FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
JWR

I'm curious about how you would write clop about Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash? How do you portray the intimacy of their relationship while not making it too smutty?

Well, I haven't really taken a crack at it yet, but I guess it would depend on which version of them. With the EQG versions, I'd likely go more physical and intimate, considering that pair wears clothes. Of course, I'd do everything I could to avoid dirty words.

You can also explore the emotional intimacy of the couple. Dash tends to be brash and boastful, and Shy tends to be soft spoken and tends to not push issues unless they are important. What are they like with each other behind closed doors? Which was the first to admit feelings? To kiss? To say they care/love the other?

Sage of the Leaf
Group Admin

there are a lot of things to consider.

If you're trying to avoid mindless smut, you probably want to avoid overly vulgar language, and avoid using straightforward descriptions of their anatomy. Focus on the emotions they're feeling, and focus on the developments that have led them to intimacy.

Which of them wanted the physical intimacy more? There are some stories that explore the trope that Fluttershy is actually fairly naughty underneath her shy exterior. Other stories explore the trope that Rainbow, for all her boasting, is sexually naive. But my favorites are the stories in which their experience is mutually limited.

What is the setting? Are they just having a romantic evening together? Was it a busy day? Are we talking human characters? Ponies?

Is this their first time? If it isn't their first time, how long has it been since the previous time? Why do they want it?

These are all relevant questions to consider.

If I were going to write a Flutterdash M-rated story, I'd probably find it easier to do it with human characters - they're easier to relate to, physically. Like most Flutterdash stories, I'd probably explore the emotional background of their past together, but in order to keep it interesting, I'd want to do something unusual the setting. I'm not sure what that would be off the top of my head, but I try to make all the stories I write standout, in one way or another, seeing as how the major flutterdash tropes are abundantly saturated.

As a reader, I love to read active Dash and passive Shy, but things like Flutterbat x Dash are cute too.

One thing that I love above all else is music. Quite a few of my FlutterDash ideas are inspired by love songs.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6