Crossovers 7,371 members · 10,957 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

An origin movie of Simba's father and Scar? Why didn't they made it animated?

They did a long time ago; twice even.

Is this show-or-movie going to have a main antagonist? If it is, is it going to be Scar or Shenzi the Hyena?

NobodieZ #6 · 2 weeks ago · · 1 ·

Because Disney is run by greedy morons.

No clue yet.

I can sense a lot of love from this project. I think it would be easier on everyone if we separated the studio from the corporation. I knew someone who worked with Disney a few times before. As an entertainment studio he likes the just fine. It is the corpo side of Disney that can be a pain. Besides working at the studio is just like any other job some love it some hate it. There is a lot of work that comes into these movies and I do not think a lot realize how much work is involved.

peter #8 · 2 weeks ago · · ·

It looks really good, and as far as I can tell from the Trailer I think you are right about the care that went into making it.

But I would have made it about "The First Lion King" the one who started the line that led to Mufasa and Simba.

Knowing Mufasa's fate would spoil my pure enjoyment of it. And from the Trailer, it is very clear that a good part of the movie is Mufasa creating the Pride Lands and gathering the animals under his rulership. This sort of goes against the Canon we saw in The Lion Guard, where Kion saw his ancestors going back many generations.

So like I said. I think it would have been better as "The first Lion King" Then we are not burdened by knowing the protagonist has a bad end.

I am glad that you recognize it and it seems like this could be both a comedy and a tragedy so I am curious to see how it goes.

Apparently they hate cartoons these days now

I think the only one who are saying that are the ones online. What about all of those Disney Channel cartoons? I am an artist and it is not that they hate them but they can’t sustain themselves with them. I really wish that people would stop blaming the company. Live action remakes are just what is popular right now whether we like it or not. I wanna make anime stuff but I can’t because that is not what my customers want if that makes sense.

To you maybe but everyone has different takes as well as opinions and there is nothing wrong with having a slightly different view.

Amereep #14 · 2 weeks ago · · 1 ·

Ah, so the "live action" department is trying a new tactic to fight against our moans over their redoes of their animated classics. If this becomes a success, we may finally kill this trend of retelling everything as live action from Disney for something that'll explore a bit more background of our timeless characters.

Wanderer D

Why

The trend is not dying. I just think you just don’t like it. I have met IRL people who like these and as long as the internet continues to stir up unnecessary drama the more people are going to want to watch it. I think IRL people have the tendency to have a different opinion than those online. Stop making it seem like it is some devious tactic.

They're kinda running out of movies to live action.

I mean there's plenty of choices and a few of them are ones I would like to see, but they've been picking the more renaissance ones that really stapled their heydays plus a few of the big classic ones that people associate Disney with, and the options with those traits are starting to become scarce. I can't see them making an attempt for a live action Black Cauldron or Atlantis, so they need to do something on the side with their products, and this prequel to the Lion King is coming across as The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh or The Return of Jafar if I must relate.

There is a Lilo and Stitch coming out as well as a live action Moana. I think an Aladdin live action sequel was also announced. They already did a live action Winnie the Pooh it is called Christopher Robin and it did really well at the box office. The internet has been interesting in movies from Disney’s Dark Age so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Wait until the only movie left to live action is Songs of the South. Heads are going to roll then, let me tell you.

Dang, I thought it was just a rumor, but here it is clear as day.

Am I the only one who is questioning the snowy mountain setting? This is still set in Africa, right? As far as I am aware, Africa doesn't get any snow, except for the country of Lesotho, and I'm pretty sure lions can't survive in the snow. Or is my basic geography education complete bull****?

Well there’s mount Kilimanjaro.

They have snowy mountains in the east of Africa. I actually had to look that up because I was not so sure myself.

It is not the worst movie, that goes to Disney’s Dark Age, you know things like Sword in the Stone and the Black Cauldron. As for the reviews itself, it was a mixed bag and it really depended on what your world view is. I can see two paths, one where they disregard the movie because a movie like that wouldn’t fly in this day in age or they would remake the movie but have it told in the perspective of a black slave. A lot of the tales were actually black fairy tales told from people of that time and the reason the movie was thought to be racist was because the movie glorified the idea of owning slaves as well as being a plantation owner. We still have people who want slavery to come back and a name for those are called the lost causers because they also want the old south to come back. Also I wouldn’t say heads would roll, the people of that time when the movie was made would actually be ok with. Now I am not saying that they themselves are racists, it was just the norm at the time.

This movie is kind of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, as long as the story is told right, it could be a good movie. But, on the other hand, luck has not been on Disney's side and this may just be a bland cash-in.

Was it the worst movie? Heck no. Was it the most controversial? Even at the time it came out in theaters.

To be fair I thought you made it sound like it was. My bad as for being controversial at the time, I don’t think it was.

It might be interesting to see what it was like for Mufasa when he was a cub since we already had that for Simba.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30