Fallout Equestria 5,371 members · 2,617 stories
Comments ( 62 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 62

Hey guys, Overstallion Interloper here.

Thank you for those who voted for their favorite prompts!

The people have spoken, and this month's short story prompt is:

* Sunshine and Rainbows

Anyone and everyone can join this collab and contribute their stories! Yes. That also means admins.

Remember, these prompts are short and very open-ended. So pick 'em up and take 'em on an adventure you want to write! AGAIN, they're open-ended so 'Sunshine and Rainbows' doesn't have to refer to the ending of Fo:E! It's up to you to tell us what 'Sunshine and Rainbows' means to you in the context of the Fo:E universe.

Be creative! Try to surprise us - because at the conclusion of January's collaboration the group admins will give Honorable Mentions to notably unique and creative submissions. But remember, this is not a contest. No short story will be judged or denied based on quality.

So pick up that pen (or keyboard) and write to your heart's content!

Below you will find a list of rules for this collab

RULES

1. You must write a short story submission that must follow the given prompt. (obviously)
- Double obviously, your short story must also take place in the Fallout: Equestria universe (whether in your own little slice of the Fo:E wasteland, or a setting you've created in the Fo:E universe)
2. Submissions must be a minimum of 2,000 words long
3. Submissions must be PM'd to the FOEAdminBot
- Stories will be collected and published in an anthology at the collaboration's conclusion in the order the stories were submitted
4. We prefer that you write your submission in Google Docs, and PM FOEAdminBot the link to your document.
- If this is not possible, you may also write it in your chosen word processor (Microsoft Word, etc), and copy and paste your submission into a private message and send that instead.

Please take note that there is not a single rule against story ratings. Your story can be as tame or as gratuitously violent as you want. Yes. You can also write clop.

Because there was a one week intermission between our first announcement regarding this collab, and when we started writing prompts, January's collaboration has been extended one week into Feburary! That means you can jump onboard and submit at any time between now, and the deadline!

Speaking of the deadline, the final date to submit your short story for the month of January will be on:

February 6th, at 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time.

If you are planning on contributing to January's short story collection, please leave a message here so we know who you are!

Additionally, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here, as well.

FOEAdminBot
Group Admin

Beep boop!

Hello!

I will be collecting your short stories and publishing them in the monthly anthology, so PM me when you are ready to submit!

4980117 I have to write it in Gdocs? Agh, I hate mine mostly because my internet is fucking slow on mine and I can't access Google Drive even on a fast internet... :facehoof:

I should have been MORE specific.

But as I mentioned in the rules, you may copy and paste your submission into a PM and send that to us instead.

So that means you can write in any word processor you like if Google Docs doesn't work for you :twistnerd:

G-man64
Group Contributor

I shall do my best.

You have like 23 days between now and the deadline to write b0ss

4980130 So I can somewhat type the story in Fim? :trixieshiftright:

Sure! If it has a text box you can copy and paste from, you can write in it. Just paste it into a PM to the FOEAdminBot when you want to submit it.

How does this work? I mean...gaah:facehoof: Can anyone explain how this works to this new and naive persom over here?

Can you be more specific on what you want me to explain?

All you need to do is write a short story on the given prompt and submit it to the FOEAdminBot via PM.

4980143 Sweet, uh... three crazy questions here, please bear with me :twilightsheepish:

1. Is it possible to use the characters in my sidefic I'm still developing on? 'Cause I do not want to make more than I can chew...

2. By Sunshines and Rainbows, this refers to after Littlepip activates the SPP tower right? Again, bear with me, I have some short-term memory loss :twilightsheepish:

3. Is it alright to still keep the violence in it? Even if minimal?

There are more questions in mind but these are the main questions I wanted answered. I just want to be certain that I don't goof this up, I want it to be just right :raritywink:

1. As I said in my OP, the prompt is open-ended. You can write about whatever you like as long as it falls under the umbrella of the prompt.

2. As I also said in my OP, the prompt is open-ended. Sunshine and rainbows can refer to anything. It doesn't have to be the ending of Fo:E. It could literally just be a story of people watching a rainbow or something.

3. As I also also said in my OP, there are no rating restrictions. That means you can shoot around as much blood, sweat, and semen as you want in your story if if pleases you :eeyup:

Don't overthink it. It's so simple!

4980156 I'm sorry, I can't help but overthink the situation sometimes! :derpytongue2: So I can use my characters if desired, the event isn't focused upon just after Littlepip activates the SPP tower, and rating restrictions was rather obvious... Okay, I think I got it now... Oh!

Clears throat and kicks into Rarity's voice IIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by averagewriter deleted Jan 14th, 2016

Eheh, I'm just really confused right now so lets see...*papers ruffling*

Does the story just have to be related to Rainbows and sunshine? Also, can it be in any genre?:derpytongue2:

1. You must write a short story submission that must also follow the given prompt (obviously)

It can be any genre, as long as it has something to do with Sunshine and Rainbows in the Fo:E setting.

It can be a romance, thriller, adventure, erotica - etc ... as long as it has something to do with 'Sunshine and Rainbows' in the Fo:E settting.

Sure! And remember it doesn't have to be about 'Sunshine and Rainbows' in the context of the ending of Fo:E. Like I said to PrinceUniversa, it could literally just be about two ponies looking at a rainbow.

4980117 I missed a majorly question in during my brainstorming process! That question involves Rule number 2

2. Submissions must be a minimum of 2,000 words long

What does it mean by minimum?

Your story needs to be at least 2,000 words long ...

4980190 I think I'm about to facepalm here but then again, at least from my perspective, I didn't understand it. Thanks for clarifying it though :twilightsmile:

Ah shoot, what d'ya mean by Sunshine and Rainbows? That's the part I don't get. Gaah!:raritycry:

It's an open-ended prompt. 'Sunshine and Rainbows' means whatever it means to you. It's up to you to tell me what 'Sunshine and Rainbows' actually is.

Seriously, don't overthink it. You're making this more complicated than it actually is.

Don't overthink. Don't overthink.Gotcha

4980117 Already got an idea brewing. Just one question, if it is fine to post our own story when it is done or if it is only for the collab? I don't mind either way, just something I wanted to check.

Nyerguds
Group Admin

Um. If you don't know what "Sunshine and Rainbows" means... have you actually read Fallout: Equestria? It's more or less the big finale of the story :unsuresweetie:

I am in. FOR EQUESTRIA!
This is the end of the dark days.

Sure. I think I can do this. I'm better with short stories anyway. :pinkiehappy:

4980117 I'll be entering the collab, but I'll be operating under an alt account I'll be using for contest and collabs. Mainly so I don't overload my real account with dainty Fallout: Equestria one-shot fics and/or certain other stories I may have to write for contest.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

We ask that GDocs be used, mostly because any italics, bold, etc, won't carry over if sent via pm.

The stories will be collected and posted by the FO:E Admin Bot account.

4980511 I'll create an alt anyways for other things.

I'll definitely give this ago. :)

Oh, I did read the story.:pinkiehappy:

4980511 Really? Ugh, if my internet wasn't so sucky, I'd be happy to oblige but it is and I can't access Gdocs as a result :facehoof:

EDIT: I just now understood what you meant by what you said, now I feel like a bigger idiot! :facehoof::facehoof:

I might post a story, if I have the time.

Does the story have to have a specific title?

Nope. All you need to do is write to the prompt.

All right, I made up my mind. Fo:E WRITING, HERE AH COME!

I think I have an idea. Time to go pound on my keyboard.

Nyerguds
Group Admin

Welp. I guess for completeness' sake I'd better put this here: I'm totally in :moustache:

Awesome, can't wait to see your story :pinkiehappy:

Sorry I didn't get to your question. For some reason I didn't get a notification of your reply ...

The stories will be shared primarily via the anthology we will publish, but you can always publish it yourself. It is your story after all, so you may do whatever you wish with it.

Good to hear! I'm looking forward to seeing your submissions :twistnerd:

As I said to Silver Lighnen, you may publish your story however you wish (since it's your story), but since you are submitting it to the group's anthology, it will be published in the collection as well .

I think I'll give it a go, see what I can do. I've had trouble keeping things concise lately and I think a short story prompt is exactly what I need

4980117 OOOH the ideas are already flowing, here's hoping procrastination doesn't kill this for me xD

Short stories are great ways to take a break from the grind :twistnerd:

I just discovered this. Sounds fun! And I could use some non-essay writing for once :twilightsheepish:

I guess I can try a little thing. :trixieshiftleft: Might surprise myself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 62