Sparity 1,910 members · 1,022 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I got bored and looked at Derpibooru and was surprised to see some official-looking images involving Spike. I thought they were from an episode I forgot about but it turns out China has once again leaked an episode.

The episode is called Dragon Dropped. The plotline, I had no idea but someone posted the link to the actual episode. Normally, I would ignore this one like the other leaks, but the pictures on Derpibooru showed something that made me frantically click the link to the episode.

They showed Spike and Rarity together as the focus of the pictures.

So I finally watched the episode and.... wow.

Turns out the episode is about when Spike hangs out with someone else so much that Rarity gets jealous as heck. I have seen some fanfics about this (I'm looking at you Rarity Gets Jealous by CategoricalGrant), Rarity getting jealous that Spike is with someone else more than her. I never expected THAT to happen for real now.

This is the first time Rarity has noticed Spike always being a big help and realizing how much of an impact he is. I have seen some fanfics talking about this but never did I expect this concept become canon. So now I'm glad she finally sees how much she takes him for granted.

Of course, this leads to Rarity becoming obsessed with Spike. Back then, it was Spike becoming obsessed with Rarity. Good to see the tables have turned...

Well, the episode had some ups and downs, boy Rarity was a bitch in this episode, lol, but it's good to see how much she appreciates Spike. The only thing missing was a kiss on the cheek or something but at least she used that nickname Spikey Wikey. It was also interesting that it was Gabby that Spike hanged out with. I never expected those two, lol. Shame that Spike never got hearted eyed or blushing or floating with bubbling love before but oh well.

This is the closest we will get to a Sparity episode for Season 9. All in all, I liked it. I'm still hoping for another proper one before the season ends. Preferably one where she kisses him again, heh heh.

And my bad for the constant spoiler filtering. Since this was a leaked episode, I felt it was appropriate to do so.

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

Spike and Gabby hanging out together, well at least it's not Sweetie Belle thank god.

i want to see it :)

I just watched, for screencaps on Derpibooru I was really scared. Spike look like he likes Gabby and Rarity want to get it back.

But in the end its a good episode, look like Rarity maybe see Spike with other eyes :) The end is cute because he look for spend time with Rarity and I like what Spike said to Rarity: i always want My Rarity time

If it had been Sweetie Belle, there would've been blood...

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

Whelp I learn that Rarity doesn’t like sharing Spike I guess that’s one Sparity hint

Ladies and gentlemen, the Element of Generosity.

The Dragon Warlock
Group Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else saw this. I want to give some minor thoughts on it as well. Spoilers ahead, so don't read the following comment if you don't want to.

Some people seem to think this episode brings an end to Sparity and the shipping is sunk. However, the answer is a simple no. It's far from being sunk.

Contrary to what some people may think, I don't think this episode sunk Sparity. It gave it more strength when you think about it. People keep thinking Rarity was ignoring Spike, and in this episode she learned the hard way about how useful and helpful he's been to her. Rarity had to learn that Spike isn't always going to be with her, and she got jealous of him hanging with Gabby. Gabby too had realized she was hogging Spike a bit too much and learned the same feeling Rarity had about Spike not being around her. They both have learned to share Spike in their own way.

And something I should point out is that Spike seemed like he was still interested in Rarity and wanting to be with her. He was shocked to learn Rarity loved being with him, and that at the end he always looks forward to being with Rarity and spending time with her. So no, I don't think Sparity has been sunk. It's just gained a new rival in the form of Spabby (Gabby X Spike). So while this episode doesn't 100% confirm Sparity, I still hold a belief that it's still strong as ever. Besides, there's always a harem if it comes down to it.

Part of me is
REEEEEEEEEEEE(etcetera etcetera)
The other is happy that something sorta was probably attempted to be addressed, (Rarity's element character was butchered for it tho).
Idk
Spike is more mature at least and honest with all parties involved.
Speaking of parties... What was ment by the pink ones last statement?

TheAmazingPeanuts
Group Contributor

This episode didn’t sunk nor confirm any ship. The only thing that was confirmed is Rarity realizing how much Spike’s presence was important to her, and it’s an AMAZING way to end the last episode focused on Spike and Rarity.

One thing tho, didn't they say that this season they were gonna answer unanswered question for characters in the show, one example like scootaloo and if she had parents? Which she did.
So, what does this episode answer. That is my question.

Will Rarity finally realize all the hard work and labor Spike does for her that she seemingly ignores from time to time?

i dont understand what youre implying, are u answering with a question or thats your statement.

Yes.
I mean I'm assuming thats the question that was being answered in this episode

hard to guess, it feels like its more of she needed him more than spike wanted to go and visit her

can you post the link of the leak?

Can't wait to see the sh*tstorm from Cyrosite and other about how Spike is a kid and is creepy for crushing on Rarity.

On derpibooru, some people are ssiding Gabby is the same age as the CMC. One have to be 16 to hwve a job and 18 to work as a mailman.

Not to mention Rarity + music box = Say Anything where a guy is in love with a girl and stand outside her house with a stereo.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20