The Conversion Bureau 1,319 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Remeber like two days ago I announced that I was making a microlite20 for TCB? Well its ready I'll be trying to get this fucker tested next weekend, but hey, if you can play it sooner than great! It is just the core rules and lacks a bestiary although it has quick monster creation rules.

Busted my ass on this, it sits at over 11k and 35 pages. Most of that is classes and such.

So yeah, whats up?

My shit is done being made.

Might not be a bad idea to do up a character sheet. I'll see what I can drum up after I read it and have chance to think on it a bit

1058309 Bunch of spelling and grammatical errors, but still interesting. I can see you put effort into this.

Aw shit. This is relevant to my interests.

SUGGESTION
For anyone who wants to make a human character, do a quick little thing here: innawoods.net
Photohax if not white or male. Here's mine:

Out of wondering, does an exosuit's design count against potion attacks given it seems a sealed system? Also, i am very curious how the build system on the mechs work. I understand it is a beta, but it seems that really, the biggest threat overall on either side are potions given the limited counters and a long fight. Especially to a fighting character given what a grenade or volley from minions do. And what you see, that the exosuit seems in appearance, given the innate dissonance to the suit being usable by ponies, a counterpoint to stopping it by virtue of its threat and immunity to damage especially with options like Juggernaut.

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Well, if you have a Technomage, potion aint no thang. I do understand what your saying and I'll add "Sealed System" as a perk for the Exosuit. Exo-suits however have a penalty to DEX which is what is used for ranged attacks. As for Juggernaut, it absorbs ONE attack then you cant use it for three turns.

But yeah, beta system is beta. I made this whole thing in under 72 hours. Expect revisions. I plan to add Classless and race based perks/skills.

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Well, if you have a Technomage, potion aint no thang. I do understand what your saying and I'll add "Sealed System" as a perk for the Exosuit. Exo-suits however have a penalty to DEX which is what is used for ranged attacks. As for Juggernaut, it absorbs ONE attack then you cant use it for three turns.

But yeah, beta system is beta. I made this whole thing in under 72 hours. Expect revisions. I plan to add Classless and race based perks/skills.

Do you plan on running a short game any time soon? Perhaps for testing?

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Hoping to see if I could run one on #TCBRPG to test this weekend, maybe saturday.

I;m interested if you need another guy. If so, just PM details.

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Sorry, I already got five guys, maybe another time?

You've done a real great job on this, plenty of options, good use of varied options for all races to class.

Having a good option there to fix things is nice. Especially on the human side of things, but given that many are likely to gravitate towards the pony race/class combos. I think more so, given magic and immune to the potion in question, that if you don't have some form of defense against it human wise, well, its risky to play human wise if the ratio of pony to human is off or slighted in the groups ratio.

At a guess, and pure speculation at that. I would say of a six or five man band, as it was, you are likely to have a 4-2 or 5-1 ratio of human to pony. It would be rare, but I can see a 3-3 ratio happening with a class of human to pony for rp reasons (Like infantryman or medic respectively) . I would guess, your human character is very likely to be a medic for a firearm training options and flexibility. The nature of magic really helps ponies in other area's in general. However, given that your human side medic has a good way of countering it, and odds are will be human. That the technomancer does too, is good design balance.

Its your choice, but potion resistant armor might be an option (negates x shots per fight) as an enhancement option (limiting it by type of armor given what it covers). Chemically treated, irradiated, or even micro emp, however you want to hand wave it. One point to offer on sealed systems, you could offer it as a combo option or enchancement to include hot/cold weather or adverse conditions that could aid other party members. Something to make it a target that needs to be taken out with no two bits about it. From sensor suites to a hardened carapace to stop damage. Given the suit is everything to the character really.

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

Potion resistant armor and items that can negate potion points will be available, Its just that the "Items" section is bare bones right now. If you play a technomancer, you can purge potion points and gain immunity.

There's a lot to be added to every class as I've stated and non class based skills. One will raise potion tolerance.

In looking up the system, and rather surprised with the volume they had. I had wondered just macrolite20 is what you are basing this on? None of the other variants such as golden or modern? Sorry to poke in asking, but given the plethora of options in looking up the system, it seems to really be hard to exactly place which core book is used for things like skills and options.

Krass McWriter
Group Admin

I based it off the very core rules of the core itself than mixed in the MLP d10 lite point system to make a unique system. So my little creation is a hybrid of two systems, one that doesn't acknowledge levels and one that doesn't acknowledge equestrian races and all my own.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18