Sad 2,623 members · 4,359 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Alright, guys. I need it. I need a really great cry right now. What's the saddest fic you know of? Which is the one that you have started bawling your eyes out over?

I'm not sure what this group thinks about advertising our own stories, but I have been told that this story of mine is a real tearjerker:

TWings on the Horizon
The water has always soothed me. The sounds of waves always makes me feel calm, makes me forget my sadness for just a moment. I never realized what the ocean had in store for me.
The Ranger · 6.8k words  ·  30  2 · 1.2k views

Lots of Scampy's stories are deliciously sad. Here's one of my favorites off the top of my head.

TLast Light
Sunset Shimmer has fallen into a self-destructive spiral since her friends left her, and she attempts to end her life. While unconscious, she is confronted by Princess Luna. They have much to discuss, whether Sunset likes it or not.
Scampy · 16k words  ·  677  40 · 13k views

it had the nerve to make me experience something you twats call “the feels,” but a nice enthusiastic walk in the woods solved that problem. ~ DR_LaZer

made me cry… ~ deli73

I cried. I didn't shed one tear, but a thousand. ~ Crystal_Chaos

Great story, definitely deserves the tragedy tag. ~ MustacheMerlin

It worked for other readers, maybe it can also work for you:

TPrincess of Friendship
After Twilight’s stream of successes, she’s confident that nothing can go wrong. Is she due for a lesson?
Bad Dragon · 5.4k words  ·  290  46 · 7.9k views

Try anything in the Crescent and New folders.

EDIT: Wow, that was dumb - I forgot to link. All fixed.

Wait, we're self nominating?

I can do that:

TLuna's Daughters
Upon her return from banishment, Luna asks Celestia: "What happened to my daughters?"
SockPuppet · 18k words  ·  469  16 · 6.7k views

Here’s another one that came to mind. My FIMFiction jutsu is weak so have a link instead of the title card- I don’t know how to do that.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/126415/five-hundred-little-murders

If we’re allowed to self-promo per someone asking a question:

EI Hear the Stars
It can be said that what Tempest’s old friends did was cruel. Contemplating everything, Tempest is left wondering if she’s really any better, and if it’s time to return home.
Whinifree · 7.9k words  ·  170  6 · 3.3k views

On the toolbar at the top of your comment box you can find the "Insert Embeddable Content" button.
Or just Ctrl+E.

TFive Hundred Little Murders
Flitter thinks Fluttershy is the weakest pony in the world. Flitter has never confronted what Fluttershy's job really means. Nopony ever wants to or should. Now Flitter has to. And 'weak' will turn out to be exactly the wrong word.
Estee · 11k words  ·  1,135  25 · 15k views

It's probably Estee's best story, in part because the protagonist is simultaneously so unsympathetic and yet we don't want to see them get hurt.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10