Warcraft 252 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So, I am in the midst of writing my first story. Essentially it is about a night elf druid who wakes up in a cave in Equestria. I don't want to give much away just yet, but I need help an issue I've been throwing around my head for a while. Which view point should I write it from? I have been writing in third person limited for the sake of it being a fantasy genre story, but I feel I could write it easier and make it better overall if I was writing in third person. I know to make a good warcraft story, one has to make it a realistic viewpoint; no WoW slang and all that, but my issue still remains, does it even really matter whether I write it in first person or not?

I came for opinions and insight, so post yours if you think you can help!

In around the middle of the post I meant to say FIRST PERSON not Third Person. Doy:facehoof:

It does not, but you shouldn't be surprised if it drives some readers off. I suppose it has to do with deviating from the norm, and first person stories have a sort of stigma attached to them (*cough* self-insert *cough*).
The only real problem, for me, is if it's not in the past 'form'. As in, "I take a step forward", and not "I took a step forward".
The latter just sounds better to me. As if, in this case, the druid's telling me what happened to him in this adventure of his.

In any case, you should be just fine.

...And you can edit a post. If I'm not mistaken, it's the little pencil (Edit) next to the trash-can (Delete), on the upper right of said comment.

Thanks for the input! And sorry, I'm new to this:twilightblush:

2623172 id read it need a change from all the d/ks and paladin story's

I think if they were from the cenarion circle would make for the best perspective. Being a nelf and alli, they would of course be quick to point out the faults of the horde races, but being in the circle, they joined because the can also see faults in their own race and those of the alliance, but, they can also see the greatness that happens when they both work together, and so has hope for a future where the horde and alliance will not be enemies. Friendly rivals might be a bit childish, but something like that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6