RainbowPie 863 members · 362 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Not posting this to the Shipping group because I don't know if it counts as a "My Ship" thread.

PinkieDash was my first ever MLP ship (ship in general, actually), and it soon became my one true pairing just because of how much of a connection they share. But I've also been a fan of the ScootaDash ship for a while, and fairly recently I've noticed just how much I actually wish they were a couple too. Those two also strike me as ponies who could love one another in more than just a sisterly way.

Anyway, I need your guys' help figuring out just what the hell to do. I don't want to choose one over the other, but I'm not sure I could see the three in a poly-sexual relationship either.

You can enjoy multiple ships, can't you? I mean, I'm a rather strict shipper myself and pinkiedash is one of my OTPs, but I'm rather flexible at being able to read or even write other pairings for those two. (Whereas for rarijack, I don't ship those two with ANYONE else ever.)

I mean, I really don't ship Scoots with Dash due to the sister relationship they have, plus the age gap, and then on top of that I ship Scootaloo with Sweetie Belle. But all that aside, I'm not sure what kind of help you're exactly looking for... I agree that a poly relationship with them wouldn't really work out. (Especially considering how many people write Dash as adopting Scootaloo, even in Pinkiedash ship fics.) But yeah, not sure how to help you exactly...have anymore specifics?

Well I am a big fan of PinkieDash but I am a fan of having Scoots around though not as a love interest. I often like having Scoots adopted by Pinkie and Dash or if you do not have her parentless as effective sisters to the two. I find that Scoots works well with Pinkie too as a friend/sister/parent.

No, yeah, I can enjoy multiple ships. It's just that my headcanons tend to take place all in one universe, and I just hate when I run into an issue with that. Exhibit A, right here. The problem for me is that I don't know what I want. Some way around this issue, I guess. As of now, the only viable option I'm seeing is a polysexual relationship, but - again - I'm unsure about that idea.

I mean, if it comes down to it, I can just place the two couples in separate "universes" I guess. :derpytongue2:

I enjoy that too. But I like shipping the two more because it just feels like they could be good soul mates without Dashie being... y'know. A pedophile.

You could do it but you would have to have the relationship wait for a long while. Scoots is a kid so the relationship would have to wait until later when Scoots is old enough. An 18 year old dating an 8 year old is wrong, a 28 year old dating an 18 year old is a bit far apart but not a real problem (but there will probably be issues because people are in very different place at 18 than 28), and a 38 year old dating a 28 year old is not that big of a deal. As you get older the difference in age becomes less of an issue even if the number of years stay the same so if you want Scoots to date Dash then you would probably need to let them both age where the age difference is not such as issue

This is just my opinion, but I, personally, think that the age difference is less than most think. I place Scootaloo somewhere along the lines of eleven and twelve and Dashie more along seventeen or eighteen, judging by both the maturity of both and Dash's small size as a filly.

But that's just my opinion.

In that case then you would have to have at least 7 years for you to fit the criteria for it to not be an issue

Should have mentioned in my post that I wouldn't expect it to be an open relationship. I also don't expect that Equestria would be exactly comfortable with the relationship even if it were open.

I'd also like to point out that I would expect, nor want, it to be a sexual relationship with her at such a young age.

ScootaDash like they are in a relationship together or do mean Scootalove that are stories Scootaloo being mentored and sometimes adoping Scoots? You can have multiple ships. I love FlutterDash, FlutterCord CheesePie and RainbowPie so i ship Dashie with Pinkie and also ship Pinkie with Cheese Sandwich.

Relationship together. And yes, I thoroughly enjoy both ships.

I just have trouble sharing love between them is all.

Why must they all be in one world, though?

I have little problem imagining dozens of different Equestrias with dozens of different situations.

Heck, when I read shipfics in general, most of them are mutually exclusive even within said ship, as many involve getting together stories which are obviously mutually exclusive.

The season 5 finale pretty much canonized the idea of there being parallel/alternate universes.

Right, right, I get what you're saying. It just normally feels weird to me to split 'em apart into two worlds.

But then again, I'm the kind of person to believe that Colgate and Doctor Whooves are the same pony, just from different timelines. So maybe now's the time to start broadening my horizons....

While I am a big fan of PinkieDash, but not so much ScootaDash, I still say "ship whatever you want!"

So.....WHY NOT SHIP BOTH!? :rainbowkiss:

Problem Solved. :ajsmug:

I'm the kind of person to believe that Colgate and Doctor Whooves are the same pony, 

Colgate is the 13th Doctor

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14