The Conversion Bureau 1,318 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Krass McWriter
Group Admin

As some of you may have noticed, TCB was started in march. Last year. We're due for our first year anniversary!

The original The Conversion Bureau was first released on the 22nd, though the thread that this is has its origins in was made the 23rd.

Now of COURSE we must do something special for such an occasion!

Now, in order for what I have planned to make sense, a little backstory of the subgenre must be revealed. It is no secret that the original was a self insert. It may not be as well known, however, that when Pride wrote what was the first spinoff of TCB, he issued a call to arms. Write a TCB story, write a self insert. Thus, 'Midnight's Tail' was born, becoming the first TCB fic that had both length and completion.

Now, seeing as our founding fic and spin offs are self inserts brought attention to this sub genre, eventually expanding into things like Windchaser's Last Man Standing, Chay's works, Anonsi's Yellowstone, and My own fic An Azure Future (Only really notable for the founding and exploration of PER.) I believe the only way to truly celebrate such an event is with the writing of Self inserts. Maybe a 'Thank you for the memories' type thing to Blaze, a giant fucking thank you letter for TCB. Yes, I know he pretty much fucked up us ever being taken seriously for a very good while, but he gave us this sub-genre.

I am also open to ideas for what else to do this most special of days. Maybe write a poem, or a song, or something for the Sub Genre?

Perhaps even a new stock image?

Real world shit? Like Spray painting HLF or PER? Ponify? Handing out free 3oz things of grape and cherry soda?

BTW, This is the best avatar in the world.

Cloudhammer
Group Admin

I'm all over this obviously

Well shoot I already got the self-insert down to a t. Hmm I like the idea of new cover art though.

If anyone offers me a drink on 22nd or the 23 I am staying the hell away :pinkiehappy:

I haz idea but dont know if should do or not.

If I could get away with my fic I'm sure it'll work...
it's a shipfest isn't it :rainbowderp: ?

No its more so I get camera and do something stupid in front of it and then put in the YOUTUBEZ!!!! FOR ALL THEIR MONEY!!!

The only problem is I dont have a tripod to put the thing bloody thing on.

Ponyfeathers, I'm game! Count me in... I have a few ideas, actually as tribute to this genre (and somepony remind me to write this week! I need to get chapter 1 out...)

Ok... I might have to write straight for the next few days but I've got a good idea heh-heh-heh

I love the idea of giving out Grape and Cherry soda.
...Especially Cherry. :trollestia:

Why does nopony like the dirt flavoured one? Or the really hot one that burns your mouth?
(Dirt = Diamond dog , Hot one = Dragon. Go ahead and uses em if you want.)

And now the stage is set! Potion get your potion! Reality is coming apart but you can still save yourself. Get you potion now at any major city! (self-inserts galore!)

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Windchaser already did dragons, I believe he is fomattin it or fimfic.

283479 Hey... it was an idea.

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

ITS ONE YEAR OLD NOW!

TCB 1yo Video

SO MUCH :yay:

because most people do not remember those. (not pony? not important)
strawberry is another one that got passed over. (age reduction ponification)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15