Warcraft 252 members · 101 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Remember after the War of the Ancients when everyone wanted to kill Illidan for trying to create a new well of eternity and Malfurion stepped in and had them imprison him for life instead?

I imagine that after the World Tree was constructed, and the night elfs got immortality, I think Malfurion just went, "Oh sh:yay:t!"

I mean, come on, what's really worse? Being killed, or living an eternal life in prison?

I mean, yeah Illidan was busted out and all kinds of crazy things went down, but still nobody knew any of that was gonna happen at the time.

So yeah, I just think after coming to the realization that his brother was never going to die, and would forever be in prison Malfurion freaked a bit.

I mean, he probably didn't show it, but still, I'd freak if I did that, and I think anyone would.

If you read War of the Ancients trilogy by Richard A. Knaak you will see that Malfurion knew about them becoming immortal. Illidan was sentenced after the World Tree was created. And Malfurion knew that he wouldn't be imprisoned forever; he knew that the Legion would retun, and so he wanted Illidan to be freed then, because his knowledge and powers would be necessery. Of course, that makes his little freak out in Warcraft III strange, but...

Look, I'll be honest, I love the Warcraft lore, but I don't have the time or funds to actually read the books, all I got is Nobbel to go off, so I'm sorry if I goof some things up.

Though some things to consider include the whole time travel thing so some events of the war could have happened differently, and the freak out in 3 could just be that he didn't think Illidan had spent enough time to change.

Blame it on Knaak's man crush on Malfurion. I like the guy as a writer but I prefer Golden's writings to Knaak.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4