FlutterDash 2,597 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Has anyone ever wondered about the names of the houses each of the Mane six have?

Applejack's place is Sweet Apple Acres.
Rarity's place is Carousel Boutique.
Pinkie Pie's place is Sugar Cube Corner.
Even Twilight with both her places. Golden Oaks Library, and now the Crystal Castle.

What about Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy? Has there ever been a name for their place rather than just, Rainbow's cloud home, and Fluttershy's cottage? Or if there hasn't, has there ever been any nice fan names given, mentioned, or something you thought up?

Not sure if this is an appropriate topic, but I wanted to bring it up since it was specifically about Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I just found it really odd how those 2 specifically don't have names for their places.

Edit: According to Loganberry, Rainbow's place is actually called the Cloudominium. Still no word on Fluttershy's though.

Fluttershy's Cottage sounds like it could actually be the name of the place.

Not so sure about Rainbow's home though.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Fluttershy's house is the love shack and Rainbow's home is the mile high club.

Rainbow's place is the Cloudominium. The name hasn't been used in the show (I think) but it has on merch and in books, so it's official to that extent. I usually just called it the Cloud House until we started seeing other cloud houses like Dash and Shy's family homes. I don't think Flutters' place has any sort of official name beyond "Fluttershy's Cottage" but I could be wrong.

Cloudominium eh? Well, to me, that sounds a lot better than just calling it a cloud house. And since it's from official merchandise, I think I'll start calling her house by that name in my stories.

Still, that leaves Fluttershy's place with no name other than 'Fluttershy's Cottage'.

For Fluttershy anyway, I'd say "Fluttershy's Cottage" would be fine. (It's like a cottage we'd stay in while we were skiing. It was The Cottage.)

Fluttershy's place is called "Fluttershy's Cottage" in canon (the CMC call it that) and in the merch. The gameloft game calls it "Fluttershy's Cabin."

The other houses have proper nouns because they're either businesses (AJ's, Rarity's, and Pinkie's) or government buildings (both of Twilight's). Dash and Fluttershy just live in regular houses and I doubt very many people give their house a name other than "[person]'s house/place/apartment" so why would they?

Considering the mystery on how the heck Fluttershy gains Bits to tend to all the animals she takes care of in her cottage, I didn't think that would be seen as living in a regular house...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9