FlutterDash 2,595 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Everhopeful
Group Admin

If you've got something to say and nowhere else to say it, say it here.

Nice choice of banner :pinkiehappy:.

Bread-crumbz is an awesome artist who has drawn and written a great FlutterDash story.

I believe that chimmicherry and cherrychanga are both bad names. I think it should be Cheranya.

Um, hello. I didn't see a general hello and welcome forum, so, I'll just put this here...

Hi, I just joined this group and I very much like this pairing. It's got a very nice flow and feel to it. It's cute, at least to me. They seem to balance one another out in a way that I've seen only seen in real life. Yin and Yang, kind of. Oh dear, now I'm rambling... My apologizes.

Also, I am very new here, so please be kind if I miss up on anything... Hopefully, I can make a few friends here, right? Regardless, I thank you for allowing me to join. ^^

793853 It's a great pairing isn't it? It reminds me of my wife and I, one of us always balancing the other out. Don't let the haters convince you, a good pairing is more than two characters with common interests, it's how the personalities mesh (and sometimes how they don't). How each of the two push the other to better themselves in ways they couldn't do on their own. 'Shy can soften the rough facade of Dash. Dash can push 'Shy to heights (pun intended) she never thought she could achieve on her own.

Obvious that this is kinda my OTP isn't it :twilightsheepish:

Oh yes, it is. I remind me and my fiance a lot as well. We have somewhat clashing personalities, but we push one another to be better. I think that's why I like this pairing so much as well. As I said before, I feel like you need balance, Yin and Yang, to have a good relationship. Two Yins never speak what they feel and drift apart, while two Yangs fight all the time and drift apart. Dash and Shy seem like they would be a lovely couple, if they would ever admit it. Sure, there would be disagreements, but every fight beings you closer to understanding one another. Or at least that's how it was for me.:twilightsmile:

It is, but I believe it is my OTP as well. :twilightblush:

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

793897 You guys are right about that! Almost anyone who hates this pairing will tell you that they're nothing alike and therefore don't work. I respectfully disagree. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy do have a strong connection, and sure, they have different interests here and there, but that's where they balance each other nicely. They can learn from each other, they can still be themselves, and plus, they're so adorable. Rainbow is the typical tough girl who shows her sweeter side, and Fluttershy in turn becomes more confident in herself.

Plus, what works is that Rainbow not only happily encourages Fluttershy to do her best, but she also gives her the tough love she needs. She also steps back when she needs to and lets Fluttershy work on her own as well, which is a great balance. Fluttershy also can stand up to her, and yet still be there for her as any good friend would.

FlutterDash :yay::heart::rainbowkiss:

I'm really glad I found a group of people that I can have nice casual conversation about this pairing without it turning into a debate about who's the best ship or some other nonsense. It's all preference, really. But yes, I completely agree with your statement NintendoGal...

What up a sec, are you?... Yes, you are! Wow, I've read all your work on this site(prior to creating this account) and my I say, you're stuff is awesome! I've even spoken with FlutterDash7, on a different site, and they spoke very highly of you. ^^ Sorry, fan moment...

But yes, a lot of people who don't like this ship attend to overstate that the two don't have enough in common to be a couple. Which is very, well, odd to me. I mean, with me and my fiance, we only a have a few things in common(writing, drawing and gaming) but that's about it. Yet, here we are three years into our relationship and planning on marriage.

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

794511 :twilightblush: Hee, you're very kind! But yes, that's me! :derpytongue2: FD7 is a friend of mine! X3 Nice to meet you!

Tell me about it, it's kind of why I tend to keep any and all FlutterDash-related discussions here. I know debates can be fun and all, but sometimes I'd rather just state how I feel about something without someone butting in and opposing it.

And besides, some people have made such laughable reasons for why FlutterDash is such a "worst pairing ever" (I'm actually not joking, someone said that), so it's hard to take them seriously. Not only that, but they always use "Dragonshy" as some kind of proof that Rainbow is just so EVIL to Fluttershy. That was ONE episode, and she had never been mean to her ever since. Annoyed, maybe, but even she got over that. Over the past three seasons, she's done nothing but become a lot more warmed up and encouraging to Fluttershy. And like I said, she gives her the tough love she needs, but not in a way that's cruel, forceful or mean-spirited.

They pretty much stick her into her season one personality, and treat Fluttershy like she's a porcelain doll.

Some also pretty much mistake relating to someone to being similar to someone, both of which are different things.

And there you have it. It's true that love may work differently for people, but overall, this definitely works. People do need to be different from one another in some respect, because it creates a balance, it has both parties accepting each other's differences. And overall, it gives both parties the chance to be themselves freely.

This is something they ALWAYS bring up with Rainbow and Fluttershy. That Rainbow is too fast, Fluttershy is too slow, and so forth. Well....who's to say that either one of them has to be faster or slower?

Fluttershy would support Rainbow, and let her fly as much as she wants to. I think she would have no problem with it, and would be more than fine to allow her to do what she likes to do. And the same with Rainbow. She would encourage Fluttershy to do what she does, take care of her animals, and la-dee-doo. Supporting one another's passions is very important, and even if they can't share them together in the same way, doesn't mean they're not good for each other. I think Fluttershy supporting Rainbow like that would mean the world to her. :twilightsmile:

They can do other things together, they can still have fun together, and they can support each other's different passions. :pinkiehappy:

It's kind of like if your partner plays basketball and you don't. So you let them play anyway, because they enjoy it, and you support them for it. In turn, they get a chance to do what they like.

Wow, you to the words right out of my mouth. ^^ You literally hit every point I was going to make and then some. I can tell you're very passionate about your stand point and I can truly admire you for that.

Yeah, FD7 is very nice and agreed to proof-read some of my work in their spare time (the one I asked for anyone's thoughts on on the other thread here). They also said that you were a great deal of help to them with writing a lot of their stories as well. Are you a published author by chance?

It annoys me to no end to see bicker about why a couple could not be together because of how different they are. I mean, I really can't see two people getting together as a couple if they share all the same traits. The relationship would be... boring I guess would be the word; like the Idea of FlutterMac(i dislike this pairing completely). I tried to read a story with the two of them in it together on DArt, and it made me physically sick. I actually threw up. It was just so... so... so uneventful! There was no emotional growth, no conflict, no passion, no nothing! I really disliked it and never really considered reading another one ever again. It wasn't badly written, it was just boring as, well, dry paint. It was like watching Twilight(the lame movie). It may sound good, but to see/read it should be considered a act of torture. But that's just my opinion and I am a bit bias at times. :twilightsheepish: Oh, I hope I didn't make anyone mad with the latter of what I said...

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

794724 :twilightblush: I just love what I love and try to find reasoning for why it works! Thanks anyway, though! :twilightsmile:

No, I'm not a published author. XD But I'm aspiring to be one someday. :raritystarry:

FlutterMac, yeah, I just really don't see it working. I'm a shy girl as well, and I've tried being friends with someone much shyer than I am. It did not work out. We barely had ANYTHING to say to each other. I can imagine Fluttershy and Big Mac being in a similar situation. Now to be fair, I shouldn't compare my own experiences to that of other characters, not at all. But what I am saying is that when two people who are normally quiet and shy, it's not easy for either one to open up. Someone needs to be a conversation starter, to get the other feeling comfortable.

Two people who are exactly the same, yeah, it doesn't work. It makes you feel like you're dating yourself. On top of that, it also can be a factor of being too similar, yet too different. That's already very jarring.

That's good. I always try to do the same, however I usually end up getting demonized for whatever I like...

And yeah, I can't see it happening either. I'm rather shy in real life as well, sometimes even on the internet, and when ever I try to befriend someone else who is shy, we normally don't speak often. While it's not completely fair to compare one persons experience to another person's, I feel that sometimes it okay to do so that you have a reference to work from.

And see what you mean, that would create a lot of problems. However, I've noticed that with some people that ship, anything can go. In example, Shizuo Heiwajima and Izaya Orihara form Durarara are shipped together all the time by the fans despite the fact that in the series the two go out of the way to kill one another on a daily basis. Besides that, their personalities conflict to the under most extreme as Izaya just sick and twisted while Shizuo is hates everything Izaya does. Shipping is confusing at times...

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

794915 Oh, I see what you mean. It's Hate Shipping. People want the Hate Shipping for one reason. The titillation, the angry making out and angry sex. And the whole passionate hatred of someone somehow translates to "I love you!" to these people. I know hatred is also another form of love, namely hating to love/loving to hate, but still. As well as that, they don't look for meaningful relationships with these Hate Shippings, they want the One Off titillation.

Because romance in real life can be so volatile sometimes, people are sick of the unrealistic portrayals of sweet romantic pairs because it gives people in real life the wrong idea and craving for "The One". While that can be true, it shouldn't be demonized. Sweet romance in the hands of good writers can be done so well. And hey, in real life, when a relationship is going well, and all the important work factors are in place, a couple can be very romantic together if they choose to be. :twilightsmile:

Onto FlutterDash for a moment, what it has going for it on a whole is cuteness. They are just so cute together. Then therein lies a problem. Not a lot of room for comedy, in some respects. This is not the fault of the characters, far from it. It's their perception. Rainbow is often DEMONIZED for every little thing she does, and then Fluttershy is White Knighted to the point of it being absolutely ridiculous. It's partly why it's so polarizing sometimes, especially to those who keep Fluttershy in a protective bubble like she's a porcelain doll, and those who think Rainbow is a big stupid jerk and cry for her head if she doesn't coddle Fluttershy.

So that's what its called. I had often wondered if there was a term for that. Hate-Shipping... So very strange. I suppose it's whatever floats the boat for other people. I myself can't see such a thing working in real life. Also, I've notice a strange popularity in Rival-Shipping(two characters that compete with one another). Why is that?

Can agree completely with you on that. Mostly due to firsthand experience.

I can also see what you mean there as well. I get sick of seeing people White-Knight Fluttershy all the time. If anything, the series has shown more often than not she can handle herself fairly well. Dragonshy being a prime example of this and how quickly she can forgive someone. I mean, she is afraid of her own shadown, but she still goes out on these crazy advntures with the others. When you're afraid and you still try, that's real courage. As for Dash, I am utterly shocked by how many people demonize her. It not like she's trying to hurt someone or make them feel bad, she's just acting in way that she's the most familiar with. It like demonizing a cat for meowing when its hungry. If you do, you have no idea what a cat is then. :twilightsheepish:

Honestly though, I would like to see more stories that these two can be couple and work through their differences, like what real couples do. It's not all rainbows and butterflies all the time...

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

795109 Rival-Shipping is slightly similar to Hate Shipping, except that sometimes, rivalry is good-natured and comes from two friends, or at least two people who are on good terms, but can also come from people who don't like each other. Hate Shipping is kind of that, mostly with enemies, but Rival-Shipping is something of the same deal. The two characters are trying to one-up each other, will have a lot of energy, and...well, it's also for the tantalizing factor. Rough and tough making out and sex. Especially in sweat.

You're definitely right about all that, Dragonshy had a lot to do with overcoming your fears and facing them. That's true courage, having fear to begin with, but going through with it and trying your best. No one is born with courage. It's something you gain as you keep facing your fears. And yes, forgiveness! That too. :pinkiehappy:

Rainbow Dash has her moments, but she is not, and never has been a complete bitch. She's a little brash and aggressive, but she's not cruel, nor is she mean-spirited. I'll never understand why she's demonized. :ajbemused:

Some Rival-Ships are okay, but I can't see some of them working in longer running. Kind of like when people pair up AJ and RD. Sure, there is a lot of room for comedy and bittersweet moments, but I personally think they would be butting heads far too much to really enjoy any kind of romance they could have, mostly due to the standing they both have. They'd fight. A lot. It just wouldn't be sweet without making the two act OOC. Which is, to my understanding, something that is frowned upon.

Yep! Aside from FlutterDash being my OTP, Fluttershy is also my favorite character in the show. Not because she's cute, or she's shy, or anything like that, but because it feels like she's the one who's grown up the most in the series. She's come a long way since episode one. Of course, Dash is my number two. ^^ Followed by Vinyl Scratch for some reason... Not sure why, she's just an awesome background character to me.

I agree. Rainbow Dash is just, well, Rainbow Dash. You can't say she's sweet because she not all the time, but by no means can you say she's cold hearted. She's tomboy, pure and simple.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16