FlutterDash 2,591 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I am posting here trying to gauge the interest in the possibility of me writing a Flutterdash wedding fic. I'm a long time Flutterdash fluff writer and enjoy placing these two cuties in everything from calm easy dates to a war-torn Equestria setting.

I've recently published Pegasus Promises and 2 years ago I published a story about their honeymoon. I've had someone suggest that I write about their wedding. I can't remember reading many stories that detail their wedding or much of a ceremony at all. However, I recently did read a Lyra & Bon Bon story that ended in their wedding ceremony and it was beautifully done. That got me thinking... Flutterdash?

I already have some good ideas on pegasus weddings. I also can think of a few things to spice it up a bit (gotta have a bit of good ol' drama going down), after all, vanilla weddings can be a bit boring (I know... I shoot up to 30 in a year, its crazy how things can blur together a bit).

If anyone likes the idea of them getting married, and has an idea that could be added to the mix, I'm open.
Right now I'm still undecided over actually writing a story that features their ceremony, but I have considered it several times over the last 7 years of pony. I also like the idea of Scootloo being taken on board as their adoptive daughter (and then they also raising one of their own... because, Equestrian magic..)
So...

Is there a lack of interest in seeing our two cuties getting hitched?
Or,
if I did write a Flutterdash wedding fic, would you read it?

Dude (or Dudette), I wish there were more FlutterDash wedding stories out there. Most of the FlutterDash stories I've seen usually consist of them either falling in love, dating, or being mare and wife. Seeing a new story involving them taking the in-between step would be very refreshing. I've actually tried my hand at writing a couple, but due to unexpected factors, they've been delayed somewhat. In any case, I am certainly for you doing that.

(Btw, do you or do you not think that Fluttershy would be a bridezilla about the whole thing?).

Go for it. This NEEDS to happen.

Daaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

3 votes of confidence already? Thank you.
If this continues to get more interest then I'll consider putting my big story on hold for a little bit to make it happen soon.

I agree with you, I've read a ton of Flutterdash stories and feel this is a hole in the collection of stories that could use some adding to. I've also long felt like my involvement in the wedding industry and some of the antics I've seen could be of use in making something rather epic.

Bridezilla? Possibly. I rather think that Dash would have her little lazy moments about the whole thing and it being so much work that Fluttershy is likely to have her moments where she gets stressed out and has a Flutterrage moment. I often hear of the bride doing a lot more of the work in preparing the big day, in fact, I've even shot several where the groom apparently did none of the work and just rolled up to get married and enjoy himself.

Glad that I was able to get you a vote of confidence. Hopefully, it won't be long before you decide to do this project.

Incidentally, you say you recently saw a Lyra and Bon Bon wedding fic. By any chance, have you seen these two?:

Lyra And Bon Bon Screw Up

Twilight Sparkle Vs Bridle-Zilla

The way I see it, the more inspiration one gets, the better the story.:twilightsmile:

I shall be sure to read them both, interestingly enough I have been yet to find either of them, so thanks. I'm thinking somethings gotta screw up crazy big time and since I might as well start the story with Dash popping the question to Fluttershy...
I'm thinking of involving Cheese Sandwitch working with Pinkie going overboard together in their planning while Dash is busy with a Wonderbolts tour and Fluttershy ends up getting swamped at home. Then add in looking for their recently adopted Scoots and we can have some good old (cute?) chaos.

I hope you do make this because it sounds awesome.

Yeah, I think those two stories will give you ideas, And oh, you're one of those who like the "Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash adopt Scootaloo" idea, huh? And speaking of chaos, any chance that a certainly draconequus is going to get involved? I mean, even those against FlutterCord would think it'd be wrong if Fluttershy didn't invite him.

I have fluttershy and dash adopt scoots in more than one of my current stories so yep. (See ‘our daughter’ as the leading one)
Also, if course discord gets in. He seemed sorta pro Flutterdash I the latest short film so I’m certainly thinking of ways he can ‘help’ rd and have some fun.

There are so few I've read and fewer that I found interesting enough... of course that was long ago. Doing a vanilla wedding limits what you can do to make a more meaningful story out of it, because honestly perfect weddings without the drama (not necessary intense stuff here) is boring. As far as what to do you can of course do the whole ceremony, events leading up to the story, the several hours or days before... there's quite a bit you can do to make it more interesting.

I lol'd at the Bridezilla mention. Considering how incredibly laid back Dash can get... that could possibly get Fluttershy to rage so hard. Their friends might cause trouble too if they get so involved in everything going on or steal the thunder.

That aside you can consider them resolving past issues between each other, fighting inner conflicts... etc

Glad you're one of those who'd like the idea of Fluttershy raging over the wedding. It could actually be an amusing way to show her taking that lesson she learned from "Fluttershy Leans In" too far. Of course, a funny gag would be if the others wonder if she might be a Changeling that's still bad.

You know, I've actually been developing a particularly funny scenario in the event I ever wrote a FD wedding story with Fluttershy in 'bridezilla' mode. It's based on that Lyra and Bon Bon fic I shared earlier mixed with an episode of "WKRP Cincinatti" I saw: Pinkie Pie takes a beautiful picture of Rainbow and Fluttershy for the wedding invitations which she then sends to be made, copied and then distributed to everypony invited. Unfortunately, upon seeing it, it's revealed that there was a mistake and the shop used the wrong picture on the film: one that probably doesn't even have Rainbow and Fluttershy on it!:rainbowlaugh: You can probably imagine how FlutterRage might react to that.

Skip The Wedding! Go Straight To The Offsprings! (At least, that's what I would do if I were to read a wedding story because I hate weddings.)

Anyway, I feel that I should point this out. A LOT of these comments keep focusing on how it would make a great scene for Fluttershy, but by making Rainbow Dash look bad. If there is way too much focus on that, then that is a terrible, TERRIBLE idea. (Although people seem to LOVE making Rainbow look bad so it makes Fluttershy look good, so don't take my word for it)

If there is going to be a 'Bridezilla' moment for the wedding, there needs to be equal compelling arguments on both sides to show that they indeed are a fit for each other and not make it feel like only one of them is doing literally everything. Everyone is saying Rainbow Dash is always laid back. But she's definitely not lazy enough to work on something, even if it is a wedding. (Even Rainbow helps Rarity with sewing dresses)

So if there is gonna be a compelling drama, I believe it should focus more on what they think is the perfect setting for a wedding, but their different interests and likes make it seemingly impossible to do both. Examples: Fluttershy: "It should be held in Ponyville because that's where we live." Rainbow Dash: "It should be held in Cloudsdale because that's where we were born!" Fluttershy: "We should invite all the adorable little critters to the wedding too! (Large and small ones proceed to wreck havoc as everypony fears them) Rainbow Dash: "We should have a thundercloud set to go off the second we make that final kiss, making an awesome flashy ending!" (Storm winds messes up everything else)

And as for Discord, too huge of an advantage for Fluttershy. That's cheat mode. Think more about their parents, and dare I say, Fluttershy's brother...

I don't know about raging but there's quite a bit that can happen that'll get them both flustered at each other. Though for the sake of argument the same could happen with Dash.

It's much too easy to make Dash look bad because of her personality sometimes. She's laid back and has that chill attitude but that's not to say she'd do nothing. She's more likely to keep her composure while Fluttershy sweats the details, worrying about this or that too much. Although you could argue Dash would fret over the details wanting everything to be perfect, cool, and awesome. Of course it makes sense there's gonna be conflicts on the aspects of the wedding planning i.e the food, the entertainment, the theme... etc. You can make a decent drama out of that or even a cute, funny story.

And yeah just focusing on Dash "ruining" things makes for a incredibly one-sided story without going in much depth into their characteristics and personality.

Yeah, did almost forget about Zephyr. A funny moment could be while RD and Flutters are going over the invite list, Rainbow realizes "Oh no! We'll have to invite him!"

You left their honeymoon incomplete. And sure I won't mind reading a story where they get hitch.

Do it for sure!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20