The Conversion Bureau 1,319 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

In any setting where Celestia arrives on Earth and doesn't immediately declare war, how did Celestia negotiate the operation of the CBs on any nation's soil?

Nagging the world leader 24/7 with holograms, and was the distractions for the people so that they used to use what's left of the resources to send a colony on Mars.

I imagine the promise of regrowing any possible lost limbs, being cured of cancer and all crippling anything undone instantly is enough of a sign of goodwill to pretty much invalidate most precaution for plenty of countries.

Cynically, I was thinking less economically developed or non democratic countries would green light it to remove subversive elements

First, there's no logical reason why Celestia would declare war on everybody after Equestria crash lands on Earth.

Second, AFTER they fire nuclear missiles to get rid of the source of this new type of radiation that's spreading, and Celestia reminds everyone that the sun is a giant nuclear reactor... and Celestia suggests mutating people into native species (griffins, dragons, Abyssinians, etc) to help them survive doesn't seem so bad.

Firstly. Some fics jump straight to the point and go to war. Second, what does the sun being a nuke have to do with anything

Explain how Celestia handles nuclear missiles being fired at Equestria.

"Firstly. Some fics jump straight to the point and go to war. "

Uh, the point is what happens when humanity needs to do a species shift to survive, and all the social and economic ordeals that would come our way because of that.

It varries, sometimes she sneezes and they go away, sometimes she gets crispy creamed.

Thing is, it usually leads to philosophical extinction

And sometimes it's a properly epic feat.

Fair enough, I'm more interested in the long term cultural implications, and how it scarred humanity

So would you try to sign up to be one of the 1% of humans who can become dragons? Or would you aim lower for a griffin or go practical and became an Abyssinian? Or become a pony with a life quest of becoming an immortal god?

No I mean more like, part of my world building is how humanity is really fucking afraid of Xenolestia. So much so that Equestria is synonymous with heck, you can imagine what a popular 90s fps game looks like.

Oh you were referencing your own work again. I was thinking more akin to demons with the potion being the mark, but that's long term stuff. I'm actually writing something but it's only tangentially related to MLP at this point

It seems you're asking why the countries of Earth allowed people to become Ponies, and move to Equestria? You're asking what Celestia said to get them to allow that.

Well, why did 19th/early 20th century Europe (for example) allow her people to become American, and move to America? What was said to the European governments, to convince them to allow that?

As a release valve for the malcontent

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17