Shipping 💖 9,757 members · 11,690 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Discord is quite the ladies' man in this fandom; he's famously shipped with Fluttershy and Celestia, but he's also stolen a few other waifus. To use names: he's been paired with Luna, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Queen Chrysalis, Applejack, Trixie and I've even seen Rainbow Dash once or twice...

...so why hasn't this fandom shipped him with Rarity yet? I'm kind of surprised, to be honest. He's stolen every member of the Mane Six except her. It's a good opportunity for opposites attract. Plus he called her beautiful in the S2 premiere and in the S4 finale, he claimed that a good accessory was her influencing. You would think in a fandom as crazy as this, that's enough to fuel a pairing. I'm not calling myself Captain of this ship, but think about it...?

I haven't slept properly in two weeks. That's probably not to blame or anything.

3514637 good point da fandom is well slow to ideas that are new

Rarity is too good for Discord. He's not good enough for her.

I have no idea.

I was hoping that no one would notice and best non princess would escape his clutches forever... damn you.

I've never been interested in Discord ships, especially when he's paired up with a pony that isn't an alicorn (I find a disturbing age difference). :unsuresweetie:
But I admit that if even seconday characters like Trixie and Applejack (I'm not sorry for this) have been shipped, why the hell not Rarity ? (I saw some Spikord sruff also)
Even I, think that her maturity can be a good match for Discord despite the age difference. And I think he can have some taste in classy ladies (DisLestia shipper speaks here)
But that might be because Rarity is one of the main characters who is the least shipped outside her main pairings (Sparity, RariJack...).
So it would not be because of the shipping itself, but because of her place in the shipping fandom

Maybe it's because Rarity wouldn't put up with his bullshit (excuse me) for very long, but then you'd think that would apply to Applejack, too.

3514637 I think it's more the fact that Discord and Rarity don't have much on-screen interaction. Rarity only really casts daggers at him, but she doesn't outright complain about him behind his back.

...This isn't just a cunning plot to get people to ship you with Discord, by any chance?

I'm on to you, Princess. :trixieshiftright:

3515158 Oh, darling, didn't you know? :raritywink: Luna is my waifu. :raritystarry:

Probably because Discord doesn't have the personality that provides a good match for Rarity's personality.

Rarity is for mannerism as Discord is for pleasure.
Rarity is for creating masterpieces as Discord is for ruining things for his masterpiece.

...actually, you know what? I don't really know why those two weren't shipped. Maybe brown and white aren't good colors for each other? We could always go the easy way and blame Spike for it, but that's boring and in poor taste.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12