, a label to those with a genetic anomaly where the genes governing race are expressed codominantly, rather than the typical dominant-recessive that allows a pony to be of a single race. Which in Scootaloo's case, is pegasus-earth pony. It's my headcanon.

Another that springs to mind is One In A Million, a well-known story where her magic's expressed as unicorn magic.

Hope that helps! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12