Sparity 1,910 members · 1,022 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

Now the show is over, did you guys never wonder if Spike and Rarity actually did gotten together off-scene between the last episodes, since the writers had never explicitly said they aren't together in the future and it was up for the fans to decide.

What's your take on it?

Does nothing to stop me writing them getting together and exploring their relationship. While it is a shame that they didn't get a quiet nod, considering how the early seasons set it up, I can still work with what we have been dealt.
Just a shame I see so few new Sparity fics that aren't M coming out...

Personally, I see it as definitely possible, but %100 up your own interpretation. The ending feels particularly close to “Like Fine Wine”, with Rarity pursuing fashion and Spike remaining with Twilight. So who knows, maybe in the years that they are apart, after Spike matures, Rarity can see him as more than just a little kid. It’s the storyline I most like anyway.

I say they got together, though how they did is up to us to figure out.

7176905 I like to think they did get together, but it's a long distance relationship owing to their chosen professions.

The way I see it they did everything to set up the pairing except actually do anything to confirm it -- future Equestria obviously has no problem with interspecies relationships and Spike is a big buff dragon man, to say nothing of how Dragon Dropped absolved the pairing of its toxic aspects on both their parts (admit it, they were there!). So when they say it's up to the fans to decide, well, challenge accepted Mr. Haber, maybe someone needs to fix your cowardice and give them a proper happy ending together!

And that's fine, because fanfic's a blast and my personal dissatisfaction with the lack of interaction between the two of them in the epilogue was what made me crack open Google Docs and get to work 🤷‍♂️

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

I think the writers are just being safe, despite being a popular ship it also controversial as well due to the age difference between Spike and Rarity. I see some people said it would be creepy if they gotten together in the future due to the fact that Spike used to be a kid at the time they met.

To make things better, here's a picture by artist KittyPaint.

Very cute picture. (got a link to the source?)
And that is how I can see them working... It's great when there's art of them both and Spike is actually older looking.

Good points raised too.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

The link to the artwork can be find right here.

to me this is a great ship, if its up to us to make them together, then by all means, ain't nothing wrong with getting together years later. Idk why people think its creepy if they ended up together in the future just bc he was a kid before. There have been cases where people hook up with their age diference being far apart. Yet no one says anything about. But hopefully the comics can give an answer to which the show couldn't. hopefully its a good thing. My crossing my fingers.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

I personally think it have something to do with gender, if Spike a girl (Barb) and Rarity a boy (Elusive), the reactions would be different, just look at the Fluttercord ship. I know Fluttershy and Discord are both adults but most fans of that ship will overlook the age difference between them.

thats true but maybe the outcome can be diff as well

I think the ambiguous epilogue and the hints subtly say Spike and Rarity give it a shot at least. After all, if the main detractors for the ship is Spike looks like a kid, the fact he all grown up should put that to bed the notion Sparity cant work because it looks creepy.

Plus we know at least two lesbian couples--Scootaloo's aunts and LyraBon--that are canon. Hell, even YonaBar is canon, so interspecies couples are canon. There is no excuse now to say that it can't happen.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14