FlutterDash 2,595 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36

Spoilers for Hard to Say Anything follow.

One of Fluttershy's most popular alternative ships, Big Mac, is off the list. We are one step closer to total domination.

YES! TOTAL DOMINATION WILL BE OURS! :pinkiecrazy::flutterrage:

5947211 Yes, now we just have to get rid of all the others!

Remember, our biggest rival is FlutterCord. We just need to see some signs of Dislestia.

Soon we will become the ultimate ship!:pinkiecrazy:

5947470 Yep. Celestia with Discord would be the best thing ever.

Source

No More Discord! Yay!

Its good news.
Ive been wishing they would get rid of Big Mac somehow from the 'available' list since forever.
Hence why i also used to ship Cheerliee and Big Mac.

This news is great!
Now if they are adding more romance to the show (even just small bits) then maybe they can venture out and do Flutterdash.

Total dominion huh? Is that really necessary?

Personally, I ship Flutterdash, Appledash and Fluttercord at the same time...even though they all contradict each other. Just because other ships involving Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash exist doesn't mean one cannot ship them as well as Flutterdash.

Yeah, I get that, but for some reason, shipping them with anyone else just doesn't feel right to me. I've read the "Bride of Discord" series a few times, and despite how well-written and popular it is, the FlutterCord parts upset my stomach.

I don't like FlutterCord or Dilestia.

SmoozCord forever! :raritystarry:

5947694 Understandable. I too have a lot of ships I cannot tolerate. One of those is SoarinDash, though mostly because the only reason he seems to be shipped with Dash in the first place is because he's a male Wonderbolt that she was dancing with at one point. I guess that could work for a crackship story or something, but that ship is bloody everywhere!

However, I'm not bothered by rival ships unless they're canon. If I feel like it I can read a Appledash story or a Flutterdash story depending on the mood. Since neither ships are canon is reality relative.

Besides, love triangles can be fun to read sometimes. Heck one of the things I've wanted to read for while now is a story where Rainbow Dash and Discord compete over Fluttershy's affections. Maybe I'll write one someday when I don't have my hands full with my Spider-Dash story.

5947673 Not dominion, silly. I don't seek control over all ships, I'd go mad with power within the minute. I seek the domination of all other ships that Flutterdash may take it's rightful place on the shipping totem pole—reigning over them all.

Besides, FlutterDash and TwiLuna are the only two couples I really actively ship, so any step we take is a good one.

5947766 Dominion, domination, my head didn't connect that those were two separate words. I'm Swedish and English is not my first language.

Also...what?:rainbowhuh: So you don't want to rule all ships, but you want to reign over all ships...WHAT?!:applejackconfused: How does that even compute?

5947796 I don't want all the ships to bent to my whim, I only want to make sure that this one ship gets what it deserves.

5947802 ...okay...I guess that makes sense.

Never understood the buzz for FlutterMac. But at least that's one competitor down... >:)

5947534 If only... Personally I'm finding fics where they're already a couple much more interesting, even if it's just the beginning of their relationship.

5947900 I want more Foal Raising stories with them!

No, it's not done. Those who like the Fluttermac ship will still write and cheer about it. They will still find ways to write around it, delcare not their fannon, or have her die in a lawn fire to make way for the Fluttermac ship.

To be fair...we'd do the same thing if Flutters got cannocally shipped with anyone else but Dashie.

5947986 People do that even with Shining Armor and Cadance, having them shipped with somepony other than each other. (Usually Chrysalis or Twilight in my experience, but not just them)

This shipping isn't done, but the rivalry is. That's what I think it's referring to.

5947989 I guess o should have specified. I'm well aware that the shipping is not over, I'm not that naïve.

Uh, don't forget their interactions in "Rainbow Falls", of course, I think "Newbie Dash" may have taken a little air out of that one's sails.

I like the idea of a FlutterDash vs FlutterCord story too. Of course, if I did write one, I wouldn't want to feel bad for Discord, so I'd get him together with Celestia.

5947900 Same. I pretty much don't read stuff where its focused on them getting together anymore, unless it looks amazing. You can do so much building on a already established relationship (and so many people seem to miss that...) and so thats where my upcoming stories are focused. Although aside from the honeymoon story of mine, I'll pretty much only have Flutterdash as a side ship here on in though.
For some reason I like the idea of Flutterdash already established and helping Twi and Luna either get tougher or build on the beginning of their own relationship.

Woudn't be that sure. There is another FlutterCord focused episode in two weeks. Seeing how much the show staff is ship teasing fluttercord and how much they ignore interactions between Dash and Fluttershy; It is safe to assume that FlutterCord will become the new SugarBelle in this fandom.
Is like MarbleMac laughing at CheerileeMac misfortune not realising that they both are goint to sleep with the fishes at the bottom of the ocean.

Hey, now, there have been some cute interactions between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. True, it was pretty bare in Season Five, Season Six did have a few gems, like "Flutter Brutter" (sorry if I don't recall the actually name) which had them singing a duet, as well as the episode (I forget the name) where Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie turned out to be pros at Hoofball (again, sorry if the name was wrong). I know that the episode that introduced Rainbow's parents was leaked, so I have to ask, were there any interactions between Rainbow and Fluttershy in that one?

I know that the episode that introduced Rainbow's parents was leaked, so I have to ask, were there any interactions between Rainbow and Fluttershy in that one?

Apparently it wasn't leaked and rather, Canada is showing 2 episodes a week instead of one. And sadly, Fluttershy doesn't seem to appear in the episode at all. It's mostly Rainbow and Scootaloo though, so I'm happy!

The latest one had a major focus on Applejack and Rarity.

Sage of the Leaf
Group Admin

Domination is what I'm hoping for

5947964 I wish there were more but those are extremely rare apparently. Most of the few foal-raising stories that this ship has are Scootaloo adoption fics. I tried to make one myself but ended up abandoning it. The moment of birth can be the most life changing experience for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash as they hold their child for the first time.

5948550 Yeah I hear you. I've stopped focusing on getting-together fics. I definitely agree with you there. It really does give you a lot to work with and you can bring in so many more fresh ideas. I'm thinking of branching out and trying something different this Summer.
The idea of Twilight getting romance advice from Rainbow Dash could be hilarious. Most people (well in the Flutterdash group) do the opposite. Rainbow Dash's advice and Fluttershy's advice might be very different... :derpytongue2:

5950535 Well, my second latest story had them raising a changeling, which they didn't know at the time. Unfortunately it didn't get nearly as much attention as the latest story I'm working on now, which is, 'somewhat' about them getting together, but that's not the entire focus of the story.

So if that has any evidence, people love 'getting together' stories more than 'raising a foal' story, at least in my experience.

5950535 Absolutely. But egghead has 0 experience in relationships whereas I figure that beyond Rarity who has probably dated a little bit, no one else in the group would really have any experience. So for Twi to find out that two of her friends are in a relationship and had been secretly dating for some time, they must be doing something right. Especially when I also have Luna come to Fluttershy and ask (having seen her dreams about Dash by accident and wondering if something is going on). And this happening while Discord and Celestia are figuring out relationship issues and what they can do about a hidden foal they had well over a thousand years ago before Discord turned evil. Its gonna be a really fun story (I think) Once I get the time to write it, hopefully later this year.
If you do write some more, i for one will be keen to read it. I havent read anything of yours in far too long..

Reason why Discord and Fluttershy would never work anyway.

"Fluttershy's in trouble!"

Discord: "I'LL VAPORIZE YOU ALL INTO THE NEXT DIMENSION!!!"

___

"Twilight's in trouble!"

Discord: "Oh, she can take care of herself."

"Twilight is dead..."

Discord: "At least Fluttershy is safe."

Fluttershy: *Teapot steam whistle*

Evident by Tirek and Chrysalis where no care for safety was shown to anypony else.

That actually look like an evidence that Discord like Fluttershy as more than friend since Mane6 and princesses are less improtant for him to risk his life for them. On the other hand Rainbow Dash doesn't show any special affection to Fluttershy and even gets outright annoyed by her.
So I really don't get what are you trying to convey here. Discord changed his life for her in S3, had remorse because of her in S4 finale got jealous because of her in S5 and risked his life for her in S6, and in the next episode will transform himself to appease her. That's the closest we're going to have to anything remotely romantic when it comes to Fluttershy character.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. Sure, Discord has a lot of care for Fluttershy. The problem is, all his other care is completely isolated out with that. If anypony else was in danger, he wouldn't care, which was shown with the Tirek episode and Chrysalis.

Unlike him, Rainbow Dash actually does care for more than just Fluttershy, even through the annoyances. One prime example would be The Sonic Rainboom episode, where, despite Rarity practically stealing Rainbow's spotlight throughout that whole episode, Rainbow Dash pulled off something she could never do for the longest time to save her. That's how much she cared.

On the other hand Rainbow Dash doesn't show any special affection to Fluttershy and even gets outright annoyed by her.

Not only is this wrong, but she actually shows more affection towards Fluttershy than any of her other friends. For example, is there any time Rainbow has openly hugged any of her other friends minus group hugs? Because Rainbow has done that a few times with Fluttershy. Hurricane Fluttershy and Trade Ya are a couple examples.

There are also hints that she cares far more for Fluttershy than any of the others. Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 is a prime example, where she not only took the time to wake Fluttershy up for Cider Season, (Something she not only neglected to do for her other friends, but also something they neglected to do for her and Fluttershy.) but also let her go in front. And if you want a more recent approach, she went with Fluttershy to visit her parents, despite the annoyance of Zephyr Breeze!

Despite that care, Rainbow doesn't isolate it completely to Fluttershy like Discord does. In the Equestria Girls Movie, she was the one to demand that if Twilight goes into that human world, she and the rest of her friends go too.

Now if you want to use evidence like 28 Pranks Later to claim these false, let me remind you that Fluttershy's favorite pet is Angel Bunny. Despite that abusive attitude, why is that I wonder.

5952842 You still just named examples that ANY mane6 share between ANY of the mane6. Even Rarity and Applejack who have like 3x more interactions in the series than FS and RD are still in the platonic frinedship spectrum. For this show and these writers to catch on a secific ship it will require a one character acting and doing special things just for the other character.
If we had Dash risking life for her friends but ESPECIALLY for Fluttershy or had her act jealous for her or panic when she visit her, then there would be no doubt that she is interested in more than just frinedship. But Rainbow Dash indifference toward Fluttershy which is comparable to her indifference to other mane6 members make her a really non visible shipping potential in Fluttershy shipping. Only Discord shown these qualities so far and their S6 finale hug with blushing kind of cemented it in the eyes of new writers. Because it is no longer just Discord having one sided crush on her but also Fluttershy possibly returning it. On the other hand we have no established attraction from Rainbow Dash toward FS nor FS toward Dash.

5957368 And you just ignored everything I said... I provided examples of both the special interactions that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have, while showing examples that they don't ignore the other importances of their other friends. For someone like Discord, if you had someone who would do anything and everything for you while ignoring the importance of other things, you're not really having a friend, you're just having a stalker. Especially if that 'friend' would send another one of your friends to another dimension because of jealousy. I'm not saying Discord has no special attention toward Fluttershy, but the amount he isolates that and what he would do to keep that is both unhealthy and dangerous. (If one of Fluttershy's friends suddenly turned evil and attacked Fluttershy, Discord wouldn't hesitate to outright kill/banish them instead of figuring out what caused them to be evil in the first place, like if something was possessing them.)

And like I said, I've already established special interractions between them:

But if you want to base things purely on attraction, well, what happened to this?

And if your answer is, 'they could be related' then my answer to Fluttershy and Discord is, they're different species, which is why Rarity and Spike to this day has never worked.

Now before you get any ideas, the point I'm trying to prove is that just because they're related, it doesn't automatically mean that was the reason they didn't work.

New episode pretty much implied that FlutterCord might go the romantic route. It doesn't look like the show writers care about their different species. This might be even seen as progressive if they going to make them canon. And unlike LGBT pairings, Hasbro can allow it since it's still a straight ship between two adults.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36