UK Bronies 706 members · 1,719 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
SFC
SFC #1 · Sep 15th, 2015 · · 11 ·

Remind me why we should let immigrants into the UK.

The key problem Britain has with immigration is we haven't got the room. Our agricultural sector's already being ruined by new housing estates and in an age where climate change and wildlife preservation are taken quite seriously we've got to keep as much green space as we can.

Therefore, when faced with a major asylum issue like this, the only solution that appears to makes sense is for stable developed democracies to occupy countries facing extremist-driven instability, or despotism or both until it can be proved that stable democracy can be maintained without outside influence.

because David cameron is an idiot that is to busy thinking about his paycheck than to think about the homeless people already on the streets and the ex soolders that fought for us going through theropy.

4714042 We're already a multi-cultural nation, fool.

Alex_ #5 · Sep 15th, 2015 · · 6 ·

4714042 Yeah! I don't think British Heroes like Robert Baden-Powell or Cecil Rhodes knew anything about 'multiculturalism' or 'giving a shit about people'. The world was a much better place when we just used to shoot foreigners.

Keep Britain British! Being insular and isolationist was what made us strong in the past!

4714042 yet another reason I hate humanity and want nothing to with religious groups.

You show them a spec of kindness and they throw it right back. I know there are good and honest migrants...no, good and honest people that are looking to live here away from shit like this, but they are outnumbered by these bullshit extremists.

You wanna yell about Allah? Do it on your own fucking soil

4714075 Scotland has shit tons of room. As does Ireland.

4714149 hey, don't be sending them over to me, I already have enough religious shit thrown at me thank you very much

4714091 You art the fool, sirrah.
Multicultural or not, we cannot let shed-loads of migrants into our country. Britain is already crowded enough. Not to mention it potentially damaging the economy.
As much as I wish to help, as would you, there isn't much we can do but ferry humanitarian aid.

4714105 No it wasn't?

Absorbing other nations into our empire and accumulating positive culture whilst discarding the negative is what made us great, without refugees we would never have gotten fish and chip shops, ice cream shit tons of take aways and fast food. Dancing, humor, ideas alcoholic beverages. Britian is a mongrel, we absorbed other cultures positives whilst getting rid of negative. Look at our architecture from french cathedrals to Spanish pubs to even old roman ruins. Britian is incredible because we allow people to make new lives in our country.

Yes there will be a percentage of refugees that come here to cause trouble. They will get caught arrested and so on. Many just want to rebuild their lives. many of these people were middle class, or working. Their homes destroyed and possessions lost they want a new home without the fear of war or being executed.

Look no one here knows enough to say wither these people are all going to be a blight or not. But I am suggesting we give them a chance. We thought Jamaicans of the 1950s were going to be a blight. My grandfather told me that when he was growing up he heard many people including his own mother say that it was "those filthy nigger refugees" that would ruin this country. That houses prices would plummet and they would turn this nation into a third world country and reintroduce slavery and so on. Some Jamaicans were drug lords and did set up operations but most of them settled down with there families and were treated to horrible abuse by our ancestors.

I am saying simply lets not let the fears of the old and racist prejudice make us forget that many of these refugees are scared and homeless. Not all some are chancing it but like I said only some. What we need is stricter watch on people going on benefits as people in Britian abuse benefits as well. But even then it is nothing close to how much money bankers and government take or the taxes they avoid paying. Amazon has avoided paying 8.3 billion pounds in taxes by using a loop hole and claiming all purchases were processed in Luxembourg allowing them to avoid paying British tax. Hell google, and countless other big businesses have avoided taxes as have politicians and bankers.

But back on topic my final point is that these people are not the big issues we are making it out to be. We have had several cases of immigrants and refugees in the past and none yet have managed to destroy Britian.

4714154 I live in Scotland. Also they are allowed to practice their religion just don't impose it on us. And many have the curtasy not to. Where in Scotland you from?

4714173 I'm in Northern Ireland, you said both Ireland and Scotland

4714168 I think our economy got hammered when we were all buying shit we could not afford and wasting billions on the Edinburgh railroad that cost billions and is still not finished. as well as other stupid investments and bail outs from our banks. If every single refugee came and just lived on benefits they would still be doing less damage than we have done in the past. they got to spend that money somewhere and if it goes into shops and so on then at least the money is not going abroad. That and we actually have a fund for foreign aid. And that fund is being used to help some of these people.

It won't be easy and I agree we need to limit how many get in but to say fuck off to everyone seems a bit extreme.

4714178 my apologies where in Northern Ireland?

4714186 I had no idea countries formed Ireland, Just goes to show how shit I was at geography. Cool all the same though.

4714190 doesn't help that we are England's meat shield when it comes to crappy weather

4714180 While I agree with most of your points. The money issue gives us all the more reason to not let too many in.
Also, they are refugees. Meaning that they will not be bringing any money in. Even if they did 'spend it in the shops' nothing would benefit us.
It would just end up back in the money pool, eventually returning to them. Extra labor perhaps. But then what of the British populace? Unemployment is already an issue for Britain.

Although, I agree entirely with your statement about the British extremists. Most of them are brain-washed teens, believing propaganda.

4714042 If I could point something out. There are two types of 'migrants' currently flooding Europe.

Firstly, actual refugees, who are fleeing Islamic State. They are in very real danger if they remain where they are. As such, they have the right to claim asylum. The issue is the so-called 'economic migrants'. They are not in danger, they are moving to search for a 'better life', i.e more money and a benefit system that is easy to cheat. These people ought to be turned around in order to reduce the strain and allow us to protect people who actually need our help. This problem also partially applies to the asylum seekers, since they are violating rules of asylum, which dictate that if you are seeking asylum, you must do so at the first opportunity. You aren't supposed to go wandering around Europe looking for the best deal.

The idea of quotas is idiotic, since due to the EU freedom of movement laws, we cannot make the resettled migrants stay in one place.

It is a strain, but remember we have had floods like this before. The same thing happened in the 1950's, with lots of Indians coming over here in the wake of partition. We are a country that has always offered aid and shelter to those threatened by tyrants and despots. But that is not a system for people to abuse.

A few statistics, for perspective's sake:

A lot of arguments I've seen against the taking in of migrants are utter bullshit, posed by those of little intelligence or those holding racist or extremist ideologies. That said, there are some concerns that are legitimate, such as the economic issues caused by a sudden influx.

I'd have thought it would be best to see how it impacts Germany over the next few months, before taking in a substantial amount.

If it were up to me? Britain should take:
Women and children
The elderly
The disabled and the sick

Healthy young men should be told that, if they want to come here, they're going to be trained to fight, and they're going to be sent back to fight. The amount of able-bodied young men fleeing their country (many seemingly without their families) is quite disconcerting, at best.

Healthy young men should be told that, if they want to come here, they're going to be trained to fight, and they're going to be sent back to fight.

These people had the misfortune to be born in a part of the world that is filled with so much violence and conflict that huge numbers of them have fled their homes and travelled to Europe to find better lives for themselves and their families. Your way of dealing with this huge number of people is to send them back to the place from which they fled, and to force them to fight against their will.

What the fuck?

How can you say that these people deserve - purely for the crime of being Middle Eastern - to be drafted immediately upon arrival in Britain, but also use statistics which very clearly say 'Refugees Welcome'?

And also, how come women's lives are more important than men's? How come men deserve to be drafted but women don't?

You're making it seem as if I hate these people. I absolutely do not.

should be told that

Perhaps I should have further emphasised 'told'. The idea behind this being that only genuine refugees, and not economic migrants masquerading as such - would be willing to do such a thing for the good of their families, they wouldn't actually be sent to fight. Of course I don't support conscription, considering I'm one of the idiots living in a deprived area (see: go-to conscription material). The point being, this would help us to determine who genuinely needs our help; such would remove an excuse used by far too many xenophobic pricks that, "There onli cummin ere for fuckn benefitz!"

purely for the crime of being Middle Eastern

Your words, not mine, my friend.

but also use statistics which very clearly say 'Refugees Welcome'?

They are. Genuine refugees, at least.

how come women's lives are more important than men's? How come men deserve to be drafted but women don't?

Again, because this would help to separate refugees from economic migrants. My justification for this one will probably go off on a tangent, so I'll try to keep it short.

I'm a Psychology student, and one area I have studied for two years is cultural attitudes to roles within society. Western attitudes to family roles, although changing rapidly, are still mostly oriented in such a way that the father of a household - if present - is considered to be be the primary protector of his wife and children.

Middle Eastern attitudes towards this are still more set in stone. If you're the father, you are the absolute authority figure within your household, and it is your duty to your family to protect them from any and all harm.

The point being, not many Middle Eastern men would allow their families to be drafted (which, if such was stated to be the case, could actually deter refugees from trying to seek asylum here), and on the flip side, that only the truly desperate would be willing to be drafted in exchange for their family's assured safety.

Again, it's a method of distinguishing the real refugees from the fake ones.

Makes me glad that the only "immigration problem" we have here are the Mexicans. They don't generally rally in the streets and vandalize things, and work for a living rather than camp around and receive government benefits.

Reading some of the rep!ies here has made me genuinely ashamed to call myself British. How could anyone claim to love FiM and utterly fail to take to heart the ideals of kindness and generosity?

No room? Taking our money and jobs? Throwing help back in our faces?

You lot sicken me.

4714173 I think this is a problem that a lot of people fear, that is somewhat related to this debacle.

You guys remember when the news started broadcasting the Muslim population on protest (or something like that. Don't think you can really call it a protest. A lot of people with parading and shouting involved.)

In any case, this is something that may contribute to the fear of allowing people in.

So once they're in, are they going to become British, or are we going to have a Syrian state in Britain. A part of a city where the people live like they would in their home country, and worse, the possibility of them having no regard for our laws.

I'm not saying this is the reason at all, but it may contribute and it has been a struggle before.

4715491 Really this whole thing is blown out of proportion by dogmatist opinions and failure of showing truth.
People's opinions are often formed by what they hear, see and fear.
What some fear is Britain being 'over-run' (as I alluded to in my comments above, meant as a reply to another user) while what some of us fear is a loss of our humanity and having the blood of millions on our hands.

To this one could argue, "well they were the ones that tried to cross over without permission" and so on.
Frankly, I don't think you can argue either way without contradicting something.

It upsets me to see what's happening and I want there to be a way to help them, more than just giving out water or crisp packets. But I also see the point everyone else has (though some were rather blunt and somewhat juvenile). It's true, as country, we already have plenty of problems, but we need to just adapt.

A monumental example is World War two, where when the soldiers were gone, it was the people who banded together. Were things rough? Yes, but they always will be. Today we've become selfish, and frankly, aren't in a desperate enough situation to 'band together'.

It's a political and economic crisis.

But this forum will go unseen, and what will it change? It's just a place for people to vent really.
Am I solving anything by writing this? No.

In the end, it would appear this is an adults game being played by children, who have already decided they are right.

I would gladly allow them in. They are our brothers and sisters and are just as responsible for this world as they are.
On the news we see people scared. Here, we have seen a bunch of hooligans who take advantage of the situation.

I think in this case, this should be applied:

You can share of our resource, should you help to make it.
You can live in our land, if you abide by our laws.
You can be Syrian or whatever, but to live in Britain, you should live by our laws.
Cherish the cultures and traditions of your home,
But do not go screaming in defiance when we abide by our own.

If someone starts riot or trouble, fine, send them home or prison. If they choose not to accept our kindness, that is their choice. But let us first extend that kindness towards them, before we make conclusions.

I'm a British-American, born in Sweden.
I celebrate Thanksgiving and the fourth of July, because it makes me who I am.
I celebrate Bonfire night and Christmas, like any other Brit.
I also keep and embrace some old Swedish traditions, because it makes me, me.

I have been so blessed to be allowed to keep these traditions with my family without scrutiny or refusal.
I have no problem with them living here, and being Syrian, because it makes them who they are. We should all be proud of who we are.
But that doesn't mean that you can defy the laws of the land you live in.

I hope you see my point. I'm trying to be unbiased, while showing my own opinion.

Love, tolerance and charity have brought me closer to those I now call friends.

Let us not fear, but be charitable and loving and the problems of money and housing will be solved, if we first learn to be honest, loving, virtuous and kind, and band together as a people and community, without selfishness or pride.

We aren't full. Yes, we do have struggles, even with our own people.
Frankly a couple of people could use a change of heart.

I am not saying you need to be 'unrealistic' to help them.
But rather, we can be building a better reality by helping them.

4714352 I think this is something people fear.
This idea of free-loaders.

I agree completely, with your comment.

Thank you. :pinkiesmile:

4714197 But the foreign trust aid is money that we would not be allowed legally to touch anyway. The money is solely for those in other countries needing it but with a loop hole we can use that money to help the Syria refugees. So we are not diverting any money from our own expensive. Benefits are tiny maybe 0.3% of the over all wealth politicians and bankers have stolen if I am right and anyone feel free to call me on this about 10-15% of the over all wealth in Britian from, avoiding taxes by stating their large estates are open to the public to making deals with amazon and other companies in exchange for money they exempt them from the taxes. Now you are thinking surely if the companies are paying the government then the money goes into the economy. Does it fuck. The money that trades hands rarely ever leaves those hands. So rather than make amazon pay 8.3 billion in tax it owes us they will take a couple million each from amazon and keep it nice and safe in their bank accounts.

Here was one thing that a MP claimed. He claimed our tax money so he could have his moat cleaned. People have said oh buy ISIS will get in and the top guys might get in. Guess what they are already here most of the ISIS leaders were taught at state of the art colleges and universities. We are talking oxford and Cambridge university. That and the top men do not come over in rafts they are flown in by private jets, Their men are more likely to get off a plane looking like a simple tourists than a refugee. Yes some of the refugees are scum. But most honestly just want to get away from the hell they call Syria.

Saudi-Arabia had thousands of tents air conditioned and all for people coming out to pray to their god and making treks. They refused to give the refugees use of these tents despite the fact year round they are mostly unused.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mps-expenses-top-10-most-2266854

I am not saying my opinion is right or that anyone here is wrong. All I am saying is that refugees are not the problem. Shitty human beings are. We have a few bad eggs in this fandom does that mean we deserve to be called pedophiles, child molesters and pathetic neck beards? If not then how can we then turn around and say all these people are thieving scum. Most of these people only had time to grab a few changes of clothes phones and maybe even laptops before fleeing their country.

Yes they have nice clothes and phones because before this they were mostly working or middle class like us.

These people whose faces are tripping them have lost everything. Imagine for a second parents, children,girl/ boyfriends murdered by ISIS, everything of value you had destroyed, and you were in a new country where most people are comparing you to the people that took everything away from you. How would you feel. How would you react? Anger, lashing out, sadness, hopelessness. It is easy for us to be judgmental because we are on computers but if any of us were to meet these people see weeping mothers and twenty something young males burdened with the responsibility of getting a job so he can pay to get safer passage for his family left behind. Imagine how that must feel.

4714193 True that. But hey the shit weather made us strong.

I absolutely adore the internet.
'Edgelords' furiously yelling at each other while nobody listens.

SFC

Europe may have taken in over 20,000 ISIS militants by mistake.

Good job, Europe. Are we progressive enough now, guys?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31