FlutterDash 2,595 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

I have recently seen the next episode, "Discordant Harmony" online. Unfortunately, from what I saw, it's going to bolster FlutterCord fans. I've noticed that there has been a great deal of episodes recently regarding Fluttershy's relationship with Discord, but at the same time, episodes that cater to we FlutterDash fans have been scarce. I mean, sure, there was a moment between them in that episode where Fluttershy wanted to build an animal sanctuary, but aside from that, there really hasn't been much. It's making feel a bit nervous about our favorite ship. Does anybody have anything encouraging to say?

Here's your 'encouragement': there's no competition going on, no one's got a 'leg up' on anybody, and no matter what happens in the show or who likes other ships, you can still read and write all the Flutterdash stories you like. Therefore, there's nothing at all to be nervous about.

Fluttercord is hardly Flutterdash's greatest rival in any case. That would be Twidash, which last I checked is the most popular Dash ship.

Yes, but what do you suppose is the most popular Fluttershy ship?:raritydespair:

Yeah. That doesn't really help.:applejackunsure:

Fine. Turn a completely recreational thing into a miserable fight about who's got the 'best' ship. Pretend you're doing battle and be nervous about losing the fake fight. You get to do that with your time if you for some reason choose to.

Well, considering the fact that Discord is the Spirit of Chaos, he's literally made of Chaos energy. Which is why he almost disappears when he stops being chaotic (and also why he can literally take his eyes out of his head to roll them, and transform himself into whatever shape he wishes). This means that he cannot copulate with Fluttershy (and actually, he shouldn't have any emotions since he's got no brain to secrete the necessary chemicals) so as long as the writers don't do anything extremely stupid (don't hold your breath, though) it shouldn't really effect us too much.

I do want to see more Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash episodes, because those have (almost always) been really great. The chemistry between the two is phenomenal, which is why I started shipping them in the first place. It's funny, because most people just ship two characters they like, but I shipped FlutterDash before I even liked them both. xD That's just how well they work together.

Also, about TwiDash, there's literally nothing with which to build any sort of (healthy) relationship upon. Liking ONE series of books does NOT make a functional relationship. Literally all they've got is headcanon, and they have to take both characters OOC in order to make it work.

Why not? That's what dozens of other shippers do.

Think of it like this. How long has it been since Spike has had a crush on Rarity? Since the beginning, right? They've even had quite a few moments together. Yet, them being together has never actually happened, despite the way Rarity talks to Spike. And Rarity continues to chase other stallions.

Also, popular ships with those two have been widely accepted, even without them being each other. One key difference about these two duo's is, one clearly shows crush while the other only shows friendship. But even affection doesn't guarantee it, like we saw with Big Mac with Marble Pie, and Twilight with Flash Sentry.

So yeah, nothing is over until it is confirmed. (Heck, even after it was confirmed, people still write Big Mac ships with other characters.)

Well I'm still catching up to the latest episodes, but for the sake of a good discussion here we go:

I would say Discord is seeming to fit better with Celestia than Fluttershy, I can only see Discord and Fluttershy working as friends... I dont think a deeper connection would work out well at all. He would burn Fluttershy out. Celestia is Discord's opposite in many ways and is far tougher. I can see her order mixing well with his chaos to bring more fun into her life while keeping him on the ground a bit more and helping him mix with the wider pony community (he seems to be lacking in major friends outside Fluttershy).
Among other things he would outlive Flutters while Celestia and he dont have that problem. Also theres the problem of Discord's magic and spontaneity. If he lived with Fluttershy that house would not be big enough for both of them and the animals and we all know how much Fluttershy loves her animals.
I also think Discord being brought back must have had something to do with his history with Celestia. Something must have happened for her to know there was good in him and that his chaos was manageable. Celestia always has a lot of reasons for why she does something and Discord giving her nick names on the show, flowers and other such loverly moments (rare as they are) I think are largely stronger in terms of a connection to hint at something more compared to than Discord's ties to Fluttershy as her friend. It annoyed me though that when the changelings captured the major ponies, he only saw red when it was mentioned about Fluttershy. It would have been a nice touch for him to say something about his Kaykay. Ive seen in more than one place that KayKay means Beloved. That was the best moment in the guys night for me btw.
Oh go, I think theres probably something slowly building in the background between those two more or less immortal beings. Since time is no barrier to them, I can see them being a mixture of taking it exceedingly slow and then all of a sudden something happens and something big happens, true to Discord's chaotic nature.

Dash and Fluttershy grew up together as we well know, are best friends and I have enjoyed seeing that come through on several of the episodes late in Season 6 (only just onto early Season 7 at last). Is it just me or over the course of season 6 has Dash shown that she really can read Fluttershy and that the two have a great longstanding relationship? Its those deeper ties that I see that make me think that FlutterDash is still by far the best way for these two to go.
In saying that, we did get a greater volume of Flutterdash hints in the first two seasons I think. Despite how old those two seasons are now, thats still where the bulk of the fan fiction here I know of is based off. There were just so many moments back then. But I think that nowadays, we are getting more in depth moments. Some are quite subtle, but it shows the two really care for each other greatly. Quality over quantity you know :pinkiehappy: But it doesn't matter how many moments a ship gets for people to support it, despite the numerous great hints of Flutterdash in the earlier days, its not the most popular, despite how great they work together.
As someone who has mostly moved onto DisLestia and Tuna there is room for me to pick other Fluttershy/Dash ships, but I still only see each other as their best options, even on the show.
But hey, Ill see what I think of Season 7 as it progresses and see how many good Flutterdash moments we really can find there.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

3 things I don't want to get involved with: politics, religion, and shipping wars.

I've made my thought over this matter abundantly clear in the past and will not repeat myself again.

I will say that if it does ever happen and it does become canon... whatever lots of ships still exist despite them not becoming canon and some are more popular than the official ship in other fandoms and this one would be no different. As in it will still go on and I will still ship it.

Ayy, it's alright, fam. None if the mane 6 are actually getting paired into relationships, so until Applejack gets onto a relationship with Bloomberg, we got nothin to worry about.

Comment posted by Rainbowgirl96 deleted Jun 27th, 2017

I'll do you one better. Even if there is a canonical marriage, ship it anyway.

Comment posted by Rainbowgirl96 deleted Sep 15th, 2017

I am nervous too, about this kind of "Fluttercord" episodes or hints. Yes, I am scared about this, but I think it's pointless and only our emotions playing with us. Because we are emotional living forms and we can't (or hardly) take negative feelings. It's makes us worry and nervous. It's natural and we have to "fight" againts it or prove our thougts.
And where are from this negative feelings? I think from other peoples, or lets say in our situation: fans. We are jelous, angry, sad about the FlutterCord fan's joy. Or it's just too annoying to see them shipping a I think not workable ship. It's like they follow a lie, that thinks our mind/soul. In my opinion, I hate it, when FlutterCord fans spamming the comments or websites with their favourite ship - and sometimes with too much emojis. But we are humans, we hate and love things, it's normal.
And now about the FlutterCord ship... I think they are just friends. They will be only friends, because:
1. Discord. He is a too chaotic person, a anti-hero. He almost occupied Equestria three times! Three times! (yeah, we can say the "Equestrian army" is the worst. But maybe they had break in that time periods.) He is a negative character. Yes, you can tell, that he was converted by Fluttershy, but he still a selfish asshole (sorry, but I don't like him and any other converted character). In the season six end, when Equestria was danger, he didn't cared. He didn't cared! Only when he heard that Fluttershy was in danger. And I have to ask, a this kind of character supposed to be Fluttershy's lifemate? A selfish, chaotic, anti-hero thing? To the kindesst person, to Fluttershy? I think no, It would hurt Fluttershy and Equestria - because who knowes, another world end enemy appaers and Discrod teleports him with Fluttershy to his dimension, leaving Equestria to decay.
And of course: Discord didn't had any friends before! He does not know what is friendship! Not talking about love!
Can we ask you would be perfect to Discord, and I think its Princess Celestia. I think it's a more logical ship, a princess with a mythic chaotic creature. They are opposite from each other, but with properties which would work together. She could handle him. And what I saw from the seasons, Discord is trying to flirt with her, but in basic way, because he didn't know what is love. And who freed him from the rock prison? Of course, Celestia. Maybe she had/have a plan, to get him. Make him free, convert him then catch him.
If you didn't belive me, just see the little hints about them, example: Discord gave a flower to her, he changes his face to Celestia etc... And I heard that the voice of Discord supports the Diselestia ship. So that means the team is supporting it and chance is big to they came together.
2. Fluttershy's and Rainbow Dash's relationship. They are the oldest friends. They knew each other in every deep. Their relationship saved Equestria, when Rainbow Dash helped Fluttershy againts the bullies and won a race againts them (season 5, final episodes). That means without a important FlutterDash moment, Equestria would be different, in a very-very bad way. Like I said, they knew each other from a long time, thay had more time to know each other, while Discord only had 3 or 4 season, with only one-one episode? What do you think, which have more chance to became a deep relationship?
And the chemistry between them is workable. A cute, calm, kind, caretaker, earth living pony with a fast, brave, proud, sky living pony. Opposite, but in a good way. Fluttershy would calm and care Dash, make her more self-controlable. While Dash would teach Shy how to stand for her, how to be brave when needs. They would support, love, teach each other. The teach is important here, because a relationship teach us something new, something good. Yes, it present in a the FlutterCord ship. But this important thing only work, when they teach each other and not only one is the teacher and the other the "children".
I think the FlutterDash ship is one of the best ship, which could or will work. The characters knew each other, they help each other, they trust and honor each other. And they are very loyal ponies, so cheating or anything will be impossible. Discord is chaotic, he is not a loyal kind of person. While Dash yes and Fluttershy too. And of course, Dash would save the world, while like I said, Discord no.
And If I knew well, one of the comic writer ships FlutterDash, and If Hasbro allows him (I think it's possible, because today's world is multiverse and the feminist/LGBT words are loud...) the FlutterDash will be canon. Again, If I knew well, Dash's voice actor said: "Dash would choose Fluttershy". So, our loved ship has a very-very big chance to became canon.
And why it is important to became canon? Well, to calm down our soul and emotions. Yes, everybody ships what wants, but with canon, it's more calm and safety. My favourite and only ship is RainbowShy, and I really-really hope, that It will be canon. But truly, I want a long life to our favourite ship, whats make us happy and worry :)

The FlutterCord, FlutterDash or other ships are like fire. Fire which burns. It need wood, to burn more, because they would die. But the quality of wood is important. And I can say, the fire of FlutterDash gains the best quality of wood :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

There needs to be another episode about their past, if they were friends in flight school, why haven't we seen a lot of development between them this season?

Hey, now. Just because I'm not into FlutterCord doesn't mean I don't like seeing Discord whenever he appears. Not all of his interactions are with Fluttershy. Personally, I'd like to see him interact with a certain alicorn, if nothing but to see how things have developed between them. And for the record, he's not as much as a selfish jerk anymore, as the episode in question shows.

I just remembered. This is the only canonical kiss Discord's actually gotten!

I understand the sentiment of worrying about Fluttercord being more recognised as the canon ship for Fluttershy as opposed to Flutterdash. It's really stupid when I think about it. A few months ago I was going through a depressive faze brought on by my Mum having severe lung disease. Finding out my favourite ship being less likely to be canon a being much less accepted by the larger community Kinda compounded onto that.

It was the shittiest I ever felt and to think a large chunk of that was brought on by the realisation that two fictious colouful horses weren't in a relationship. This is the first time I've told anyone because If I told any of the people I trust in my own life. that isn't to say I have bad friends and family, I'm very fortunate to have very supportive and understanding people in my life. Even now I think it sounds stupid but I think it had something to do with this community being my escape from reality and my method of escapism felt like a lie. I don't think it was the thing itself but what it represented to me. I know all this ship comparison stuff is all relative and insignificant but it brought me no comfort because it was the feeling of my escape had been taken away
BTW, I'm better now I talked about my mental state but only talked about the worry for my mum & the feeling of isolation. I have an awesome support network. (I'm not clinically depressed I was just going through a rough patch at the time)

So yeah, a stupid thing to get so worried about but it's only natural to put some personal investment in this stuff. sorry, I went off on a tangent there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23