The Conversion Bureau 1,318 members · 389 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

With permission from Windchaser, I have been allowed to post this thread.

I've seen some pretty good looking groups out there, but if I hadn't been bored at the time, I probably would never have seen them due to how far down they were.

This thread will be dedicated to advertising groups that you think are good, but have very few members.(less than 20)

Go ahead and give shout outs for them you guys!

I'll start first with http://www.fimfiction.net/index.php?view=group&group=881, also known as Buried Treasures (Stories that Deserve More Attention)

This group is dedicated to stories that are real works of art, but due to any number of things, may have been overlooked or unnoticed.

I made group dedicated to New Lunar republic vs the Solar Empire. Mainly because there wasn't one.
For lack of a better term to name the conflict itself. I named it "War for Equestria."
Here is the link: http://www.fimfiction.net/index.php?view=group&group=703

Although this group is open to every kind of NLS vs SE conflict (it seriously doesn't roll off the tongue)
I've created a fanon for it seeing as many fictions seem to stem from an early start of the war.

So I thought to myself, what if it went on for hundreds or maybe thousands of years? Taking influence from the warhammer universe and the sundering of the elven race. The world is split into 2 in eternal day and night. This results in ponies evolving into two separate races adapted to their kingdom's environment and weakened by their enemies'.

*currently I'm writing the origin stories of various key characters and causes and factions of the war. I'm slow to release because I'm very meticulous with editing.

In parody of the warhammer universe, there are several factions contributing to the war or fuelling it's continuation.
You have the following factions:
Ancients-The wilds of the land growing weary of the maddening scent pony flesh and blood corrupting the land, the ancients of Equestria (dragons, spirits, etc.) wish to purge the land of pony kind to return things to it's natural state so the land can heal.

Cult of Discord-Existing in pony society since the dawn of Equestria itself, ponies who wish for power are tempted by the dark powers of chaos (guess wh this is influenced by). They are the primary engine that keeps the war going with much of their members being zealots who wish utter chaos upon the world or have much to gain from the war. Many of pony society's highest figures are members for generations and continue to conspire the continued war for Equestria.

Church of Harmony-The element bearers long since been dead or indoctrinated to a single side, many ponies have lost hope for harmony. Barring only a few. Upon the first discovery of the ancient secret society of the cult of discord, the church of harmony was formed as an inquisitional force to root out the evil of both sides and hope to someday resolve the conflict. However they know for a fact that dealing with Discord is only treating the symptoms. but hope that ponies on both sides will naturally set aside their differences without Discord conniving.

Changeling empire-In bitter irony they wish to spread love and peace among all ponies society so that they may feast upon it. They see only ponies as livestock to feed upon. Many clans within the empire wanting to wrestle direct control, in nostalgia of an ancient time when the changelings once did. Now they hide in pony society tempting and seducing their way up in pony society, creating pleasure cults and thanes to bring pony kind into their thrall so that they may better serve the empire.

307673 Interesting.:duck: I'll be sure to check it out some time!:raritystarry:

I heard you guys like 502Fiction.net so much, we made a group for it.
Group page

Friendship Brigade: Ponies, Videogames and Needless Shouting since August 2011

Are you a brony? Do you play videogames? Do you not play videogames, but like clicking links anyway? Of course not, no one likes clicking links.

At any rate, we're Friendship Brigade, a site dedicated to bringing you gaming meets, videos, streams and articles designed specifically with bronies in mind. Our open-door policy allows members to be as big or as small a part of our community as they like: organise your own events through our advertising and calendar services, or take your pick from pre-existing game nights. Stream your gameplay, Vlog or music through our 'Open Mic' community stream, or watch content scheduled by Friendship Brigade staff. Take part in our forum community, or join one of our Skype groups for a quick chat once in a while. Whatever you choose to make of your Brigade experience, we'll do our best to help you get the most out of it.

If that sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please drop by some time and say hi.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5