FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
JWR

I thought I'd ask you all what about this particular ship appeals to you the most?

It's adorable. Childhood friendship angle always works for a ship.

JWR

So very true.

I guess I'm the same. I'm a big fan of childhood friends getting together, and seeing the way the two interact in the show reinforces how in I feel about the pairing. It should be noted that FlutterDash is the first same gender pairing I got into. In the past, when I looked at girl/girl pairings, it was usually for the hotness factor. But when I stumbled onto FlutterDash, I discovered that it was a pairing of actual affection, and not just another piece of eye candy to ogle.

And who knows? With how open-minded shows are getting now a days (LoK, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time), the writers might decide in the final episode (whenever it comes) to give a subtle hint that the two have feelings for each other. I mean, hey, the writers did acknowledge that this ship is out there in "The Cutie Re-Mark".

Childhood friends and Meek and Tough thing going on

Indeed. It is cute.

Childhood friends is a nice foundation for sure. The whole growing up and developing deeper feelings is always a wonderful way to transition into something more. But there's a lot of people who grew up as friends and simply stayed best friends. I think it's more in the way they interact (I mean RD busting into Fluttershys bedroom like that and her following reaction was total gold). They also balance each other out in all sorts of ways that would help a lifelong relationship work. Dash is the bold strong speedster who can take care of her fillyfriend when the going gets tough and Fluttershy can help Dash slow down and enjoy the little things (Butterfly migration anyone?). Dash also has been shown to be able to lift Fluttershy up and encourage her to be less shy and show everypony just how good she really is. The way they bounce off each other makes them the easiest pairing for me to write and they are a lot of fun to tell stories about.

They are also crazy cute together and that counts for a lot in my writing of them.

I don't, I'm just in several ship groups.

I like the opposites attract aspect.
It also reminds me of a GF. I never considered her that shy, but she told me that she always felt stronger, or more confident in social situations with me. I imagine that Rainbow would do much the same with Fluttershy and give her the courage to perform. Conversely, Fluttershy might be a tempering agent on Dash and make her less boastful.

JWR

Also very true.

JWR

Also, it is quite adorable.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11