Sad 2,625 members · 4,380 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So in the Episode "No Second Prances" Trixie up and decides to roll with being shot into the pony eating manticore with the faint hope that Starlight will save her?

Trixie said so herself that she didn't have the magical capabilities to perform the magic Trick by Hoofdini, but she kept going with it after Starlight ran off...

There are 3 possibilities that came to mind when I thought of this.

1. She was reckless to actually try to pull it off herself and anticipate success. She was either confident that she could learn to escape the manticore herself if she had too or she trusted Starlight (a complete stranger she just met that day) to save her. Not very good street smarts Trixie.

2. She so bummed that she completely forgot the risk all together.

Or 3...

She was feeling depressed and suicidal, and she didn't want to continue her life without Starlight.

It's very hard for me to not see number 3 as the most likely reason. Anyone else with me on this?

Suicidal Trixie?
Sounds like I might need to get caught up with the show again.

It did seem really dark if you thought about it. Trixie's monotone speech would seem to rule out option 1.

I'm with you on number 3. Probably thought she had just ruined her final chance at redemption. Pretty grim, honestly.

5206793 Personally, I'm going to go with one or two. I just can't see the show writers actually getting away with three.

#3 looks quite possible. The entire tone and theme was Trixie's failed attempts to reintegrate after her evil days. And she had the one Starlight Glimmering hope that perhaps she could make a friend. And when that flopped, she concluded "what's the point?" If she couldn't make a friend in a former villain like herself, then she would likely be friendless forever. And in a universe where friendship is everything... yeah. #3.

Canonically suicidal? More like cannon suicidal. :twilightoops:

This is dark as hell...
I LOVE IT!
It's always interesting to see a very sad / dark theory extremely plausible, especially 100% based on the show without headcanons getting involved.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8