Team Fortress 2 Bronies 584 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I was pondering the many weapons available when I remembered the one time I taunted with the "Equalizer".

Then I got to thinking, what if you were ubered when you did it? Would the grenades still go off and kill anyone (Save you and the Medic) around you, or would you and the medic die too?

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION!

Like, what if you used the "Ullapool Caber" or "The Boston Basher"?

I NEED ANSWERS!!

The Medic would undoubtedly remain unharmed, since the damage only applies to yourself and enemies.

I know for a fact that the equalizer killtaunt does not kill its user if said user is ubercharged, or any teammates (medics included) for the regular medigun at least. I'm not sure if you'd die with the quick-fix's ubercharge active. The Ullapool Caber won't kill its user even without a medic if you don't sustain any fall damage and have enough health beforehand.

Technically if you have the battalions backup equipped and have a full overheal, you won't die from the taunt. The taunt does 320 self damage. With the battalions backup equipped and the overheal you would have 330 health leaving you with 10 health to play with.

5561380 I thought there'd be indiscriminant splash damage.
5561772 Well, it kinda sucks now that it's been Nerfed (WHY LORD GABEN, WHY?!)
5561805 Really? I suppose that wouldn't work against a Tank in MVM... but I suppose it could work in Standard play... hmmm...

Fortunately, there is none. Imagine it as an allied rocket with a high damage increase, which kills the user if used in close quarters.

1) Quick Fix will not save you
2) Yes, Uber works, but now you're also a big flashy beacon to run away from, and you can only do it once every 40 seconds or more.
3) Others have found certain areas where, if you have to crouch to fit, the taunt will generate the explosion on the otherside of the floor. For example, right underneath the rap on Hightower there's a ledge yo ucan crouch under to shove grenades at people walking over head. Rocket Jumper used to make you invincible to self damage, but got ... "Balanced"
4) Boston Basher just helps the medic charge fast.

5562726 Like a sticky jump (not the white and orange one)?
5562915 Huh, duly noted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9