Sparity 1,910 members · 1,022 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

I have a question for those who read the comics series, do Spike and Rarity have a better relationship in the comics then the show?

I think they have a decent relationship. I still love the Nightmare Rarity Arc because of how their relationship was shown.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

There's also a holiday special that was released last year and it focus mostly on Spike and Rarity. Check it out if you didn't read it yet.

Already saw it. It was so sweet!

Don't forget about that Season 10 in the form of a comic.
Found a youtube video of some pages here
Sparity moments there? Well...
Cover page shows Spike smiling shyly at Rarity. That's a start. He still has that Rarity doll. Seemed a bit too concerned to go after Rarity after assuming she's in trouble which she isn't. Rarity still calls him Spikey-Wikey. Rarity notices Spike's knowledge on makeup which he states he picked up from hanging out with her a lot.

All in all, hoping for some Sparity moments in those comics.

I think both the comics and the show are equal with sparity.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

Better then what we got in Dragon Dropped.

I feel we didn't get much interacting between Spike and Rarity in the later seasons, the last one that focus on their relationship, had Rarity in a negative light.

I like to think they still got together in the future. I mean, you saw how buff Spike got.

7290871 It feels so weird that they decided to treat the last Sparity episode as purely a friendship problem despite the fact that there were clearly romantic undertones. Was the concept of Spike having romantic feelings for anyone suddenly a taboo idea?

I think it depends on how you look at it.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

The main problem I have with the episode that Spike's crush is not mentioned at all. The episode should have focus on the crush, instead we got a stupid plot of Rarity being jealous of Spike hanging out with Gabby, despite we see him hanging out with other characters before.

7290917 I know. What was wrong with the original plot of Spike getting over his crush on Rarity?

That was the original plot? That would've been far more interesting than what we got, and at least a resolution to Sparity as a couple.

Also, Spike won in the end by becoming jacked and handsome. He can get 10 Raritys if he wants now.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

Instead of Spike getting over his crush, how about a plot about Rarity admitted that she do have some feelings for Spike, but tell him that he too young for her right now and tell him maybe when he older, they might be together. To me, that the way to end the Sparity subplot.

I personally don't like Spike's future design, but I couldn't imagine Rarity ignoring him at that point.

As someone who got a lot better looking when he grew up, I like it. But I'm clearly biased haha :rainbowlaugh:

Why don't you like it?

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

I'm not gonna get in too much detail on it, I Just think the design is odd for him. I see fan art of older Spike and they look a lot better then the show, that's just my opinion.

Here's one for example.

That picture looks really good. I especially love the design for Twilight, a lot more than the Celestia clone design they gave her at the end.

And I see what you mean. This older Spike looks closer to the kid Spike we know and love.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

I have no problem with people who like Spike's design in the Last Problem, but I prefer the artists from the fandom use their headcanon to picture how Spike would look like when he's older enough for Rarity, such as Pia-sama.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18