FlutterDash 2,595 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

I saw a post on Tumblr by SATails calling for a resurgence in the Flutterdash fandom & group. by that, he meant fans that would be willing to interact with the community. That's why I'm here I've recently joined up and want to participate & make friends. Y'know get the ball rolling and such?

What can we do to make this a more inviting group to participate in?
Why do think Flutterdash kinda died as a relevant ship? was it the writers losing interest or the fans not caring? I think it was "Chicken or Egg Situation".

Maybe you could tell me the your favourite Fanfic or the one that got you into this ship. My answer to both of those was "Ponies in Love" by "The Queen Baby". (...Still waiting for the next chapter to that BTW.)

Well, welcome! Hope you have a great time here!

I don't know how to make this group more interesting. I just don't know if story contests or the like would work at all. I personally feel it is still relevant myself. The whole mixture of super shy and totally well almost totally outgoing works so well. I think for some it became spitdash. As for the story I don't see it on here nor remember what it was called, but it was long and spanned from first date to when they decided to have foals, though for e rated it was more a glance over to later in life.

I meant relevent in terms of popularity.

For popularity, I think a lot of people see fluttermac as the true ship. Them both being shy and all.

I never really shipped Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash before, but they are my two favorite ponies. (And the show supports it with Applejack saying "Flutterdash" in The Cutie Remark)

(I did, however, ship Riptide and Azazel from X-Men: First Class, and I would have shipped Chrysalis and Sombra if the former was capable of love)

I'd like to read stories on that someday, as long as they're E-rated

I coud be wrong on this but I heard that Big Mac & Cheerilee were a couple in the show.
Also I don't recall about hearing of any interaction between Big Mac & Fluttershy.

Also, I think Fluttercord really blew up as a popular ship after "Keep calm & Flutter On" and their many interactions since then what with them living together. It's the Fluttershy ship I see most of.

Flutterdash is no less popular than it was. Clearly many people ship it. But merely shipping it doesn't drive one to write about it.

There wasn't on the show as far as I know, but people like to ship them.

I think the FlutterDash ship is not dead. Many people make fanarts, fanfics or videos and songs about it. Yes-yes, not too much, like everyday minimum 5 content. But it's good, because quality is better then quantity. And I can say, most of FlutterDash content is very good and unique.
Yes, we can say that the last two seasons had many FlutterCord moments, but any of them not as good like the FlutterDash moments-in my opinion. Again yes, many people ships intensly the FlutterCord ship, but sometimes many people can be wrong, no?
And what would make better our FlutterDadh community... I think we need Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, Facebook groups where we can keep in touch more deeply. We could play games or talk together, helping each other etc...

All valid methods of social interaction. Maybe we could set up a discord server. With the blessing of the admins who could feature it on the page. But I'd like to say for the record that I even appreciate interaction on this level.
Thank you kind sir.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders gave Bic Mac and Cheerilee a love potion/poison making them fall in love with each other with nearly disastrous results, until they reversed the effects. Afterward they pretended they were still in love to sorta get back at them

Spoilers for the latest season
Big Mac ends up dating a mare from Starlight's old town.

Anyways, if it's died down some (and it certainly hasn't died out), then I think it's because there haven't been many Fluttershy-Rainbow Dash episodes lately.

I used to promote Flutterdash a whole lot more. Not sure I would now outside of featuring them in my writing.
They are still a brilliant ship and I think they are one of the ships that works the best together out of any pairings I could pick out from the show (although personal preference, I like Tuna more now). They compliment each other beautifully and we have seen in more recent seasons just how well they know and care for each other.
My top Flutterdash reads that I would recommend are on my page under Highly recommended Flutterdash, such as Off The Edge Of The Map.

Nowdays I just wish there was more people writing it as I could always do with reading more (I even see more Cadence/Shining Amor stories posted than Flutterdash this year and they're what I would consider a minor ship despite their legit status on the show). But it seems a lack of major Flutterdash interactions on the show + the getting together type stories being done to death has led to a big slow down over time so Flutterdash appears like its quiet and has died down when in fact theres still a lot of support.
As someone who has written a fair bit of Flutterdash in the early years, I still can only see Fluttershy and Dashie with each other and no pony else.
But it seems that the bulk of those writing Flutterdash consistency in 2012/2013 when the fandom was exploding, such as myself, have largely moved on or stopped posting so much.
I for one would like to write more, but its finding the time and then finding the spark to write well. And I want to write about them as an already established couple with more going on than just friends becoming lovers.

Anyways, thats just my two cents.

And I want to write about them as an already established couple with more going on than just friends becoming lovers.

I'd really love to see this more often in stories, especially those with them raising a child. It's a shame that stories like that don't seem to attract much attention, even from this group. The story that I'm currently working on has received far more attention than my foal raising one. And although it isn't exactly the main focus of the plot, it does still have major focuses on Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy and will involve them getting together.

I'm still working on it and am still very excited to share it with everyone. I'm just a really slow writer... Otherwise, I still see a fair amount of activity for both stories and fanart for these two lovebirds! Whether shipping or friend-shipping, I love seeing them together!
Source

Where you get that image?
Its not a part of my several thousand Flutterdash images collection. Must have this....

And I may have to give a few more of your stories a go.

I posted a source above the image. It's only like, 3 days old.

Was that there before? :derpyderp1:
Reading How to start a family, Its hilarious. But Fluttershy, an animal caretaker not knowing where foals come from? ...bit of a stretch.

Please post comments about my story, in the story. This forum post is not the place for it.

was going to ... after I finished reading it. Guess I'll hold such things to myself in future.

I'm just saying because I don't want this post's topic to be completely shifted around to something else. Especially when it starts getting unrelated.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21