Warcraft 252 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I working on a fic involving my wow characters coming to Equestria(during the 5.2 patch, so timewise, the factions have reached Pandaria and are fighting against the thunder king), to try and convince the ponies and other races to join the fight against the legion and the old gods. There will also be a VERY slight crossover with another franchise, but that won't really get touched upon itself, but elements of it will be seen (especially during fight scenes).

Working idea is that the old gods wormed their way into Equestria's past, not unlike in war of the ancients, but stay quiet until the current time (it will be between episodes 2 and 3 of season 3), and then start to show themselves and their servants in an attempt to make this world a bastion of power for them to launch assaults and try to gather other like them across the cosmos.

My characters show up and introduce themselves in Ponyville, whom are initially suspicious(especially Twilight, Rainbow Dash And Applejack, though for different reasons)and befriending them, but keeping themselves hidden from Canterlot's forces. They're cover is eventually blown during the magical duel between Trixie and Twilight (this will happens sooner then in the show) when the amulet shows its true power and twists Trixie into a faceless. After they subdue her, the whole of Canterlot's military shows up to apprehend them, but after trouncing the best of the best, the princess show up to do their part but are convinced by the leader of the Azerothans that both sides have been tricked by a third party. This third party are the changelings, who has been warped by the old gods, and along with a substantial number of cultists are planning to wipe out Ponyville, and the elements there in, before marching on to Canterlot unopposed. They have also prepared a special force to counter the Azerothans, whom are from Azeroth as well and a quite familiar with them, to break their bodies and spirits. After they fight against the first wave of the old gods servants and are asked to stay and train the races of Equus((working name) though the initially plan on leaving after the treatment from Celestia and the townsfolk in the aftermath of the battle)) how to fight so they can fight against their common enemy, as well as be able to make friends with the peoples of "the gray" (Azeroth and beyond).

The premiss and working title is "Welcome to the Gray". The majority of ponies in this story (Ponyville, the royal army and the princesses (if only in denial), etc.) seem to be of a belief that everything is only black and white;good and evil, but the Azerothans show them the true nature of the world; they're own, and Equus... the gray area. And that bad is not always truly bad, and likewise for good is not always good.

The ponies will see the alliance and horde at their worst; with the horde about to enter the a civil war (the Darkspear rebellion is close at hand), and the alliance leaders are doing calling for blood the blood of the horde, in spite of they're "we are above that" mentality, doing total 180's in personality, with Varian being the voice of reason:pinkiegasp:. But, despite all this "chaos" among the leadership, several of the neutral factions, guilds and adventurers themselves show the ponies that, while the leaders are the voice of the factions, they are the real people, the ones who go out at experience the truth of the world. And, more often then not, find there isn't nearly as much reason to fight as the nobility, companies and leaders would have the public believe.

I'm borrowing some elements from the stories My Little Warcraft and Rebirth of the Damned, 2 of my favorite stories on the site, crossover or otherwise, so you might see some similarities, but to be clear, I'm not ripping the authors off.

Any thoughts?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1