FlutterDash 2,595 members · 1,424 stories
Comments ( 59 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 59
NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

Yes, I admittedly stole this from the TwiJack group. :P The idea is to list moments between the two throughout the show's run. Things they said to each other, physical contact, and so forth.

Just be sure to add which episode every moment was featured! Whether or not we go in chronological order is okay. So that any moment that was missed or a new episode comes around, we can easily add it in. :pinkiehappy:

:yay::heart::rainbowkiss:

I'll throw a few in to get us started. :twilightsmile: If I miss any from either episode, feel free to mention them.

Dragonshy:
(Okay, okay, hear me out.)
~Despite Rainbow Dash's annoyance at Fluttershy slowing them down; she still didn't want anything bad to happen to her. She pretty much agreed that Fluttershy should have stayed behind.
~Rainbow was visibly impressed at the way Fluttershy stared-down the dragon by the end.
~Fluttershy teased Rainbow at the end, but it was affectionate, good-natured teasing.

Sonic Rainboom:
~The two were spending time together in the opening. Even with Rainbow's discouraged reaction to Fluttershy's lack of volume in her cheering; she was still spending time with her.
~Rainbow Dash admitted that while Fluttershy's cheering wasn't at its best; she did still say that Fluttershy was a great supporter.
~When in Cloudsdale, Rainbow was openly expressing her fears to Fluttershy before their friends showed up.
~The titular event not only had Fluttershy cheering louder than she ever did; but Rainbow was smiling and teary-eyed.

The Cutie Mark Chronicles:
~Fluttershy reveals in her flashback that filly Rainbow Dash defended her from bullies who were picking on her. It was implied, though not explicitly stated, that it was the first time they'd met.
~Rainbow Dash later proudly refers to the race as "defending Fluttershy's honour".
~After Rainbow told the story, Fluttershy cheerfully expressed that it was because of the Sonic Rainboom that she'd earned her cutie mark. In turn, Rainbow smiles at her in a touched manner.

Hurricane Fluttershy

-Dash was doing this for more than her own ego, she wanted to break Fluttershy out of her funk and make her love flying as much as she does.

-Dash kept believing in Fluttershy no matter what.

-Fluttershy was willing to put her all into that flight for not just Equestria, but for Dashie.

NintendoGal55
Group Contributor

Green Isn't Your Colour
~Rainbow Dash is seen pulling an advertising banner with Fluttershy on it. She's also smiling as she does it, which could indicate that she's very happy for her.

Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000
~Rainbow Dash pulls off the covers from Fluttershy, to which the latter blushes and covers her chest pointlessly.
~For reasons unsaid, Rainbow not only seems to do this with Fluttershy every year, but she cuts her in on the hoard of cider.
~When they get there, even though the line is ridiculously long, Rainbow still lets Fluttershy go in front of her.
~Even though she was cut off, it's very likely that Fluttershy was going to offer Rainbow some of her cider.

The Royal Wedding Part Two

-Fluttershy is stared down by three Rainbow Dash changelings. Just as they are about to attack, the Real Rainbow Dash reveals herself. After disposing of the threat, Rainbow Dash floats really close to Fluttershy with a smile.

3291024 Actually, she kissed her on the nose.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Dragonshy

~ The fact that Rainbow Dash knows that Fluttershy is afraid of her own shadow and is concerned about that kind of shows that even before the Cutie Mark Chronicles, at the start of the show Rainbow most likely knew Fluttershy better than the other 4 since it never crossed their minds. That's how I viewed it at least when I set my shipping goggles to full power.

Secret of my Excess

~ When Fluttershy screams after the rampaging Spike takes her chicken coop Rainbow immediately knows that it's Fluttershy, unlike Applejack who didn't know who was screaming. She also has an intense, concerned look on her face. Shipping goggles at full power still.

~ When Rarity is captured by Spike Rainbow and Fluttershy both try to free her, despite Fluttershy's known fear of huge Dragons (Though since it's Spike it's not surprising that she's not that scared since it's a dragon she knows) and when Spike attacks them they both hug before falling into the water. After resurfacing Fluttershy immediately looks at Rainbow to see if she's ok. Goggles still at maximum power.

~ Alright this is one I can take the goggles off. When Rarity and Spike are falling, Rainbow grabs Fluttershy to help her save them. Which is odd considering that she's saved multiple ponies on her own like in Sonic Rainboom and even Mysterious Mare Do Well two episodes earlier. When they land Fluttershy is elated and Rainbow is giving her a "Yeah I knew you could do it" look and to prove that she's looking at Fluttershy and not Rarity. The next scene with them after the Wonderbolts depart clearly shows Rainbow looking up at Fluttershy. To me it says that even though Rainbow coudl've easily saved them on her own, she didn't and instead took an opportunity to boost Fluttershy's confidence...and it worked. I don't need the shipping goggles to understand that scene...because whether it was romantic based or friend based doesn't matter...the fact is that Rainbow helped Fluttershy out and made her happy...

~ Alright Shipping Goggles back to full power. The fact that Fluttershy managed to keep up with Rainbow at the high speed she was going at says something. The odd thing of somehow Rainbow managing to get one end of Rarity's cape in Fluttershy's mouth...with the other end in her mouth as well...and that brief moment of Fluttershy stammering for a second with her eyes wide in realization to what is going on and what's happened...before looking nervously at Rainbow with a smile might suggest that Rainbow took a quick peck to get that cape in her mouth...especially after Rainbow gives her a sort "Don't say anything or mention this to anypony ever again!" kind of look...and finally...a hilarious out of context moment. When Pinkie Pie says "Somepony DO something" Rainbow immediately says "On it!" and grabs Fluttershy...who looks nervous and scared...which has led to some hilarious pictures on the internet that brighten my day up. Like I said...Shipping goggles at MAXIMUM OUTPUT!

Trade Ya!

~ Practically every damn scene with Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash...the end...there that was easy...

May the Best Pet Win!

Where possibly the only song plays that is a full on duet of just Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. The song itself also shows how dense Fluttershy can be at times, but also show how well she knows Rainbow Dash's qualities, even if she prefers her calmer qualities. Fluttershy prefers the calmer qualities, but in the end fully accepts the bigger qualities. And how many caretakers would allow their animals to risk their lives to earn the title of being a pet?

Party of One

This might be unconfirmed, but the fact that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy tried so hard to tell a lie to Pinkie Pie, in order to keep a secret from her. But in Too Many Pinkie Pies, we learn that that whole story of Harry's house is probably not a lie at all. The fact that Rainbow Dash knew all about that as well, but not Pinkie Pie, strikes me odd.

Read It and Weep

This is probably over analyzing, but the whole thing about Rainbow Dash's favorite board game is revealed there. Apparently Fluttershy and Twilight know all about it, but how did it ever come to be her favorite board game in the first place? It's possible that they probably played that a lot as fillies, and Twilight obviously never played her as a filly, so she must've played it with Fluttershy a lot back then.

I guess that'll do for now.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Missed a few with May the Best Pet Win!

May the Best Pet Win!

- The first freaking line to the song is Fluttershy singing "Now Rainbow MY DEAR I cannot express my delight!" How many times has she said MY DEAR to Rainbow? And the fact that Rainbow just goes with it shows that: A. She liked it. B. Didn't notice it. or C. Went along with it because the song demands it...reality wise it's most likely C but in show that won't work so it's either A or B...I like to think A.

- Rainbow refuses to let Tank compete but thanks to Fluttershy she changes her mind and lets him compete. Fluttershy also gives her a wink and that moment where the screen zooms in on Fluttershy's smiling face and you see her eyes shaking...which kind of suggests she used 'THE STARE' on her...and it worked...manipulation thy name is Fluttershy...

- The whole pet dynamic is pretty dang funny...Rainbow has a slow calm turtle that sucks at flying and Fluttershy has a brash speedy overprotective bunny...hmmm...subconscious desires...creator subtle ship tease...or possible foreshadowing in a shippers mind? And they say the "Opposites Attract" thing is nonsense...HA....

Canterlot Wedding Part 2/Pinkie Pride

From the moment Luna lands Flutterhsy and Rainbow are next to each and are dancing REALLY freaking close to each other...especially when they join Shinning Armor and Cadance on the dance floor. And in Pinkie Pride in the fifth photo on Pinkie's wall which reveals stuff we didn't see in that little montage...they're still freaking next to each other! They must've spent a good chunk of the party in very close proximity to each other. I don't know about you...but when two people/ponies hang around each other as often as the freaking bride and groom at a wedding party...that should be saying something...

If I wanted to really speculate I'd say it was because of that "possible kiss" in the battle...because it would make sense that they'd spend a majority of a wedding party close to each other after that right? Makes plausible sense but now I'm feeding speculation off of speculation...which I won't do and instead just say "Wow they're very close to each other throughout that wedding party..."

Keep Calm and Flutter On

- I would say Dash is a little overprotective of Fluttershy and sounds like a jealous girl/marefriend but unlike a lot of people I didn't really get those vibes...but I'll still mention it...Dash is a little overprotective of Fluttershy and sounds like a jealous girl/marefriend...

- Fluttershy calls Rainbow "Dashie" in the dinner scene...the first time she called her that and Dash didn't even notice or seem to mind. (Though seeing as how a creature of Chaos was in the room I'd think I'd overlook somebody calling me a nickname/pet name I didn't like for the first time as well.) Though why Fluttershy called her Dashie at that moment is what really strikes me as odd...

3366661 One more thing I like to speculate with May the Best Pet Win!.

Dragon Quest/May the Best Pet Win!

In May the Best Pet Win!, one of the pets that competed was a Butterfly, which Rainbow Dash appreciated its guts on. In Dragon Quest, she finds those Butterflies, boring. Perhaps the reason why she went to that Butterfly Migration in the first place was because of her influence with Fluttershy's animals. But it looks like only the ones raised by Fluttershy are awesome to Rainbow Dash. Either way, the fact that that photo exists at all says a lot for how Rainbow Dash seems to treasure those moments she hangs out with Fluttershy, or how Fluttershy treasures those moments, depending on who really took that picture.

Rainbow Falls/Equestria Games

I've heard people complaining about how they never see Fluttershy coming out of her shell, and at the same time, saying she is way out of character in Rainbow Falls. I think both of these have some sort of influence with Rainbow Dash, seeing as she is fully honored to be representing Ponyville for the Equestria Games. Not just that, but during the games, she doesn't break down in stage fright during them, despite how she was in Filli Vanilli. Hurricane Fluttershy shows that she's loving all of the attention she gets there at the end of the episode, so it sounds like because she's participating in these events with Rainbow Dash, she is enjoying these events much more than she normally would.

Daring Don't

Let's end with a small one. When it comes to something Rainbow Dash is really, REALLY looking forward to, the first pony she tells is Fluttershy.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Adding to your Rainbow Falls one.

Rainbow Falls.

- The fact that Rainbow chose Fluttershy to compete on her team says something and it especially says something when Fluttershy says "I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to quality for YOU and Ponyville." And the fact that Ponyville was more of an afterthought says she really doesn't want to disappoint and let down Rainbow Dash and she doesn't really care about competing for Ponyville...and I'll prove that later...

- After Rainbow rescues Soarin' Fluttershy praises her and says how proud she is of her and Rainbow is just soaking it up and surprisingly doesn't add to it or says something arrogant.

- When Rainbow gets "Injured" Fluttershy tells Rainbow that if they win they'll give her their gold medals to her she looks very touched and gives a very weak thanks. Also if that very odd situation came to happen and they did somehow win Gold Medals and gave them to her...whose do you think Rainbow would adore the most?

- When the truth is revealed Fluttershy doesn't seem to care that Rainbow lied to her and even encourages her at the cost of her team AND PONYVILLE...which proves that Fluttershy isn't doing it for Ponyville but for her and when she might be switching teams she doesn't give a second thought about Ponyville and supports her...and of course Rainbow Dash is again visually touched by this.

Games Ponies Play

- After Fluttershy says how the lady is so nice Rainbow tells her to watch it complete with raising her hoof to her muzzle and flicking it...and then smiling as she watched bounce like a spring in a very...odd manner...as if she really enjoyed that moment for some reason...

- Rainbow and Fluttershy give a hoof bump complete with their own sound effects...which suggests that it's like their own personal bump that they've done in the past enough times that Rainbow simply raising her hoof instantly tells Fluttershy they're going to do that bump...and considering how many times we've seen them do in the previous episodes it's quite possible and likely that they did it mostly when they were younger...

- When the 'Game's Inspector' darts off with the jar on her head Rainbow dashes out to chase her and Fluttershy follows close behind her...and once again manages to keep up with Rainbow...somehow...that Tornado training must really be paying off and we all know who to thank for that don't we?

MMMystery on the Friendship Express

- At the very beginning when Pinkie calls for some "Pegasistance." Rainbow Dash and Flutterhsy are funny enough flying in together at that convenient time. And they weren't flying in to help her since they had to be called in and the others had to be called as well. So why were they flying in TOGETHER? Where were they coming from? Where were they going before they were interrupted? Your guesses is as good as mine...

3366788 If there's one thing I absolutely hate about speculations, is when people look at one thing in a given moment, and ignore the rest completely. A lot of shipping moments do this as well.

One example is one of the moments mentioned previously, where in Cutie Mark Chronicles, they say that one moment is where Fluttershy tells Rainbow Dash about how that Rainboom earned her Cutie Mark, even though all the other ponies did the same thing.

Another example is the Canterlot Wedding where you were expressing that they were dancing together for a "LONG" time together, but there's no sort of interaction between the two. A better would be something like that moment Rainbow Dash was doing, whatever she was doing to Fluttershy in Equestria Girls, right after Twilight Sparkle was announced the winner of that crown. It's completely unique compared to the others.

The reason why I'm saying this is because of my example of this next episode.

Trade Ya

Possibly the most infamous episode in which Rainbow Dash has earned the title of Worst Pony in most fans' eyes. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people hate Rainbow Dash over the one scene in which she trades away Fluttershy, when there's so much more to that scene than just that moment.

Seconds after Rainbow Dash makes that trade, she openly shows that she realizes the terrible mistake that she makes. No pony else has to tell her about this mistake either, she realizes it on her own. So what does she do? She does something to stop it, before it becomes a huge problem.

Rainbow Dash goes to Twilight for help, but not because she's a friend who can help, but because she's the princess in charge of judging whether a trade was fair or not. And that final verdict obviously wouldn't have changed at all regardless of which princess was judging, seeing as Twilight was handing the verdict that it was a fair trade, and was gonna let Fluttershy be traded like that. I'm surprised no one is angry with the fact that Twilight fully allowed this.

The trader decided to call the deal off, not because of Twilight, but because of the way Rainbow Dash expressed how much a friend means to her. So even though Rainbow Dash decided not to go through with the trade in the end, people act as if she did, and hate her to the core for it, even giving more examples of her not deserving Loyalty.

The worst part is, MLP reviewers are mentioning this scene as well, and are ONLY mentioning 'if at all' the moment where Rainbow Dash trades Fluttershy. They don't give much thought on the moment where she stops the deal, and don't mention at all about what Rainbow Dash does to make up for this moment.

Near the beginning of the episode, Fluttershy mentions about how she wanted to trade that Bear Caller for a Bird Whistle, but decided to help Rainbow Dash first. In the end, Rainbow Dash says that she traded the Orthros for something WAY better, and that was that very Bird Whistle that Fluttershy wanted. As a way to express how sorry she is, Rainbow Dash helps Fluttershy get what she wanted. And this was done not because Fluttershy was angry at her, she never showed anger at all. This was Rainbow Dash alone who expressed this apology, not for forgiveness, only from the bottom of her heart, to stay true to her friendship.

This moment is not only a great moment between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but it also shows just how much Fluttershy has influenced Rainbow Dash, since everything that happened in that episode was between them alone.

But, all people see is just that moment where Rainbow Dash trades her away, and nothing else.

Well, that's gone long enough, I think I made my point about this episode. It has one of the biggest moments between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, that most people treat as a negative side instead.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

I didn't say they were dancing with each other but near each other. They were closer together in that 30 second scene than Rarity and Applejack and even the bride and groom for a good chunk of that moment. The reason I brought that photo from Pinkie Pride up is because they're still next to each other in bits we don't see. Which means there was more going on in that party than that montage revealed. It's so funny how we don't see any interaction between them when there most likely was in the background or off screen at some point which is where the speculation comes in. You don't spend that unspecified amount of time with someone/pony at a wedding party without some reason/interaction.

Cutie Mark Chronicles is more important than you might think. Yeah she and Rainbow have this kind of rescue romance thing but when you think about it...if Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash didn't have that sort of relationship or balance...then that wouldn't happen and no pony would have their Cutie Marks...or at least not get it all together in that contrived way. After Fluttershy said "If it wasn't for your Sonic Rainbow" thing I wanted Rainbow said "Well if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have done that race to do my Sonic Rainboom..." or something like that.

Oh yes...that scene...there's a reason I specifically avoided it when I mentioned that episode and just said "everything" because I wanted to avoid that topic. Well since you brought it up let me add my two cents.

One Fluttershy agreed to it...so it's not like it was against her will. Two the state of mind Rainbow was in was not really stable...she went through an entire day doing stupid errands to find her long time goal ripped away from her...she even breaks down and faints...only to wake up and go on a angry rant...Three her state of mind was so questionable that I don't even think she realized what was going on or what she was doing since the first thing she does after cheering is asking Fluttershy something like she wasn't apart of the trade at all...and then it hitting her after her she calmed down.

Also why the slavery thing? I don't think that shop owner would be cruel and make her live in like a chained cage in the basement or something with nothing to drink or eat...yeah it's servitude technically but then again you've probably traded some of your services for an object at some point in your life...like money for instance since that's technically an object. Overall it's a stupid argument between angry fans that I like to avoid because fanboyism is a dangerous thing...I should know...

Oh and let me add some more Flutterdash because why not.

Dragon Quest

- Rainbow Dash is really hell bent on getting Fluttershy to watch that Dragon MIgration with her to the point of trying to shove her out the door and dragging her.

- Why does she have that photo of her and Fluttershy at the migration....especially if she thought it was "boring." Because I so have pictures of myself doing things I think are boring...and if I do there's so not a hidden motive or meaning behind it whatsoever...

- Hilarious unintentional one where in that photo Rainbow Dash is looking at Fluttershy's flank. The only butterflies worth watching I guess in Rainbow's mind.

Filli Vanilli

- Rainbow Dash was really impressed and really liked Fluttershy's voice after she sung which I'm not honestly going to count since everypony else was impressed as well...but I'm still going to list it because I'm sure someone else would will eventually...although I will find it strange considering they sung a duet together and many other songs together and is just now noticing her awesome voice...

- I will say though that after Fluttershy's performance at the end with her natural voice, Rainbow is the first to congratulate her and is the first one on the stage going right up to her to say that...like she couldn't wait to tell her and had to rush the stage like an obsessive fan....

The Crystal Empire Part 2

- When Rainbow goes to do the Jousting she goes right to Fluttershy to help her. Even calling her "Knight Fluttershy" and the most hilarious of it being that when she's pushing her Rainbow's face is pressed right up underneath her against her...ehhh...area...and her wings pop out and start flapping as if acknowledging the Wing Boner theory...why yes Rainbow was "excited" to have Fluttershy help her.

- When the first round is over Fluttershy asks why can't somepony else do the jousting and Rainbow completely ignores it and sends her down a guilt trip to keep doing it. Why didn't Rainbow get another pony to do it with her...I know Fluttershy was the only pony left out of the Mane 6 that really wasn't doing anything but come on....you seriously couldn't find a Crystal pony that would volunteer or something? Seems like Rainbow really wanted to spend time with Fluttershy to me.

- When Fluttershy pouts Rainbow feels bad and agrees to take it easy on her...somewhat. Though funny enough she must already be taking it easy on her if Fluttershy managed to land safely on a batch of hay after Rainbow hit her. That took some serious aim and skill to get Fluttershy on that and shows that her safety was still firmly in her mind before they started jousting.

- At the end when they're all singing there's a moment where Fluttershy and Rainbow are flying and press there faces together slightly which looked cute and I'm surprised I didn't see many Flutterdash images emerge from that moment...or there was and I just haven't noticed them.

...our list is officially longer than the one on TV Tropes...

3367483 Well, what I was really trying to say is, if there's no interactions with them, or if all of the mane six are doing the exact same thing, then it really doesn't sound like a moment. I guess some people will look at the first pony being the one to start something as being a moment though, but whatever.

Anyway, about Dragon Quest, Rainbow Dash wasn't the only one bent on getting Fluttershy to watch that Dragon migration, Twilight was as well. Otherwise the other things you stated definitely counts.

Crystal Empire Part 2, the whole purpose for that jousting tournament was to liven up the Crystal Ponies' spirits, so asking a Crystal Pony to joust, kinda defeats its whole purpose. Otherwise, Rainbow Dash did have a choice among Rarity, Pinkie, and Fluttershy, and she chose Fluttershy. And wow, you are SO right about that next bit. Rainbow Dash causing Fluttershy to land on a soft Hay bed, wow... she did care...

Anyway, now let's add something else.

Hurricane Fluttershy

I could probably say a whole lot of things about this episode, but I'm gonna mention something for how this would tie to other episodes. Rainbow Dash knows a lot of the flaws about Fluttershy's abilities, and most importantly, her flying. Rainbow Dash has constantly worked with other pegasi when it comes to jobs, or orders from Twilight. She seems quite acquainted with them, and as Griffon the Brush Off suggests, Rainbow Dash most likely has other friends outside of the Mane Six.

Yet, despite all this, Rainbow Dash calls Fluttershy her number one flier. All the other pegasi in that hurricane duty had close to 10.0 wing power, and Fluttershy's best maximum ended at 5.0, yet Rainbow Dash still calls Fluttershy her number one flier.

The best part is that she is saying this to the Captain of the Wonderbolts. The Wonderbolts, a team that she has been dedicated to joining since the first episode, and she's passing her accomplishments in that episode to Fluttershy instead. We've already seen that Rainbow Dash is fully willing to give up on ever being a Wonderbolt if it means she can be with her friends, but this happened but this happened before she learned that part of her lesson.

I've really gotta stop repeating myself, because it makes it sound like I'm trying to really force it, but oh well...

P.S. what is the TV Tropes?

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

That I'd agree with you...and if I was going down that route I'd list every damn moment they were randomly next to each other...which is a lot...a whole lot. Funny thing...Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's coat colors are...it's been a long time since I was in an art class...Triadic Complimentary Colors? I think. Which means if you put Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash side by side...they'll be more appealing together than say Pinkie Pie and Rarity...which is why funny enough Fluttershy's eyes are a shade of Cyan and Rainbow Dash's eyes are a shade of pink...since it's in that Triadic Color scheme and they stick out. Which is why also funny enough the Yellow in Rainbow's mane sticks out more compared to the red and orange which can blend together especially if Rainbow is small on the screen.

Point is since they're colors work well together it's a major reason why they're mostly placed next to each other for seemingly no reason. Like in Crystal empire Part 2 after they're crystalized you seem them standing very close to each for like no reason...they're just there when previously they were next to other ponies...so why did they move together out of the blue? Because they look better together that way. So if you're watching the show and Rainbow and Fluttershy are like right next to each or across from each other it's for that reason. Hell their thrown chairs at the end of Season 4 are right next to each other! I would say that's a hint but no that's a creative decision...

Most of the time I don't care and shrug it off instead of listing all the times they're randomly next to each other. Though that wedding one really bites them in the ass because it's a wedding...and people are going to talk about why those two are always together. It's especially odd at how during the actual wedding Fluttershy is on the other side of the room with her bird chorus and once it's over and the screen pans from Shining Armor and Cadance waving Flutterhy is standing next to Rainbow and is between her and Applejack...

Why did she purposely walk from her area and then get in between both Applejack and Rainbow? Well obviously as stated before it's because they look good together compared to Applejack and Rainbow (no offense to Appledashers). But that's reality...in show though where that doesn't matter...why did she do that and then spend quite possibly a huge chunk with her in the after party? I mean if you were at a wedding and saw two of your friends constantly hang out at a wedding party what would you think? Like I said it's a creative choice they made three times (right after the wedding, the party, and then the picture in Pinkie's room that reveals more of what we didn't see) and it bites them in the ass in my opinion and I chalk it up as a hint.

Also one funny thing...the cakes are married...and funny enough they have a similar color scheme to Fluttershy and Rainbow...blue and yellow coats...see...see...the colors work together!

On your crystal pony "Defeats the whole purpose" thing...no it doesn't...there are plenty of shows and performances where the crowd can participate and join in... Magicians do it all the time...and wouldn't you think that male crystal ponies fighting together to show their stuff would lift their spirits? Of course it would...and about Twilight in Dragon Quest...yeah she was totally determined to make her go...she totally put forth the effort like Rainbow...she was just there as a "hey I want you to join me" kind of thing compared to Rainbow who was "You're going to join me because you owe me and we're going to spend time together!" Thing...and she got attacked for it...

Now we need MOAR FLUTTERDASH!

The Last Roundup

- Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy pull a wagon chasing Applejack. It's funny how Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash together can keep up with a four stallions and it's especially awesome when Rainbow looks at Fluttershy and says "Come on Fluttershy!" ...they're even able to raise the whole cart together above a train...it's not much of a hint but it shows that they can awesomely work together and easily I might add.

- The real hint. Fluttershy actually makes Rainbow cry from what she says. Even though it's about Applejack I don't think Rainbow would react the same way if Twilight said that instead of Fluttershy. It's true what they say...Fluttershy can open up Rainbow like nopony else and reveal a softer side.

Equestria Games

- Towards the end Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are sitting together...no Bulk Biceps anywhere...and clang their medals together...it's funny how Rainbow didn't win the Gold medal but didn't seem to care...and was perfectly happy with a Silver medal...and was happy to share that moment with Fluttershy instead of gloating on her own...

Magic Duel

- After figuring out the Alicorn necklace (can't spell Amulant at the moment) is the cause of Trixie's Power Rainbow Dash IMMEDIATELY devises a plan that involves Fluttershy and claims she has "The goods to get into those woods" complete with a wink...hmmm what other kind of "Goods" does she have Rainbow?

- Applejack questions if Fluttershy can handle the mission but Rainbow is completely confident that she'll do it despite her refusal and fears...it shows she has a lot of faith in Fluttershy...and when they're putting their hooves in the center everypony is looking at Fluttershy....but Rainbow is giving her a half-lidded look like "come on...you know you can do it" or somewhere around those lines.

- The fact that Fluttershy was dressed up as Rainbow and could perfectly mimic Rainbow's mannerisms says she really knows Rainbow a lot if she can recreate her looks, attitude, and sync up with her after having little to no time to practice that little routine.

3369430 *Brain explodes from so much color contrast logic...*

What I was saying in Dragon Quest, both Rainbow Dash and Twilight try to convince Fluttershy to go to the Dragon Migration, but in two different ways. It's pretty much a repeat of what we see in Secret of my Excess, where Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were speaking in two opposite ways to get Spike to drop Rarity, except Spike is replaced with Fluttershy, and Fluttershy is replaced with Twilight.

Okay, I've gotta stop talking about this, because I am getting WAY off topic now...

Swarm of the Century

More small moments. After they get the Parasprite ball rolling back into the Everfree Forest, Rainbow Dash flies up to Fluttershy, to which Fluttershy offers her hooves as a certain, hoof bump, I guess, I'm not sure if you can call it that. But the action hurts Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash shows a concern in her face, making the impression that she didn't mean to do that, rather than being annoyed by her.

Also, I'm just gonna throw this out there, but after seeing more parasprites in her house, Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack are clearly angry at Fluttershy for this, but we don't see Rainbow Dash, and instead see her coming up with another solution, possibly meaning that she was probably the only one not angry with this, but it wouldn't be something I'd go with, even if I want it to.

Spike at your Service

After Spike says that the Roar was spot on from that fake timberwolf, Rainbow and Fluttershy hoof bump there, like it was an idea brought by them together or something.

Magical Mystery Cure

Fluttershy is extremely depressed. She can't make anypony laugh anymore, and she doesn't know why. She is so torn by this, that she is fully ready to leave Ponyville, and move back to her hometown of Cloudsdale, already paying Cheri Berry for the hot air balloon transportation. Yet before she goes, Twilight tells her that Rainbow Dash needs help with taking care of her animals. But Fluttershy doesn't know anything about animals. And despite that her life is practically destroyed, Fluttershy is fully willing to help Rainbow Dash with her animals anyway.

(Wow, that last one just sounded really awkward...)

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Yes you have a point but last time I checked Rainbow Dash just THREATENED spike and that's it...she didn't actually do anything to show her determination....with Fluttershy however there was much more force and determination....so...friend in Danger...empty threats...Fluttershy won't watch Dragons with you... "AW HELL NO YOU COMING WITH ME!" *forcefully drags*

Sonic Rainboom

- Can't believe this wasn't mentioned before but when they're in Cloudsdale and Dumbbell is doubting her ability to do a Sonic Rainboom...Fluttershy actually defends her and says she will do it...even CHALLENGING them to show up...all for Rainbow's sake.

- When they start laughing at Fluttershy's feeble requests, Rainbow immediately looks angry that they're doing that before they fly off and once Fluttershy doesn't seemed to be bothered by the laughing she shrugs it off and then starts to go into self pity.

- Rainbow Told Fluttershy before they reached Cloudsdale to be more assertive and she does...for Rainbow...she even flies up to her happy after they leave and tries to seek praise from her by pointing out how assertive she was...for Rainbow Dash...it would be interesting to see how Rainbow would've reacted if she didn't start wallowing in self pity...oh and when she does Fluttershy looks concerned.

- Unintentional Irony/Character Growth But later when it's revealed that those same ponies bullied her as a filly it's a little heartwarming to know that this time it was Fluttershy who was standing up for Rainbow and not the other way around.

Over a Barrel

- At the beginning of the Episode when Rainbow is talking to Pinkie she for some reason mention's Fluttershy's name instead of somepony else or using some other sarcastic remark.

- When Twilight and Pinkie are scolding her for thinking she's a tree Rainbow looks guilty for calling Fluttershy a tree and most likely regrets calling her that.

- Upon Hearing the scolding Fluttershy seems to rush in out of nowhere...as if in her defense...and says she'd like to be one...defending Rainbow and approving her idea of her being a tree...and stating a meme.

The Best Night Ever

- At the end of the episode when they're all in the Doughnut shop Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are next to each other (Of course...the color thing) and when Twilight is talking about Friendship makes things better Fluttershy and Rainbow briefly glance at each other with smiles on their faces. Then Rainbow says "Hanging out with Friends" while pointing to Fluttershy. She should've said "Hanging out with Fluttershy."

Feels like we're now scrapping the bottom of the barrel for Flutterdash hints...but still longer than the TV Tropes page and that's what makes me happy...and I forgot about this earlier but here's the link to the TV Tropes "HoYay" My Little Pony page which lists romance hints and moments between a good chunk of the characters...and like I said ours is longer...yay... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HoYay/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

3369608 Okay I gotta say, your take on Over a Barrel and Best Night Ever is WAY too forced, but the Sonic Rainboom moment was Spot On!

Anyway, I'm gonna stop doing this for now because I gotta get back to writing my story.

But before I go, I'm gonna leave one thing to wrap your head around.

Between the Mane Six, has Rainbow Dash ever openly hugged another one of her friends, besides Fluttershy, that wasn't a group hug?

(If you're confused by what I mean, Pinkie hugged Rainbow Dash tightly in Wonderbolt Academy, but Rainbow Dash wasn't returning it. I think she's only openly given hugs to Fluttershy out of the Mane Six, but someone prove me wrong if they can.)

Hurricane Fluttershy has a hug moment.

Trade Ya has two hugging moments.

Secret of my Excess has a hugging moment out of fright.

Just saying, major one to me:

Return of Harmony While trying to uncorrupt Raibow, Fluttershy asks her if she can hold her down against her will. This is normal Fluttershy behavior, but when she raises her hooves to do it, then sets them down to ask, before she does so, she looks at Rainbow and seems to think about it for a second. Then during the chase, Twilight reminds her that if Fluttershy doesn't speed up Discord would win. Then, knowing that she wouldn't have her Rainbow back she yells, "THAT BIG,DUMB, MEANIE!" And speeds off.

Ok I don't really know if this counts seeing as there's no interaction behind this and can't really be considered a moment but here goes: In nearly every episode where we get a clear view of the living area of Fluttershy's cottage a paticular painting has always stood out as screaming 'subtle FlutterDash hint' that being the painting of the Butterfly and the Rainbow.

Now I know that when held up this seems transparent as nothing more than a background decoration but can we honestly say that any other paintings like this involving defining aspects of any other ponies exist in the homes of the others? Like I said I'm not sure if it counts but it was something that stands out in my mind.

Equestria Girls There is probably quite a few more in this movie but mainly I noticed
that during the "Cafeteria Song" Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy sang "we are different then the night is from the day" while running down the cafeteria together and it was so cute and also true! Does anybody else have some Equestria Girls moments? It is the pretty much only MLP FIM thing not covered here besides the season 4 finale.

Comment posted by Rainbow FlutterDash deleted Aug 21st, 2014

There is an excess of episodes where Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are seen next to each other, which to me is more proof of their love than anything. It is especially common in finales and premiers.

- The Best Night Ever As stated by someone else on this forum, Flutters and Dash sit next to each other at the doughnut shop at the end, and Rainbow points at Flutters when saying "hanging out with friends".

- A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 Again as stated by somepony else, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash stand next to each other during the party at the end.

- The Crystal Empire Part 2 During the Success Song at the end, Flutters and Rainbow fly up and sort of "snuggle" each other in the air.

- Magical Mystery Cure Again, during the end song (Life in Equestria) Rainbow and Flutters are next to each other.

- Twilight's Kingdom Part 2 Once again During the final song (Let the Rainbow Remind You) Flutters and Dashie are next to each other, this time the are flying around each other playfully, after giving each other a hoof bump. (As has been stated by others on this thread, this is only one of many hoof bumps that they commonly give each other throughout the series).

There are dozens of other times in finales, premiers and normal episodes where Rainbow and Flutters are seen flying, walking, talking, or simply standing next to each other. More commonly than any other ponies (except probably the CMC, and maybe the Apples) Of course much of that could be explained by the fact that they are the only two Pegasi of the Mane Six, but it still seems odd. Also it is almost completely confirmed that they are best friends, being the oldest friends of the entire group, it seems unlikely that such different ponies would be such good friends unless romantic love was involved. But that's just my opinion of course.
Then there are of course special cases, most of which have been covered by this forum. The most shippy episode for any ship ever is of course Trade Ya! Which luckily for me shipped my two favourite ships: Flutterdash and Rarijack. (I don't ship Rarijack though, because of Sparity) Some of the episodes I noticed where these:

- May the Best Pet Win! During the adorable Flutterdash duet, AKA the Find A Pet Song, Flutters boops Rainbow on the nose, yet the tough pony doesn't mind at all and just keeps singing.
Another thing I noticed in this episode was when Rainbow Dash lists the qualities she's looking for in a pet, she says "Speed, agility, guts, style, coolness, awesomeness and radicalness. Twilight comments that the last three are the same thing, and Rainbow tells her that's why she could never qualify as her pet. But during the Find a Pet Song. Fluttershy says they're looking for a Pet who is "one who is awesome as cool." thus suggesting that, unlike Twilight, she understands what at least Rainbow believes is the difference. Again suggesting that she knows Rainbow really well, and despite their differences she understands her better than anypony.

- Hurricane Fluttershy Fluttershy is upset a second time after figuring out she only can reach 2.3 wing power (as opposed to the required 10.0). Despite usually being annoyed by less athletic ponies and being a tough and strict trainer, Rainbow encourages her, telling her she did awesome. But even that doesn't cheer up Flutters, and she still flies away, upset. Spike tells Rainbow it's okay, and that they'll still have plenty of wing power to lift the water up to Cloudsdale, which is what Rainbow has been desperate to do the entire episode, but she doesn't seem to care any more. Twilight, Spike and the other ponies around them walk away, but Rainbow stays starring after Flutters and says "If on there was a way to lift Fluttershy out of the dumps." Showing that she cares far more for Fluttershy than even her pride. (Which is considerable as any brony or pegasister knows.) Later as the Pegasi try to lift the water to Cloudsdale, Fluttershy over comes her fear (In a shipper's eyes for Rainbow's sake, to anyone else at least partly for Rainbow's sake) and joins the tornado thus giving them the strength they need to lift the water. After they are done Fluttershy is still spinning and Rainbow stops her gently with a cloud, and then hugs her sweetly and gives her a high five with her wing. Spitfire complements Rainbow Dash, but instead of taking this opportunity to boast in front of the leader of the Wonderbolts, she gives the credit to Fluttershy, once again proving Fluttershy matters more to her than her pride, or even the Wonderbolts.
Before Trade Ya! I always thought this was the most Flutterdash episode ever! :heart:

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

I don't really want to bring Equestria Girls into this since it's technically an Alternate Universe and not the Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash from the show we know so well. However since they are essentially the same characters just humanized you could argue otherwise but anyways I'll just point out some moments I noticed.

Equestria Girls

- When everyone is at what I'm assuming is that unverse's version of Sugarcube Corner Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are sitting next to each other on the couh...because of course as stated before the color thing they'll look better next to each as opposed to others. Funnily enough that was immediately after they all reconciled and became friends again (Though it was never explained how everyone was at odds with each other so I don't know what problem they were having but whatever it was resolved...somehow.) so I had to laugh somewhat that the first thing they do after making up is sit next to each other.

- After Twilight is announced as the Princess of the Fall Formal Rainbow immediately glomps Fluttershy...and I swear to god she's copping a feel on Fluttershy because look at her hand placement and look at Fluttershy's reaction as she looks down at her hands....oh Rainbow Dash...come on...I know you're impatient but that's coming on a little too strong don't you think?

- During the keep away scene after Rainbow gets the crown she tosses it to Fluttershy of all people instead of someone better suited to keep it away from them like Applejack or Rarity who were clearly near Fluttershy and in the clear just as much as she was...but no...in the heat of the moment and desperation the one person Rainbow trusts the most is apparently Fluttershy or at least she's the first person that comes to mind.

- Not really a moment or anything put I'm just going to put it anyways but Rainbow and Fluttershy where holding hands in the circle and after they broke away and made that weird heart thing in the air Rainbow is looking directly up at Fluttershy and never looks away or even blink...

- The only real moment I think I'll count but apparently back in the pony world after Pinkie does her long explanation that surprised Twilight, Fluttershy looks up and Rainbow and she in turn looks down at Fluttershy and smiles...which...I don't know take that as you will...and finally when Sunset Shimmer is being chased by Twilight and everypony pops their heads out of their rooms Fluttershy and Rainbow's Rooms are right next to each other and everypony else is on the other side...hmmm...is that 'Private' Side of the hall or am I just really over analyzing it?

Oh whatever...that's the moments I noticed in Equestria girls...

rainbowfalls episode about the trading thing

EVERY SINGLE BIT WAS A FLUTTERSHY CANNON MOMMENT

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Time to add more fuel to the fire perhaps?

Tanks for the Memories

- The episode after the intro starts off with Rainbow in Fluttershy's house to have her look over Tank. It's kind of interesting to note that there is a confirmed vet's place in Ponyville as seen in "Secret of my Excess." So the fact that Rainbow took her pet to Fluttershy must show something. Not much, since it would make sense to take Tank to her since she originally owned him but still...the first pony Dash turned to was her.

- At the end Fluttershy says to everypony else to leave it to her and both assertively and confidently goes to deal with Dash's problem. And not once until sometime later does she show a sign of backing down or breaking down...which shows that she's getting stronger as a character and one of the ponies she's doing it for was Dash. ...Also it was hilarious to note that Fluttershy knew exactly what to do to help her and Applejack was...not useless just not very helpful...

- Eventually Fluttershy hops on her bed and asks if she feels better after her outburst. That is probably the only time ever we'll see Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in bed together in Rainbow's home and by god...I was snickering when I saw that...especially the brief look Fluttershy gave Rainbow that was almost seductive at one point.

- When Rainbow continues crying, Fluttershy finally breaks down as well after seeing how much her pet means to her and is the only pony there crying for her sake. Rarity says she's crying because she can't stand to see Fluttershy crying (Rarishy and Flutterdash in one scene? Love Triangle anypony?), Pinkie's crying because Twilight isn't crying (Twipie maybe? ...ehhh whatever...), Twilight isn't sad at all, and Applejack is...I don't know...crying on the inside for some unknown specific reason? Point is Fluttershy was the only one really caring for Dash at that moment or at least the most. At one point you can actually see her wings around her...again I don't think we've seen that before and I don't think we ever will again.

- To prove my point above Rainbow says "It's ok Fluttershy..." as if knowing herself that Fluttershy really is the only one crying over her or for her sake. Plus everpony else quickly got off the bed apparently when she said that...but Fluttershy is still there right next to her with tears still in her eyes. She's still like right next to her, tears still in her eyes, when she's getting off the flipping bed. Can say "Dawwwww"?

Rainbow Rocks

- Really don't want to do this because I feel the EQ universe should get it's own thing or whatever....but still. Fluttershy writes songs for the band which Dash started and I guess you could say she really got into enough where she wanted to actually contribute because of her. If not she at least she at least is doing it for her as she constantly seeks her approval throughout the movie. Doesn't bother asking anyone else for a second opinion or a group vote and instead only seems to care about her opinion. (Though she does thank Twilight at one moment even though she seems to be more interested in another person's opinion...to the point where she's looking at said person and camera pans over to said person.)

- Rainbow Dash eventually does agree to play one of Fluttershy's songs, without her bringing it up by the way, and the reaction Fluttershy gives is just...interesting to say the least.

- At the very end when Twilight is leaving and you see the group in front of the statue, Fluttershy is clearly holding on to Dash's arm...almost in the same vein that Rarity was holding onto Applejack's arm in the first movie. And above all Dash doesn't seem to notice, care, or anything like that...she clearly looks over to look at Fluttershy's hands on her arm before the scene changes and seems to know she's holding onto her and yet doesn't care or maybe likes it.

So there...I added some more fuel to the fire...or maybe my shipping goggles are on maximum overload...I just felt the need to list these for the sake of... cataloging? I don't know. Anyways here's to more Flutterdash and Season 5 and beyond!

Time to revive this thread by bringing a past episode up again.

The Sonic Rainboom

Something that I realized that I don't think people looked at was the part with Fluttershy's cheering. Yes, when Rainbow Dash pulled off the Sonic Rainboom, she was cheering the loudest, but when you look deeper into it, it sounds really sweet on one side, but very dark on another.

You remember the time where Rainbow Dash says: "Oh yeah, I did that too." after Rarity talks about how Rainbow Dash saved her life. It almost sounds like performing the Sonic Rainboom was more important to her than the fact that she saved Rarity's life. But the crazy thing is, it's the exact same way with Fluttershy.

After the Sonic Rainboom was performed, Twilight, Pinkie, and Applejack were all stunned by the sight of the Rainboom, while Fluttershy was cheering so hard that she had performed it. She was cheering on nothing, but the Sonic Rainboom. She doesn't mention at all about Rainbow's success in saving Rarity's life. Just like Rainbow Dash, it was practically second nature to her.

In conclusion, it sounds like, besides Rainbow Dash, the Sonic Rainboom meant more to Fluttershy than any of the other Mane Six. And this is Fluttershy. She really loves the rainbow THAT much. Rainbow's success was more important to Fluttershy, than Rarity's life.

Or I could just be looking to deep into this.

Rainbow's success was more important to Fluttershy, than Rarity's life.

Yes.

Return of Harmony

I realized that Rainbow Dash denying Fluttershy's request to 'hold Rainbow Dash down against her will' was pretty much represented as her being discorded. Would she have let Fluttershy hold her down 'against' her will if she wasn't discorded, then? :yay: Might be forcing this a little bit, but it sounded cute, and I've been thinking about it. So I decided to go ahead and add it.

3367483 I would like to add something in your filli vanilli
or whatever the spelling is..
I like it when Fluttershy runs outside after being terrified by Pinkie Pie (I mean seriously Pinkie Pie was literally climbing the wall while she scares fluttershy) Then and AppleShy vs FlutterDash comes in, when fluttershy runs out, the first 2 who went out were Rainbow Dash and AppleJack.

Sage of the Leaf
Group Admin

Damn, you beat me to it. I was going to make a new thread :flutterrage:

5134415 Can still make a thread about it. :yay:

Sage of the Leaf
Group Admin

If fanfiction is to believed, then Fluttershy doesn't need to try to be seductive. Her demeanor is apparently enticing enough.

Just realized, in Trade Ya!, Rainbow Dash sells Fluttershy... and then buys her back. So does that mean Rainbow Dash owns Fluttershy now?

So... in 'A Hearth's Warming Tail',

5234049 That moment made me squeal with delisht. I can only think Iknow why she had mistletoe on her ear.

Sage of the Leaf
Group Admin

It probably wasn't very big at all, but Fluttershy comes right out and tells Rainbow that what she did was amazing, and that she was inspired in Friendship Games.

More of a RainbowShy moment. It still counts, right? She grew additional Eyelashes for this!

On a side-note... I hated this episode.

Uki

5234049 FlutterDash confirmed. It's OK Rainbow, you're allowed to be lesbian. :twilightsmile:

I wish this thread would be more active. Maybe if it was a sticky thread or something, it wouldn't keep dying. After all, I think other posts are talking about these canon moments instead now.

Anyway, more food for thought about Trade Ya.

In the episode, Rainbow Dash mentioned that, for that first class Daring Do novel, (Don't remember the exact name) she was gonna trade her most prized possession for it. I remember getting into an argument that involved this a while back, saying that rusty horseshoe, which she calls her lucky horseshoe, probably wasn't her most prized possession. But a thought comes to mind.

If that rusty horseshoe really is her most prized possession, then that means, Rainbow Dash ultimately traded her most prized possession, to get Fluttershy a bird whistle!

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

If that rusty horseshoe really is her most prized possession, then that means, Rainbow Dash ultimately traded her most prized possession, to get Fluttershy a bird whistle!

She didn't trade the horseshoe to get Fluttershy a bird whistle, she traded the Orthros for it. Which is evident in the dialogue when Pinkie asks, "Hey, where's your double doggie?" and Rainbow responds "I traded it for something wayyyy better!" She traded her horsehoe for a challice...a very fragile one at that.

Ultimately, she still arrived with something (of something that had some kind of value to her) and then left with something of equal value for Fluttershy with nothing for herself (only gettting that Book from Twilight after the fact). So you could say she started with the horseshoe (which has some value to her) and ended with something of value to Fluttershy (Which honestly doesn't say anything because she obviously never intended to trade the horeshoe to get anything for Fluttershy and it was just the results of the day that drove her to do that). However, saying that she traded her horseshoe for the birdwhistle is technically incorrect. I see what you're saying, but I think you just phrased it wrong.

5591968 That's why I said, 'ultimately'. I was referring to the end results of that trade when I mentioned it.

She initially wanted to trade her horseshoe for a book. The multiple trades she did would eventually lead her to that. But instead, it ultimately ended with her trading the traded items, to get Fluttershy a bird whistle.

The fact that she ended up trading away her most prized possession and she 'didn't' get what she wanted in the end, but was still happy getting Fluttershy what 'she' wanted in the end and being so happy for that, was the point I was getting across.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

However, as I said before, it doesn't mean anything because she didn't walk into the trade thinking of trading the horseshoe for something for Fluttershy or getting anything for Fluttershy at the start. It was more of the results of the day that changed her mind like when you walk into the store to buy one thing and then leave with something else entirely. What matters isn't what you start and end with it's the process of how that happened. So the end result of Horsehoe ends with birdwhistle doesn't mean anything, but how it started with horsehoe and got to birdwhistle....which is the episode essentially.

Plus, I think it means more that her overall end goal of getting the book was meaningless next to Fluttershy which is better than the horseshoe. She basically walked into the trade with something of value and wanted something of greater value and forgo the object of greater value to please the pony more important to her than any of that....which is why she was happy to leave with essentially nothing and would've been fine if Twilight never gave her that consolation prize.

5591983 Well, whatever. I wasn't really trying to state why she would do that. I just wanted to state about the ends results that came from the bird whistle itself. Sure it may mean nothing, but what would it mean to Rainbow and Fluttershy? Like one day, they reflected on memories of the items they got and how they obtained it. The fact that that day, Rainbow Dash lost her most prized possession for nothing, And that Fluttershy got something in the end because of Rainbow Dash and her most prized possession, even if it means nothing, it's still a pretty sweet thought process, and it could mean differently to them.

But at that point, it all gets opinion based rather than canon. So I only wanted to mention the end results of the horseshoe and the whistle, not the reasons behind them.

That being said, any canon moments you can think of this season? I'd love to hear more about them here again.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Flutter Brutter

Honestly I find it amusing that Fluttershy's parents think Rainbow Dash likes Zephyr Breeze. Which must've been caused by her being around the house alot...proof in that line "Dinner was great AS USUAL Mrs. Shy" (or something like that). And it makes me laugh to think that yes Rainbow was coming around a lot for a certain pony...but I think they might be confused over which pony it is.

Plus it also confirms that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have indeed been friends for years, so much so that she's was apparently a regular guest. So it's not what some peopel theorized in that their first meeting was their only meeting and they are officially confirmed fillyhood lovers I MEAN friends...

Fluttershy's brother having some kind of affection to Rainbow Dash....like brother like sister am I right? It's not uncommon for siblings to have the same kind of affections towards the same person afterall and I think you could say that if Zephyr was won over by Rainbow Dash then you could say Fluttershy could've been won over already or was already won over.

5592048 Oh my gosh! Yes! The fillyhood friendship connection strikes again! It's reasons like this that have me believe, even if their relationship could never happen in the show, they are still the closest of friends out of all of the Mane Six.

This is why I love seeing things referencing or showing their fillyhood together.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Plus, let's see it this way. Most parent's don't assume their kids might....you know....go the other way. So I'd like to think that one or both of Fluttershy's parents and Zephyr thought to themselves "Gee, this mare is coming over to our house a lot...she must obviously really like somepony a lot...it can't be our daughter/my sister....she's straight after all....oh I get it! it must be because she has a crush on our son/me!"

Just imagine their reactions when they get the wedding invitation....

Just imagine their reactions when they get the wedding invitation....

Yeah... I don't like weddings, so I'd rather not go there. Instead I'm just gonna imagine them seeing the sight of Rainbow and Fluttershy showing them their son/daughter.

Dalek Saxon
Group Admin

Then imagine Zephyr's broken hearted tears....

Also, in Legend of the Everfree we have this image:

Rarity seems to be very approving in the background.

5592132 Oh my...

Jeez, I still need to watch those Equestria Girls Movies. The fact that it's humanized ponies keeps making me avoid them...

To add on about Flutter Butter, another large hint in that episode is the fact that Rainbow isn't just with her a lot at her parent's house but is with her a lot in general. She's helping her clean, she's discussing things with her. Their interactions together show a very close bond in that episode, whether it be at their Shy's parents house or when at Shy's house herself.

(She also sticks around to help Zephyr in the end even though it's pretty clear her opinion of him is very low.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 59