FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

With the series less than eight weeks away from ending, there's something that's been on my mind.

I know our favorite pairing isn't likely to happen for real, but when the series ends and we don't see anything regarding a hint, will the FlutterDash pairing still hold up? I know it's a lofty dream, but will FlutterDash fans still persevere even if the series ends without any impressions of the two getting together? That's been on my mind for the past 24 hours, and I just want to know that our group will endure even after the end, proof or no proof.

Still, you never know. Even if there's no small hints of FlutterDash in FiM, maybe EQG will throw us a bone (Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are pretty much the only ones that haven't been given center stage in the specials, so it'd be nice if they got a lot of attention in the last one).

Even if it doesn't happen in the show in fim it can.

AU's will always exist, and FlutterDash stands to me as the most stable and genuinely loving ship amongst the Mane 6, so I will always support it till the end.

Also, without going into detail, I have seen the leaks and don't like what they do with that part of the show, so I'll just choose to completely disregard it and will continue to tell my own stories within the show.

So have I, which is why I've decided to watch the final season at my leisure, and plan to skip all episodes regarding the main plotline of the season.

If you need Canon to prove your ship, you're not a shipper.

Just because it's the end of the series, doesn't exactly mean the immediate end of a ship. As long as there are people who are willing to pour their love, support, and attention into a non canon ship, the ship will live on and thrive until it finally does fades out.

[That is, if the next generation leaks are true and not much of the Mane Six's personalities have changed, then the ships are [possibly] saved. However, that's just me being an optimist! :pinkiesmile:]

Well, what shipper doesn't want to see their favorite pairing realized in actual canon?

:yay:Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

Want? Sure, everyone has wants. If you need that validation, though, then you aren't really a shipper at all. No one needs to ship Cadance and Shining, they are a couple. You don't have to look for hidden signs of affection, write them fanfiction. They just are. Shipping is work.

Why would it? I’ve been in Harry Potter fandom for a long time. Nobody stopped shipping Drarry, even after Cursed Child.
A canon ship is still a ship. Ron/Hermione, for example, is a ship. At the same time, a ship doesn’t have to go canon. In fact, I’ve found that shippers who ship couples unlikely to go canon are much better sports about it than those who think there was a shot. It wasn’t Ron/Luna shippers who sent JKR back the book jackets of Half Blood Prince. Flutterdash is, and always will be, mega-cute.
I don’t know anything about the next generation leaks.

A ship in canon is not one that requires shipping. It just is. You can like it, but it requires no effort. It's like buying one versus building one. You're not a shipper so much as a sailor.

You are not using established terminology. Nobody calls shipping a canon ship "sailing" except for you. Besides, if it required creative activity, everyone who shipped would have to write fanfic, and they don't, and no one who shipped a canon couple would write fanfic, and they do.

I'm not attempting to coin a phrase at all, thank you. I'm playing with words, it's what I enjoy doing. And if you'll forgive this naughty nautical nonsense: I'm saying if you're merely boarding a ship that is already there, you're putting no effort into it and are therefore not a shipper. Whether by art or writing or just imagination running wild because of a nuzzle or near kiss, to ship, you must go beyond what is presented. You are building, or assisting in the building of, something that is not there. If it's already there you're just lazy.

i well still ship this ship no matter what

Hey, as long as more fanfics are written with this ship in mind, I'm fine either way. Even with the show ending, the fandom won't do the same anytime soon...and there are still a ton of great shipping fuel in the series already, we can just go back and revisit it whenever we want.

Sage of the Leaf
Group Admin

Best ship will not die so easily.

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

I know I haven't been involved for quite a long time now, but I can assure ALL of you that I still love FlutterDash. It's an OTP of mine and my favourite lesbian ship! Even after the show ends, I'm still going to love it! :pinkiehappy: It's still a great ship and I look forward to seeing future works made for it! The group is still here, so I'm sure we'll all still have stories to write and things to talk about!

I'm talking to an artist right now about a possible series of FlutterDash pics. I'm going to be a FlutterDash shipper until I die. Even despite the garbage writing the show throws at us. :yay::heart::rainbowkiss:

Not gonna lie, I felt dread from the title of this thread. I got scared at the prospect of :yay::heart::rainbowwild: being 💀as a community, and guilt from not writing enough.
But if this dare-mo has anything to say it's that I hope we still fly the banners of this adorable mare couple (I'll do my best to try writing more as well as giving much d'awww to the fluffy fics posted here in the future)

Can I get a motherbucking witness. :ajsmug: Amen.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20